Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 16:09   #4651
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
@phamilyman - if you wanted a mod-friendly phone, you should have got the SGS (i9000). I don't think the SGSL has even a fraction of the support.
Its my colleague's phone, not mine. He had to mod it because going to service center was such a pain and because he had seen me flash complete froyo + GB from scratch on my Defy during lunch hour so he and I thought ki it'll be simple to reinstall the OEM ROM because it was giving "Internal SD card unexpectedly removed" errors.

My rant is partly against a general recommendation of samsung as mod friendly. only that one needs to be specific and not make it a motherhood statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Get the required separate file's and start all over. It will spring back to normal, i faced the same issue with samsung device. ie if recovery mode is still working
Please guide me. after 1.5 hours of both of us googling we got nowhere. Worse is that the XDA search feature is down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
However, SGSL seems to be using completely different ROM files. In fact, I didnt even know what's a PIT file and Odin ver 1.3 (But I believe these are comparable to .CSC file and Odin ver 4.38 for other Samsung Android phones) But I saw the guide at SamFW and from what I could gather, this step looks critical:

- Select Re-Partition when you have 3 files.
- Don't select Re-Partition if you have one file.

I hope you're following these steps?
I followed http://bit.ly/jZ2E3w guide on the samfirmware website till we got stuck at step 6.

We did select repartition because thats what the guide said. me thinks some idiot renamed the i9000 file as i9003 (the guide's screenshots all say i9000) and uploaded it - let innocent people's phone's be bricked. damn them!

Downloading mode is available so clearly we can still program. Its a veritable brick not a complete one

thanks a ton for the impromptu pain we gave u on a friday afternoon!!

i can get into the downloading mode, but not the ram dump mode.

Last edited by phamilyman : 8th July 2011 at 16:15.
Old 8th July 2011, 16:14   #4652
BHPian

Letsbuy seems to have disappeared Completely from the scene. Any Idea when the site/helpline will be up?

I ordered a phone on 4th and till now no mail or nothing from them. Whenever I call they say that they are about to ship it in the evening

Cheers
Old 8th July 2011, 16:18   #4653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
"Internal SD card unexpectedly removed" errors.
IS that similar to "Internal Memory Full"? I dont recall reading about "Internal SD card unexpectedly removed" error anywhere!
Quote:
My rant is partly against a general recommendation of samsung as mod friendly. only that one needs to be specific and not make it a motherhood statement.
Samsung is selectively mod-friendly. Look at SGS2. They 'gifted' a handset to the CM team to mod and play with.

On the other hand, I struggled and trolled the WWW for 1+ month to search for a custom ROM. As on date, there's just 1 custom ROM for my Ace! Can you beat that? For a phone that's been out for 6+ months? And it's from the Samsung stable!

So net-net, Koreans make good hardware but sh**ty software and shi**ier guides!
Old 8th July 2011, 16:30   #4654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Letsbuy seems to have disappeared Completely from the scene. Any Idea when the site/helpline will be up?

I ordered a phone on 4th and till now no mail or nothing from them. Whenever I call they say that they are about to ship it in the evening

Cheers
Anytime within a week is ontime. No serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
IS that similar to "Internal Memory Full"? I dont recall reading about "Internal SD card unexpectedly removed" error anywhere!

Samsung is selectively mod-friendly. Look at SGS2. They 'gifted' a handset to the CM team to mod and play with.

On the other hand, I struggled and trolled the WWW for 1+ month to search for a custom ROM. As on date, there's just 1 custom ROM for my Ace! Can you beat that? For a phone that's been out for 6+ months? And it's from the Samsung stable!

So net-net, Koreans make good hardware but sh**ty software and shi**ier guides!
ah, interesting. Yes, I remember that.

the error is as written. not memory full but internal SD card removed

they have partitioned the internal storage into 2GB ROM and 2GB internal SD card.
Old 8th July 2011, 16:47   #4655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dkaile saab - sent u a PM. Kindly share your contacts. Need some good help on this.
I did a friends bricked Galaxy-S (i9000) two days back. Details and procedure links here - http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/28...ost__p__235585
First odined it back to 2.2, then flashed CM7; Its completely ok and turned into a Ferrari; similar process is required for i9003 if you are able to take it to download mode.
Some helpful links for i9003 - [I9003] [HOWTO] flash Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL Firmware - xda-developers
Update Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 to Froyo XWKB1 2.2.1 | Android Advices
Do let me know if that solves your issue, otherwise we will go to option 2.

A Samsung ain't bricked till you can go into its downloading mode. I too have changed now to HTC due to Samsung's software quirks...

Last edited by dkaile : 8th July 2011 at 16:49.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:00   #4656
BHPian

Miui 1.7.8 released for defy.

http://deodex.miuiandroid.com/miuian...Defy-1.7.8.zip

Don't forget to download the English lang pack.

Check for other devices here: MIUI, Redefining Android – MIUI Android Developers

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post

Cheers
Worried too. Ordered a couple of things from them but no response on the email queries nor calls are being answered. Their customer service is really poor. Not heard a single good thing about the CC. And now the site itself is offline.

Last edited by bblost : 8th July 2011 at 18:18. Reason: back to back posts. Please use Edit if posting again within 20 mins. Thanks.
patron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 17:23   #4657
BHPian

Quote:
Anytime within a week is ontime. No serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Worried too. Ordered a couple of things from them but no response on the email queries nor calls are being answered. Their customer service is really poor. Not heard a single good thing about the CC. And now the site itself is offline.
I finally got through the Call Center. They have shipped my phone yesterday, Expected delivery tomorrow in Pune.

In btwn I was told that the Website should be up between 5-5:30pm IST.

@phamilyman, SGS-LCD had weak developer support. One of my reasons to drop it and pick Nexus S. Further from what I read it is not just the screen but some additional hardware is also changed.

On lets buy the price of Defy seems to be increasing by the week. from 15k to 15.5k to 15.7k so anyone planning to buy get it fast. I ditched Defy for Nexus S because of the bigger screen , 16 gigs etc. I will have to take chance with No Gorilla glass though.

Cheers

Last edited by indian21r : 8th July 2011 at 17:25.
Old 8th July 2011, 17:58   #4658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
1) How did you get this deal?
2) Have you received the phone yet?
Hi Rehaan,

Check this link :
Android Club: Vodafone 845, LG gt 540, HTC Magic, Sony X10 Mini Pro, HTC Google Nexus starting @ Rs 6,199 !!

The deal is now Sold Out, but it keeps popping up under touch phones, smart phones etc.. Register and keep checking

Yes, I received the phone in 10 days. Here are the unboxed pics.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20110708-17.47.00.jpg
keyur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 18:07   #4659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post

For the benefit of all!

Thanks Keyur!
(OT: you should have posted your link!- better register through that - and help you with 250 bucks . lolz)

No problems man. Glad to be of help.
And good luck with your coupons!
Old 8th July 2011, 18:27   #4660
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone - dkaile and nishant esp and Misledz on XDA.
The DDKB2 file was in the wrong format so in order that our man doesn't become laughing stock at home, we updated it to the 2.3.4. Its booted just fine. Phew!

In between it didnt even enter download mode. Courtesy dkaile who tipped that keep power button pressed for 30s with the battery out.

But that said - avoid the DDKB2 reinstallation at all costs. Its broken. Atleast as everyone posts it.
Old 8th July 2011, 18:58   #4661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone - dkaile and nishant esp and Misledz on XDA.
The DDKB2 file was in the wrong format so in order that our man doesn't become laughing stock at home, we updated it to the 2.3.4. Its booted just fine. Phew!

In between it didnt even enter download mode. Courtesy dkaile who tipped that keep power button pressed for 30s with the battery out.

But that said - avoid the DDKB2 reinstallation at all costs. Its broken. Atleast as everyone posts it.
I am on XXKB3. I am waiting for a stable and bug free gingerbread rom for i9003.
Old 8th July 2011, 23:16   #4662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I'm kinda new to android devices and just wanted to confirm, are we rooting the phone here or just upgrading the fw?

Any risks etc. in the process? And shouldn't the upgrade be a straightforward process?

Am I missing something here?
Hi

Used see you at Superb Car detailing. Good to see you here.

Once with android you will enjoy.

In the post referred by you it is rooting but staying with official ROM.

For more info visit Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers. I am with P500 for the last one month. Rooted the phone in a weeks time.

Upgrading through official way is straight process. If you want root access, read first and then try each step.
santhoshs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 23:21   #4663
Senior - BHPian

Thanks man!

I just love the SGS2

Camera is so awesome that I can take paint pics up close with so much clarity! My ol' N95 didn't do justice to my i20's paint!(in pics)
Old 9th July 2011, 03:41   #4664
Senior - BHPian

Gingerbread 2.3.4 samfirmware is leaked out.

Downloading now its the stock firmware that has leaked out.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Gingerbread 2.3.4 Leaked
Old 9th July 2011, 09:10   #4665
Team-BHP Support

I am still on CM7.1.0-RC0 since May. I see RC1v2 is now released, is it worth upgrading to it?

I am quite happy with RC0, will upgrade only if RC1 is much improved.

BTW, how does one upgrade from RC0 to RC1? Just install the newest zip file for CM7 and google apps?

Quote:
28.06.11 RC1v2:
179 Kernel
Wifi indicator fix
Fix BT when FMradio is started
Fix FMradio APP
Added 'ro.battery_light=true' in build.prop, true - enable BatteryLight while charging
CIFS module.
Widescreen photo.
Some improvements in 3D..
Overclock configuration is automatically backuped and restored, if you install new version of rom.
Fix zoom problem.
Fix Secure login by wifi (MotoPortal, IE Only)
Fixed exposure setting in camera app
Fixed camera timestamps for green lens
Cosmetic fix 'Scaling Range' & 'CPU Frequency Range'
Fix camera timestamps for BAYER camera

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks