Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 18:08   #6706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Done Guruji - Thanx!! Downloaded the Baseband switcher and installed via CWM..

Downloading...
Will try out soon!!
You're welcome bro!
Guruji my foot. please no!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Yeah! I got my phone back with new mother board! It took lot of escalation to bring it back. Motorola A.S.S. is horrible. I had to wait for 3 complete weeks to get my own phone back (2nd Nov to 23rd Nov)!!. All because of the inefficiency of service guys. I just wish Motorola considers training their service staff.

Now, back to the same dilemma? Do I have the courage to go for custom ROM again?? This is going to be a tough one. . .
Chill then - just root, install setvsel and see your phone fly. Else u can just chill with the OEM stuff only.

But that said, you should always be patient, post the symptoms/video on internet forums and give people time to help you. Rushing next day to service center before you've exhausted the internet is never a good idea. Motorola defy is one of the most modded phones for a reason. Its almost impossible to brick it - you got it back in so many days simply because even the morons in *** could not have found anything wrong (they should come on XDA and learn!) and therefore the possible reticence/delay in changing things. did u check waterproofing while taking it back from them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Thanks. Did not realize that this is a separate application. I was looking for it under the various "Settings" groups.
I ran it and it did not have the Singapore.. India option as confirmed by --> headers.
I will download the new one shortly.
One funny thing happened when I tried to exit this baseband switcher application. My launcher's center icon got replaced by the icon for this baseband switching application. And the action also got replaced to launch of this too. There was no way for me to get back to my default launcher's action which was "Open/ Close App drawer". Tried rebooting the phone and that did not help either. Finally I had to edit the properties and assign an action and then reboot.

I have installed the Alarm application.
However after the upgrade to CM 7.1, I am running out of space on my SD card. I need to first try and find out what is taking up such a lot of space. I have just 400 MB free on my SD card, where as internal storage has 1 GB free.
Two things:
a. Somewhere you would've long pressed or such - which resulted in this. Normally if u long press on the center button, u can edit/drop the action. I'm sorry if i'm not being definitive but I've again been out of the CM7 scene now for a month+ that i'm beginning to forget how such stupid errors can be rectified!

This is NOT windows - u just don't need a reboot - just drop and re-add the app drawer - ADW launcher doesnt even need a reboot.

b. connect to computer and use windirstat. How big is your SD card? Did you take a nandroid backup? windirstat should tell u what u need.

Defy's internal storage is ginormous courtesy the 2GB internal memory - that is one cool thing - u almost never need to install apps2SD or such
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 22:07   #6707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I tried the app and found it to be good. But the app crashed quite a few times on my s2. Some of the options are not working but India map is free.
Strange - it never works for me !! Cannot calculate a route - is the favorite answer this app throws at me always.
Old 24th November 2011, 22:28   #6708
Senior - BHPian

The youtube videos that used to play without issues in factory ROM is now not playing in the Checkrom revolution.

Anyone else facing the same problem.

MIUI has the android version 4.* and it loooks and feels damn fast.
Old 24th November 2011, 23:14   #6709
BHPian

^^ The youtube videos are working fine,using the latest Checkrom revolution.
Old 25th November 2011, 02:05   #6710
BHPian

Defy Owners,
Here is some small experience of ICS on our Defy.
ICS-Miui-DSJ multilanguage - xda-developers

Also check this Youtube video:

(As per uploader, the the 1st Soft key led was gone long before.)

I will try this weekend or next. Looks cool even though it does not support Hardware acceleration yet.

Last edited by offroad_maniac : 25th November 2011 at 02:09.
offroad_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 09:23   #6711
Senior - BHPian

Well this is what my stock Galaxy S i9000 runs on.

Name:  ForumRunner_20111125_092125.png
Views: 726
Size:  59.3 KB

Can someone help me install CM 7 stable mod on my phone. Is it necessary that I should roll back to the stock Froyo to install custom ROM's like CM7??
Old 25th November 2011, 11:28   #6712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Well this is what my stock Galaxy S i9000 runs on.

Attachment 847178

Can someone help me install CM 7 stable mod on my phone. Is it necessary that I should roll back to the stock Froyo to install custom ROM's like CM7??
Not needed to go back to Froyo. The latest CM7.1 nightly can be installed. Refer to this link on XDA forums: [NIGHTLY][ROM][2.3.7][GWK74] CyanogenMod 7 for Samsung Galaxy S - xda-developers

I hope you are familiar with the rooting and flashing process. if not, the above link has some links on how to root the phone and flash a new ROM as well. Do go through
You would need to install the google apps separately (Talk, maps, gmail, market) as it is not bundled with CM7.1 The link is in the above link
I am using this for over a couple of weeks and found it to be quite fast and smooth.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 11:37   #6713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
....I hope you are familiar with the rooting and flashing process. if not, the above link has some links on how to root the phone and flash a new ROM as well. Do go through
Thanks so much for the pointers hrman.... Am a complete noob when it comes rootings phones and modding them.

However with detailed instructions as given in the link by you I can hopefully do it.

I completely understand the risk involved in doing it. But then just waana know if I can roll back to the stock gingerbread at any point in time if the customs ROM's don't fit me.
Old 25th November 2011, 12:01   #6714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much for the pointers hrman.... Am a complete noob when it comes rootings phones and modding them.
I completely understand the risk involved in doing it. But then just waana know if I can roll back to the stock gingerbread at any point in time if the customs ROM's don't fit me.
Its possible to go back to your stock rom on a rooted phone. You can refer to the following link to download the stock ROM.
[GB Firmwares] XWJVN, DDJV9, XWJVK, XXJVQ, RSJV3 and more [Download] - xda-developers

This can be done especially if you want to send the phone to the service center under warranty.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 12:52   #6715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

However with detailed instructions as given in the link by you I can hopefully do it.

best method would be to run a recovery with the official software suite provided.
At least SE and samsung, i know, provide it.
Its saved my authorized service station on more than one occasion when i started using custom roms.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 13:56   #6716
Senior - BHPian

The World's BEST phone today... Period.

Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ review -- Engadget

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-galaxynexusreviewpost06.jpg
Old 25th November 2011, 14:41   #6717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Y
Two things:
b. connect to computer and use windirstat. How big is your SD card? Did you take a nandroid backup? windirstat should tell u what u need.

Defy's internal storage is ginormous courtesy the 2GB internal memory - that is one cool thing - u almost never need to install apps2SD or such
My SD card is 2 GB and I don't have any videos (except some that I have recorded for testing the performance of the camera).
I would like to shift applications to the internal memory, since I see no point in keeping it empty.
I don't remember if I took Nandroid backup. I think it was not in the instructions here.
[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (Android 2.3.7) - xda-developers
I had manually only taken a backup of my images, music, SMS and contacts.
I will still check and see what is taking up space.

Edit: Today I tested Sygic's performance on my phone and I was a tad disappointed. After receiving/ ending a call, the application does not come back to life very easily. Tried a few times to get the application to show up the map, but the screen was blank. Somehow it started working after a minute or so.

Last edited by S_U_N : 25th November 2011 at 14:42.
Old 25th November 2011, 16:52   #6718
BHPian

Since this is an App related thread as well, Anybody using "Expense Tracker" Apps on their Android? If yes, What is the best one or the easiest one to use? I have been searching for one for quite sometime.
Old 25th November 2011, 19:02   #6719
BHPian

Help!

My 11 month old HTC-Desire suddenly started showing lines on its display (attached photo). I tried a factory reset, but it did not go away. If it is due to software could it be due to some virus? (I only download apps from the Market).

The lines change colour based on the background so is clearly visible always.
So I doubt if it is a hardware problem.

Any Help?
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-dsc_2542.jpg  

Old 25th November 2011, 19:07   #6720
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
The lines change colour based on the background so is clearly visible always.
So I doubt if it is a hardware problem.

Any Help?
Looks like it is a screen issue. Definitely a hardware problem. My new HTC Desire S had a similar problem. The only difference was that there were lines all over and I could barely see whatever was there on the screen. I have given it to HTC Care here in Bangalore and they are repairing it under warranty.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks