Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 18:05   #4576
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
So its indeed true; Spice Hotspot has the original Desire for 16.5k. As far as i know most of the outlets are out of stock, but the guy said he would be getting more pieces this weekend. So if anyone is interested in picking up the original Desire, then head on down to your local Spice Hotspot. Its funny to watch the reaction of the other resellers when you tell them how much the Desire is being sold for over at Spice Hotspot. Sadly the Defy isnt available at spice hotspot. The cheapest ive found the Defy so far is at Univercel (out of stock, or so they claim) and Croma (15,999).
Stop this running around and order it online (either one).

With the defy, since I had COD - the guy was interested in collecting the money from me 1st thing in the morning so I had the phone with me before 10am

surely u can adjust a bit for your phone. u've already spent many hours extra running around here and there!!
Old 6th July 2011, 18:35   #4577
Team-BHP Support

While we are celebrating the technology of Android, the competitors (Apple/Microsoft) are trying to kill it by IP starvation.

I, Cringely » Blog Archive » The enemy of my enemy - Cringely on technology
Old 6th July 2011, 18:51   #4578
BHPian

Shows the, kind of ethics that apple have inspite of all the alleged infringements that microsoft are said to have committed...

Last edited by Sprucegoose : 6th July 2011 at 18:52.
Old 6th July 2011, 19:01   #4579
Senior - BHPian

That is simple a case of "Go for Kill or get killed". Day to day fight for anyone in IT product development.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:00   #4580
BHPian

Any good accessories for Samsung Galaxy S2; particularly bluetooth headset(does it come with a charger or the existing phone charger will do?), car charger and a screen guard. If available on line, where can I get them. If model numbers are mentioned, that will be good. Thanks

Last edited by vvrchandra : 6th July 2011 at 20:12.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:09   #4581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Stop this running around and order it online (either one).

With the defy, since I had COD - the guy was interested in collecting the money from me 1st thing in the morning so I had the phone with me before 10am

surely u can adjust a bit for your phone. u've already spent many hours extra running around here and there!!
decided to pay extra and picked it up (The Defy) from Croma. The phone is 15,700 on letsbuy.com. Actually i didnt spend too much time running around; about an hour today actually lol.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:14   #4582
Team-BHP Support

This is even more interesting, Microsoft is minting money from Android.

Microsoft patent division taking cash from at least 5 Android vendors
Old 6th July 2011, 20:23   #4583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Any good accessories for Samsung Galaxy S2; particularly bluetooth headset(does it come with a charger or the existing phone charger will do?), car charger and a screen guard. If available on line, where can I get them. If model numbers are mentioned, that will be good. Thanks

Flipkart has some SGS2 accessories!!

I ordered a vehicle dock and HDTV adapter for mine!! - Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 accessories | Flipkart Mobile Accessories

Any bluetooth headset in the world can be used with SGS2. I use my Jabra headset with SGS2 that I used to use with my N95. Works great!

Great device btw!! I upgraded to SGS2 from Nokia N95 and the upgrade was HUGE!!!

Last edited by sohail99 : 6th July 2011 at 20:25.
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 20:37   #4584
BHPian

First impressions of the Defy:

1. I think its better than the Galaxy SL that i sadly lost/got stolen .
2. The loudspeaker is LOUD!
3. 2.2 is preloaded, so no worries about flashing, etc.
4. Call clarity is better than the Galaxy and the Nokia E63 that i had been using in the interim.
5. Setup was uber quick.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:38   #4585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Flipkart has some SGS2 accessories!!

I ordered a vehicle dock and HDTV adapter for mine!! - Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 accessories | Flipkart Mobile Accessories

Any bluetooth headset in the world can be used with SGS2. I use my Jabra headset with SGS2 that I used to use with my N95. Works great!

Great device btw!! I upgraded to SGS2 from Nokia N95 and the upgrade was HUGE!!!

Any specific car charger for SGS2? Thanks.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:49   #4586
Senior - BHPian

Vehicle dock kit has a car charger bundled.

I've seen other samsung devices, like corby, Omnia HD etc. Thay had the exact same micro USB slot as SGS2, so I guess any charger compatible with them should work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
First impressions of the Defy:

1. I think its better than the Galaxy SL that i sadly lost/got stolen .
2. The loudspeaker is LOUD!
3. 2.2 is preloaded, so no worries about flashing, etc.
4. Call clarity is better than the Galaxy and the Nokia E63 that i had been using in the interim.
5. Setup was uber quick.
Congrats on the purchase!

Do dload 'AndroidLost' app from market(free app) And its the most awesome app in case you forgot where you kept your phone or god forbid, that it gets stolen!!!

You can literally control your phone from the internet. Have it take pics from the front cam and mail em to you!!

Last edited by sohail99 : 6th July 2011 at 20:52.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:54   #4587
BHPian

I updated my android with the official 2.2 froyo update that is put up on Moto site. My initial feeling was so good which lasted until I discovered that I cannot connect to my corporate wifi which is wpa enabled.
Any of the experts here know this problem and can guide me with a fix? I am not for rooting and CM as it will let me forego my warranty.
Old 6th July 2011, 22:04   #4588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Well, why dont you apply the gingerbread upgrade itself since you have already rooted it?
Well i am a bit skeptical about upgrading it via other ways (ODIN n all i guess?). I have read a lot about people flashing the gingerbread update leaked for my phone and eventually having multiple problems which are probably due to to beta versions of the ROM. So i would rather wait for the official update,
Old 6th July 2011, 22:21   #4589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Well i am a bit skeptical about upgrading it via other ways (ODIN n all i guess?). I have read a lot about people flashing the gingerbread update leaked for my phone and eventually having multiple problems which are probably due to to beta versions of the ROM. So i would rather wait for the official update,
go to News - www.SamFirmware.com and download the official GB ROM. Flash via ODIN and you're all set.
Old 6th July 2011, 22:59   #4590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This is even more interesting, Microsoft is minting money from Android.

Microsoft patent division taking cash from at least 5 Android vendors
That's just the beginning. Now Microsoft wants Samsung to pay $ 15 for each android handset it makes. Microsoft wants Samsung to pay smartphone license: report | Reuters

Rumours of Samsung agreeing to make a Windows 7 version of Galaxy S II has a context after all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks