Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2023, 12:53   #32116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

So my 2 and a half year Note 10+ developed a issue that it's wireless charging stopped working. Took all possible measures short of resetting the phone but to no avail. Finally reached the conclusion that the charging coil inside the phone had gone bust. Contacted a local store and he quoted around 1100 bucks. Then reached out to Samsung authorised service centre and was pleasantly surprised when they quoted around 2000 bucks for the part change. They didn't have it in stock and they said they will call me back after getting the part. I got it changed on 19th April'23 and total bill came to around 2227/-. The quality of of workmanship was quite good and they use some special sealant/gasket to reseal the phone to waterproof specs. The phone is back to OE condition.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 08:06   #32117
Oxy
BHPian

Google now has service centers for Pixel devices in 27 cities.

https://t.co/4DB2nUItUR
Oxy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 18:03   #32118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Checked out the Samsung Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 a couple of days ago as I was curious about them. Used the Galaxy Note 10 (plus a few other flagship Samsung devices) before switching to an iPhone 11 since November 2019 again. Used iPhones before the Android world as well.
Since you were speaking about PWM issues.

https://www.huaweicentral.com/apple-...honor-attacks/

Quote:
Honor 90 series comes with a 3840Hz ultra-high frequency PWM dimming zero-risk eye protection screen. Therefore, Honor announced it as the most eye-protecting OLED screen phone in the industry.

Last edited by SideView : 1st June 2023 at 18:04. Reason: Added quote
SideView is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 17:08   #32119
BHPian

Friends,

Anybody has any experience with custom ROMs on sourceforge? Especially, I was looking at a Pixel Experience ROM for Motorola G60. Could not find any comment/reviews regarding the image over there, interestingly :-)

My G60 started rebooting while plugged in for charging. On checking with service folks, they suggested to reset the phone. So, I was thinking why reset and go back to stock ROM, why not try a custom ROM. I've used Pixel Experience ROMs in the past from XDA. But, not finding anything for G60 except at sourceforge (barring few from independent enthusiasts, which I'm not comfortable to try).

Any thoughts/comments are welcome.

Regards
Rex
Old 4th June 2023, 20:14   #32120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Friends,

Anybody has any experience with custom ROMs on sourceforge? Especially, I was looking at a Pixel Experience ROM for Motorola G60. Could not find any comment/reviews regarding the image over there, interestingly :-)
Not worth on a Moto since it already has stock ROM and you will not see any performance improvements. Moreover if you use any banking, e-com apps better not use custom ROMs.
Old 4th June 2023, 20:45   #32121
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a budget android phone for my mother. She is 70 and her last phone was Moto G4 Play and current phone is Moto G4 Plus

Usage: Calls, Whatsapp, and Youtube
Budget - 10K + 2k max

I was looking at Moto G32/42/52 models but price varies between different e-commerce sites and don't know what is the best price to buy. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th June 2023 at 20:50. Reason: typo
Old 5th June 2023, 06:00   #32122
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Looking for a budget android phone for my mother. She is 70 and her last phone was Moto G4 Play and current phone is Moto G4 Plus

Budget - 10K + 2k max

I was looking at Moto G32/42/52 models but price varies between different e-commerce sites and don't know what is the best price to buy. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
If you are alright with spending 12k on mobile, I would suggest you get a 5g mobile, considering the fact that now all the major cities and towns are covered by 5g and all rural areas will be covered soon as well, If you are going for 5g then the best option under 12k would be the Samsung Galaxy M13 5G, you could also get the F14 5G at 12.5 k if you buy with ICICI Credit card on Flipkart or at Rs.12,240 if you buy items worth 15k on Flipkart using HDFC CC/DC on EMI. However, since you have restricted your budget to max 12k, I haven't attached links for the same.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0B4F3G74S/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Else, if you are insistent on Motorola, then you can go for the Motorola G42 at Rs.9999-10,249 on Amazon with upto 1250 card discount or on Flipkart at 11249 with a 1250 card discount

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...V21RTF9I&psc=1

https://www.flipkart.com/motorola-g4...gGDlu6001hiXgr

The G52 Is available on Flipkart at Rs.11249 for the 4gb/64gb variant without any major card discount.

https://www.flipkart.com/motorola-g5...FLIPKART&sattr[]=color&sattr[]=storage&sattr[]=ram&st=ram&otracker=search

if you are going for the G32 the most VFM will be the 8gb/128gb variant available at just 11999

https://www.flipkart.com/motorola-g3...FLIPKART&sattr[]=color&sattr[]=storage&sattr[]=ram&st=color

Get it while it is still in stock
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-mg32.jpeg  

Last edited by bijims : 5th June 2023 at 06:04.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 09:19   #32123
BHPian

Quote:

Budget - 10K + 2k max

Whatever phone you buy, consider installing "Big Launcher".
I had given a smartphone to my grandfather, who is nearly 80 years old, never had a smartphone before & he's smoothly using it now.

Moto models are best purchased online, since you can get good discounts. Phones like Vivo are built for offline model.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 11:30   #32124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
You could also get the F14 5G at 12.5 k if you buy with ICICI Credit card on Flipkart
Thanks. Placed order for F14 5G with ICICI card discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
Whatever phone you buy, consider installing "Big Launcher"
Will check this app. Thanks.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 11:36   #32125
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thanks. Placed order for F14 5G with ICICI card discount.

Will check this app. Thanks.
Great! This is probably the best phone you could get under 13k.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:41   #32126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Not worth on a Moto since it already has stock ROM and you will not see any performance improvements. Moreover if you use any banking, e-com apps better not use custom ROMs.
Thanks, dragonfire.
It's just for the software experience :-)

I had the issue of banking and other corp applications not willing to get installed/configured on my poco f1 running PE ROM (while still in rooted state). But, once I unrooted the device, those apps started working fine, though I don't use that device for such applications.

Now, the question is - on an unrooted phone running a custom ROM, what is the level of safety risk when running banking/corp applications? I thought once the phone is unrooted, the applications themselves should be able to handle any safety threats these days. Or, are there more to it?

On a side note, of late, my corp network is not letting me even got to xda-developers portal on my corp laptop :-)

Regards
Rex

Last edited by rex_varghese : 6th June 2023 at 13:43.
Old 6th June 2023, 13:46   #32127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Now, the question is - on an unrooted phone running a custom ROM, what is the level of safety risk when running banking/corp applications? I thought once the phone is unrooted, the applications themselves should be able to handle any safety threats these days. Or, are there more to it?
Your phone is still not safe until you re-lock the bootloader. Not all custom ROMS are capable of relocking the bootloader.

Also am always wary of what these "ROM cooks" cook into these ROMS. So if I plan to run critical apps, I'd still stay away from custom ROMS.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 02:54   #32128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Thank you for posting this. Inspired by your post, I also pre-ordered and got it at 64999!
Availed pre-order offer, HDFC cash back, Samsung shop discount.
How to get the pre-order offer..
Also how is the battery backup and camera.

Thanks,
Old 7th June 2023, 08:54   #32129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
How to get the pre-order offer..
Also how is the battery backup and camera.

Thanks,
Pre-Order offer is for those who booked at the time of launch. I am not sure it will be applicable still.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 08:59   #32130
BANNED

My daughter is getting banned from WhatsApp. It seems the account is syncing to her mother's Microsoft 365 account.

The phone in question is Samsung S10 lite, latest Android. It was used by my wife and had Microsoft 365 or whatever from her organisation.

The phone was reset to factory settings before my daughter started using it. And then one fine day she was asked to Microsoft 365. She did not, still the contacts started syncing. And WhatsApp does not like it.

Now, what to do?

Checked accounts from settings.

Checked accounts from Gmail app.

Uninstalled everything with names starting with "Microsoft".

What else remains? Factory reset did leave back many files in the phone storage.

A clean uninstall and reinstall of WhatsApp does not help.

TIA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks