Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2023, 15:09   #31951
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I have a Samsung M31S that has been good till 2 weeks ago when it randomly reboots - about 20+ times a day. This is in spite of updating, resetting, etc. Googling around - it looks like this is a motherboard problem that is not repairable and needs a motherboard replacement - a fault in some of the Exynos processors. The phone is out of warranty.
I'm looking for a phone under 20000 that will be robust, have a good camera (for the price range), and be close to stock android. Having 5G is a bonus. The Moto G82 and Oneplus Nord CE 2 lite seem to be good starters - but there are too many options!
Any models that you'd recommend or ones that I should stay away from?
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 21:42   #31952

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I have a Samsung M31S that has been good till 2 weeks ago when it randomly reboots - about 20+ times a day. This is in spite of updating, resetting, etc. Googling around - it looks like this is a motherboard problem that is not repairable and needs a motherboard replacement - a fault in some of the Exynos processors.
Have you looked into the battery? Many times random reboots are caused by a faulty battery. Put your phone on charging overnight and play a 8-9 hour long YouTube video, If it doesn't reboot there then the problem should be the battery. If the problem is something else take it to a local repair shop (not service centre).

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th January 2023 at 05:53. Reason: Quote tags fixed
ardwivedi16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 15:57   #31953
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought a Galaxy S22. I own a Hyundai Venue and my HTC U11 had no issues in connecting to the HU and using Android Auto.

However it has been a trouble with S22. The maps don't appear and unlike the U11 there doesn't seem to be a separate app for Android Auto. It keeps asking to switch on the GPS when it is already on.

Does anybody know a solution for this?

Last edited by SchumiFan : 10th January 2023 at 16:23.
Old 11th January 2023, 13:06   #31954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardwivedi16 View Post
Have you looked into the battery? Many times random reboots are caused by a faulty battery. Put your phone on charging overnight and play a 8-9 hour long YouTube video, If it doesn't reboot there then the problem should be the battery. .
The phone reboots even while charging, on full charge and at other times too.
Old 11th January 2023, 14:00   #31955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
The phone reboots even while charging, on full charge and at other times too.
If you're comfortable in opening the phone then i would suggest you take a look inside as it could be either some loose connection or maybe the power button has gone faulty. Have had this issue in 2-3 devices.
Old 12th January 2023, 15:48   #31956
BHPian

Hi all

I need a recommendation for an android phone for my father (age 70+). He has been using OnePlus 6 since last 3-4 years and is looking for a change. Since, he has a hearing issue, we are looking for a phone that has loud speakers. Our budget is about 30-40k.

His usage revolves around primarily calls, WhatsApp, YouTube, and news apps.

Can you guys suggest a phone which can possibly meet his requirements? I don't want to go for phones from Mi or Poco.
woof is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 19:10   #31957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Hi all

I need a recommendation for an android phone for my father (age 70+). He has been using OnePlus 6 since last 3-4 years and is looking for a change. Since, he has a hearing issue, we are looking for a phone that has loud speakers. Our budget is about 30-40k.

Can you guys suggest a phone which can possibly meet his requirements? I don't want to go for phones from Mi or Poco.
Try this https://www.iqoo.com/in (select the model you want as per your requirement)as using and very sturdy and from the same stable as OnePlus.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 11:04   #31958
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all

You could consider Samsung S21FE.
RR96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 11:54   #31959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=8TKJCCObcts
I am using S21FE +5g and am very happy but since he is using OnePlus so suggested Iqoo as Vivo/Oppo and OnePlus are from the same stable so easy to adapt. IQOO is a brand of ViVo.
Old 13th January 2023, 12:17   #31960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Try this https://www.iqoo.com/in (select the model you want as per your requirement)as using and very sturdy and from the same stable as OnePlus.
Thanks, let me check out this brand. How is the after sales support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=8TKJCCObcts
Thanks. Have heard good things about this phone. How are the speakers? Are they loud enough (as this is a key requirement, because my father do have hearing issues)

Last edited by woof : 13th January 2023 at 12:18.
Old 13th January 2023, 12:41   #31961
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, let me check out this brand. How is the after sales support?

Thanks. Have heard good things about this phone. How are the speakers? Are they loud enough (as this is a key requirement, because my father do have hearing issues)
The after sales support is good for IQOO and Samsung S21FE is good and I use it mostly for photography.Attached pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20221208_164948.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20221208_1146042.jpg  

Old 13th January 2023, 14:18   #31962
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all

Why don't you look at the Google Pixels? Speakers are okay but one big advantage with Google phones is the fuss free super quick voice recognition along with audio transcription. Pixels can even transcript the phone calls which should be helpful for people having hearing issues. Pixel 6a is well within your budget.

Quote:
if camera is not the top priority then another phone comes in my mind is the Moto G62. It does all the above things mentioned by you with ease without the unnecessary ads and bloatwares which come preloaded in many Chinese phones in this budget. The biggest advantage with G62 is the battery which easily lasts 2 days for normal usage.
tbppjpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 16:54   #31963
Oxy
BHPian

Has anyone been able to use 5G on the Samsung s20 FE 5g yet. When I try to enable 5G from the Airtel Thanks app, it asks me to enable 5G from the preferred network settings even though it's already enabled in there.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 21:04   #31964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Has anyone been able to use 5G on the Samsung s20 FE 5g yet. When I try to enable 5G from the Airtel Thanks app, it asks me to enable 5G from the preferred network settings even though it's already enabled in there.

Works fine on my phone, but i have JIO connection.
JustStarted is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 21:47   #31965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I am able to connect to both Airtel and Jio 5G networks where available..
dmplog is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks