Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:02   #5026
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
For e.g LG Optimus One (P500), HTC WildFire
My vote goes to Optimus P500, I am not a mobile/android freak but it is well built and have good features. I am surprised by this built quality from LG. You can get it for 8999/- from letsbuy (after coupon)
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:10   #5027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Letsbuy makes this sweeter...!!!

6599/- (after vouchers)- for a 3G, 5MP, Video Calling phone is

Buy Micromax A70 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Seems good value for money.
I haven't seen the phone in person and waiting for some video reviews.
Cons I have come so far:
1. No multi-touch.
2. No AGPS, only GPS.
3. no GPU
4. Only 256 MB RAM.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:14   #5028
BHPian

I've installed the Voice Caller ID app on my SGS2 and when I get a call, I'm getting the caller names. Now, I also have "BlueAnt T1" bluetooth headset paired with my SGS2. When the phone is connected with the T1 and I get a call, the caller name is not announced on the T1.

Is there any different app for the same to hear the caller name on the phone(when not connected) and on T1 when connected to the phone? Please help. Thanks

Last edited by vvrchandra : 22nd July 2011 at 12:28.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:16   #5029
Senior - BHPian

Samsung Jumping in 3D arena with Galaxy 3D?
Source

Remember when Samsung announced this year back in February that there is no need of 3D as of now on cellphones, it seems the company has realized the importance of 3D now. According to a report in Korean publication ETNews, Samsung is now working on Galaxy 3D, which will complete with the likes of Optimus 3D and Evo 3D.

It is expected to come with Android 2.3, upgradable to future Android version along with Samsung Exynos 1.2 GHz dual core processor, 4.3 inch 3D LCD, and dual 8MP cameras for 3D capture.

Samsung Galaxy 3D is likely to be released in the last quarter of the year.

Last edited by dkaile : 22nd July 2011 at 12:38.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:37   #5030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I've installed the Voice Caller ID app on my SGS2 and when I get a call, I'm getting the caller names. Now, I also have "BlueAnt T1" bluetooth headset paired with my SGS2. When the phone is connected with the T1 and I get a call, the caller name is not announced on the T1.

Is there any different app for the same to hear the caller name on the phone(when not connected) and on T1 when connected to the phone? Please help. Thanks
I use the Driving mode in my SGS2 and that calls out all calls and messages, eve in the Bluetooth Headsets. I dont see a need of any other App.
Zenster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:16   #5031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I use the Driving mode in my SGS2 and that calls out all calls and messages
I dont dial out numbers nor i am in a hurry to read out messages while drivingl. I simply connect the phone with by AUX head unit and listen to music of videos. If i get a call i just attend the call through my car speakers. Basically my entertainment centre is SGS2 while i just use the car speakers and amps.

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you elaborate more on this? Where can I find it in SGS2 and any steps to configure it or can we use it directly? THanks
Just double click on the centre button/home button.

The voice module will be displayed. There you can choose Driving mode.

Under settings, go to voice input and output settings and go to Text-to-Speech settings where you can specify your driving mode settings.

Last edited by VW2010 : 22nd July 2011 at 13:33.
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:23   #5032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
I use the Driving mode in my SGS2 and that calls out all calls and messages, eve in the Bluetooth Headsets. I dont see a need of any other App.
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you elaborate more on this? Where can I find it in SGS2 and any steps to configure it or can we use it directly? THanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:33   #5033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I dont dial out numbers nor i am in a hurry to read out messages while drivingl. I simply connect the phone with by AUX head unit and listen to music of videos. If i get a call i just attend the call through my car speakers. Basically my entertainment centre is SGS2 while i just use the car speakers and amps.
I tried the AUX output from the SGS2 but on it doesn't work on my Stock Punto HU. So Bluetooth headset is my only option untill i upgrade the HU.

Quote:
I have a widget on my home screen for Voice Talk named "Voice", which has a "Driving Mode" option. The Voice Talk comes on everytime i Dock the SGS2, then i simply press the Driving Mode and i'm set. Everything is then relayed to my Bluetooth headset. Hope it helps. Else I can put in some screenshots for you.
Zenster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:02   #5034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or else, you can also use this "CAR MODE" app from www.theandroidsoul.com

Car Android Apps | Best | Cool | Top | The Android Soul

Just enable the car mode icon, before travelling , and this app would automatically route the voice on the speakerphone of the phone, or you can connect through you car speaker through aux-in port.But you would have to answer the call yourself. There is no auto-answer mode.
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:46   #5035
e46
BHPian

I have seen and deduced that the Samy GS (GT I9k) is really a great device. I would have certainly brought it, but for the GPS issues (as i use that feature extensuively)

So fellow SGS users, is the GPS thingy still crappy? doesn't it lock? honest replies from existing as well as recent buyers will be very much appreciated.

Abhishek.
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:45   #5036
BHPian

Quote:

I've also added the voice related widget on my SGS2. Now, this widget has 3 options which are Voice Command, Voice talk and Driving mode. After I connect the bluetooth headset to the phone, I'm selecting the Driving mode and it is getting highlighted with a green line. Now, if I get a call, I'm just hearing the no. of the caller and not the callers name(the caller is from my contacts list). Is there any other option to hear the caller name or am I doing this differently. Please advice. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 22nd July 2011 at 16:46.
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:10   #5037
BHPian

Quote:
I've also added the voice related widget on my SGS2. Now, this widget has 3 options which are Voice Command, Voice talk and Driving mode. After I connect the bluetooth headset to the phone, I'm selecting the Driving mode and it is getting highlighted with a green line. Now, if I get a call, I'm just hearing the no. of the caller and not the callers name(the caller is from my contacts list). Is there any other option to hear the caller name or am I doing this differently. Please advice. Thanks.
I have enabled almost every tick there is in the settings but i have noticed one thing peculiar, the common English Names, Adjectives, Nouns etc are Called out almost everytime. For e.g. I have saved my office number as the words "My Office" which are always called out. I'm sorry if its of no help :(

Guess Apps are still an option available to you.
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:22   #5038
BHPian

Quote:
I have enabled almost every tick there is in the settings but i have noticed one thing peculiar, the common English Names, Adjectives, Nouns etc are Called out almost everytime. For e.g. I have saved my office number as the words "My Office" which are always called out. I'm sorry if its of no help :(

Guess Apps are still an option available to you.
Can you post the screen shot of the setting page, if you don't mind? Are you able to hear the caller name instead of the number? Thanks.
vvrchandra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:05   #5039
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
From the lot, I would recommend P500. Better screen, backup but with a 3MP cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My vote goes to Optimus P500
Finally Ordered it through Cash on Delivery mode. final amount is Rs.8999/-

Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by wildon : 22nd July 2011 at 18:09.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:58   #5040
Senior - BHPian

@Wildon - Congratulations and enjoy your phone. Welcome to the Android family.
--------

Why phones sold in US have the best build quality in the world? Why are we shortchanged when the same handsets are launched in India? Why are SAR levels repeatedly being found to be higher in phones marketed in India (The chinese made phones do contribute a lot to that though)? Do our service providers (Reliance, Airtel, Vodafone etc.) carry out any testing of these handsets according to their network quality or do they just rely on testing done elsewhere. See the example below :

Sprint (a top service provider in the US, note NOT A MANUFACTURER) has its own lab for testing the handsets even before they are launched. Some of the equipments are very similar to those used by FCC.

I don't know whether Indian cos have such facilities.

This is nice informative article - The Sprint head - Inside Sprint's cell phone testing labs (photos) - CNET Reviews

e.g. GPS being tested on their top of the line EVO 3D -

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-picture_142_540x807.jpg

Last edited by dkaile : 22nd July 2011 at 19:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks