Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:42   #4426
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Yes, new defy are preinstalled with froyo 2.2.2.

Was scouting around for screen guard, pouch, silicone back cover in shops in my locality.

Screen guard were available but were priced around 300rs which was exorbitant for quality provided, I was not able to find a single shop selling pouches or silicone back cover for defy.

Surprised, since defy seem to be selling well or is it that only teambhpians are buying defy.

Will take mrmohit17's advice and order online from here:

AMZER® - Motorola DEFY MB525 Accessories

They seem to have promotion codes for discount, which are sent to us on facebok if we like amzer india on face book.

Have done that, but yet to receive any code, does anyone know these codes, similar to letsbuy (icicilb,rcomlb)

Last edited by dvprasad : 3rd July 2011 at 20:10.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:09   #4427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey on GS2 if someone sends me a text which has a number and i wanna add that number to my contacts, is there anyway to do it? I cant seem to find any option for doing the same. My nokia used to have an option of " USE DETAIL" which allowed me to use any number in a received text.
I use LG P500 which runs on Anroid 2.2. I'm able to add the number in the text message to my contacts by following the below steps :

1) Open the text message.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-fullscreen-capture-732011-80116-pm.jpg

2) Press and hold anywhere in the message.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-fullscreen-capture-732011-80122-pm.jpg

3) A pop-up menu appears. Select 'Add number to contacts' option. Done!

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-fullscreen-capture-732011-80127-pm.jpg

Always happy to help!

Last edited by Klub Class : 3rd July 2011 at 20:17. Reason: My mobile number was visible in one of images!
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:27   #4428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvprasad View Post
Yes, new defy are preinstalled with froyo 2.2.2.

Was scouting around for screen guard, pouch, silicone back cover in shops in my locality.

Screen guard were available but were priced around 300rs which was exorbitant for quality provided, I was not able to find a single shop selling pouches or silicone back cover for defy.

Surprised, since defy seem to be selling well or is it that only teambhpians are buying defy.

Will take mrmohit17's advice and order online from here:

AMZER® - Motorola DEFY MB525 Accessories

They seem to have promotion codes for discount, which are sent to us on facebok if we like amzer india on face book.

Have done that, but yet to receive any code, does anyone know these codes, similar to letsbuy (icicilb,rcomlb)
oh good, so i dont have to worry about flashing froyo onto there. Now i just need to find a good shop in bangalore that carries the Defy. Croma is a bit expensive sadly.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:38   #4429
BHPian

Try from letsbuy, i bought my defy online there for 14399rs, with a jabra Bluetooth head set thrown in,delivered in 3 days.

I had never seen defy in person & was expecting it to be large, but defy seems small in person & there are times when i wonder 4.1 inch of spice mi410 would have been better.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:49   #4430
Senior - BHPian

Needed some help. I am using the SGS2 which comes with firmware : PDA:KE8, SAMSUNG has released a new firmware PDA: KF3. I tried installing the upgrade but everytime I try to continue after taking the backup through Kies, the phone disconnects and Kies gets hanged.

Any idea on how to go about upgrading the firmware ? Anyone tried it ?
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:50   #4431
Senior - BHPian

Quadrant score from my Desire running CM7, CPU@1113Mhz, CPU Governor set at 'performance'. The 3D animation test of 2 globes rotating had an awesome frame rate of ~50 whereas Nexus S running stock Gingerbread shows only around 20 for the same test! (Nexus S beats this score though - 1400)

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-snap20110703_210318.jpg
This is the max I managed to get. Not bad eh?

My brother got 1384, running the same ROM on the same device.

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd July 2011 at 21:07.
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:43   #4432
BHPian

Have Q for all Android users. I have synced the contacts from my Outlook to gmail and then synced it to my Moto Defy.

Now, the thing is, all my contacts are stored in offline PST file. Whenever I add a contact, its added to my offline PST contact. In Nokia, we had the pcsuite which synched my offline PST contacts with my Nokia contacts and they were always in synch.

Is there anyway I can synch contacts in my offline pst with my Defy instead of the gmail route (which is a big pain!)

Update letsbuy:
1. Got the phone in flat 3 days, great service though the website says under processing lol
2. The verbatim microsd card was mildly bent and defy is not recognizing it. Called them and reported it, they said they will revert back 48 hrs, i hope they replace it!

Last edited by madbullram : 3rd July 2011 at 21:45.
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:45   #4433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Have Q for all Android users. I have synced the contacts from my Outlook to gmail and then synced it to my Moto Defy.

Now, the thing is, all my contacts are stored in offline PST file. Whenever I add a contact, its added to my offline PST contact. In Nokia, we had the pcsuite which synched my offline PST contacts with my Nokia contacts and they were always in synch.

Is there anyway I can synch contacts in my offline pst with my Defy instead of the gmail route (which is a big pain!)
Yes, you can use MyphoneExplorer for that. You need to install that app in PC and also a client app for that in your phone.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:51   #4434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Yes, you can use MyphoneExplorer for that. You need to install that app in PC and also a client app for that in your phone.
Great. Another Q if you can help , the home screen is already clutter with too many apps, is there a way I can add a folder and move various apps, games etc into respective folder so when I access the home screen I dont have to scroll so ten times!
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:54   #4435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Great. Another Q if you can help , the home screen is already clutter with too many apps, is there a way I can add a folder and move various apps, games etc into respective folder so when I access the home screen I dont have to scroll so ten times!
Yes, you can create folders in certain launchers, like the Go Launcher Ex for example. This launcher is by far the best launcher I have come across. Super smooth scrolling, various animations, features and all that for free. Give it a try.

Hope this is what you are looking for:
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-xmntxsdcardxshootmexsnap20110703_215733.jpg

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd July 2011 at 22:00.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:58   #4436
BHPian

Is the Motorola Droid Pro available in India ? If yes, how much does it cost ?
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:16   #4437
Senior - BHPian

Just now purchased India's 1st EVO 3D - Sprint EVO 3D

will be first phone in India on cdma
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:35   #4438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Just now purchased India's 1st EVO 3D - Sprint EVO 3D

will be first phone in India on cdma
Waiting for the GSM version, which has both HSDPA+WIMAX..!!!
Only 3.1Mbps for EVDO, doubtful if the WiMax module can be enabled by providers in India.
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:37   #4439

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Waiting for the GSM version, which has both HSDPA+WIMAX..!!!
Only 3.1Mbps for EVDO, doubtful if the WiMax module can be enabled by providers in India.
Wimax module won't work in India but the GSM version is releasing in July in UK on Vodafone. So can expect it within a month thereafter in India.
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:42   #4440
BHPian

Which one would be a better buy as on today ? Dell xcd35 or LG optimus p500. Any other model i need to consider in this price range ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks