Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 17:07   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
any one knows how the Samsung Galaxy S is performing.

i am looking to buy it.
Samsung Galaxy S is the best premium Android phone at the moment.
if you want to buy it, go for it, but don't use futurebazaar for the order, they don't ship on promised timelines.
Old 16th November 2010, 18:51   #662
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Need to buy a Android Phone for my better half tomorrow! (EID Gift) I have a budget of about 15k max. Out of ones i've seen, Samsung Galaxy-3 seems like a good pick.

Please suggest if Galaxy-3 is good or should i be checking out any other models?

I'm looking for decent looks, Android 2.1, decent screen, snappy performance and decent battery life per recharge. I know in a limited budget the choice i'll make will be compromise of some or all features, hence need suggestions on which one to pick!!

Please help me and soon!!!

Thanks a lot Guys.
Old 16th November 2010, 19:28   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Guys,

Need to buy a Android Phone for my better half tomorrow! (EID Gift) I have a budget of about 15k max. Out of ones i've seen, Samsung Galaxy-3 seems like a good pick.

Thanks a lot Guys.
Take a look at HTC wild fire. It will cost you ~14.5k
Old 16th November 2010, 19:47   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
they won't refund as they've already shipped the inverter already.

that's the catch they are playing, if you chargeback you would be considered as fraud by banker as the product is shipped already, although its partly shipped and they keep on saying you'll get it within 7 days.

mine was ordered on 11th so I'll wait till 18th and then try to contact some senior managers of futurebazaar, if they have any

EDIT:
Also the payment is locked from credit card, but they have not captured that payment, and this status will not allow your bank to interfere as the transaction is still under process.
this is hard to understand for normal person but i know a bit of it cause i myself have merchant accounts with 2 credit card processors.
Thats truly disgusting. From what you say, its pretty clear that this is a deliberate game and not about them not keeping track of stocks, etc. As for the Belkin thingy, isn't it supposed to be "free"? Maybe you could use that term against them? If you can, then your product has not been shipped. After all you have paid for the main item and not for the free item.

I'd suggest you publicize your experience on site like Mouthshut, etc., so as to prevent lot more people from buying from such unscrupulous companies.

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Please suggest if Galaxy-3 is good or should i be checking out any other models?

I'm looking for decent looks, Android 2.1, decent screen, snappy performance and decent battery life per recharge. I know in a limited budget the choice i'll make will be compromise of some or all features, hence need suggestions on which one to pick!!

Thanks a lot Guys.
Has been discussed before, but Galaxy 3 does not look attractive anymore. Moto Quench has much better hardware and now comes with 2.1 pre-installed (got this from several sources). LG Optimus is also worth a look and cheaper. Optimus 1 seems to have been released, as someone mentioned earlelier. But no shop here I checked in seems to have it yet (checked just yesterday). Nor does it seem to be available in online stores yet. You may want to consider waiting for it.
Old 16th November 2010, 20:24   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Take a look at HTC wild fire. It will cost you ~14.5k
Thanks for your response Akshay. The problem with Wildfire is the screen resolution :( I want better resolution than that.

What about the SE X8? I know it runs 1.6 but its has a better resolution... Anyone tried the X8 yet ?
Old 16th November 2010, 20:47   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello guys!

Heard Dell launched Android phones in the Indian market, I could find links to news stories but couldn't find the phones on Dell's website.

Any info about the phones and their performance?
Old 16th November 2010, 20:56   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Hello guys!

Heard Dell launched Android phones in the Indian market, I could find links to news stories but couldn't find the phones on Dell's website.

Any info about the phones and their performance?

Here is the link, i looked for today too :P

Dell XCD28 | Dell India
Old 16th November 2010, 21:39   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Thats truly disgusting. From what you say, its pretty clear that this is a deliberate game and not about them not keeping track of stocks, etc. As for the Belkin thingy, isn't it supposed to be "free"? Maybe you could use that term against them? If you can, then your product has not been shipped. After all you have paid for the main item and not for the free item.

I'd suggest you publicize your experience on site like Mouthshut, etc., so as to prevent lot more people from buying from such unscrupulous companies.
If i am not getting the phone shipped soon, this should be covered on a prominent T.V. NEWS Channel for sure.
Old 16th November 2010, 22:15   #669
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Zenster for the link!

@ghpk: I seriously hope you get the phone soon. This is ridiculous!

I would recommend Flipkart for getting mobiles online, have heard good things about them. A few friends have purchased mobiles from them without any issues. Their customer service also seems quite helpful!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 16th November 2010 at 22:17.
Old 16th November 2010, 22:28   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I would prefer to pay $100 more and get a Captivate, $25-$50 and get an iphone 3gs, pay some $50-$75 more and get some other good android phone from Craigslist.

Aria on its own, is not a bad phone either. You can't go wrong with it. There are a couple of issues which i noticed when i used it. Screen is small with low resolution. You can't install after-market apps. I can let go of small screen, but no apps? That could be an issue.

Good luck
For some reason, i am not so enthusiastic on samsung vis-a-vis HTC.

Why can't we install after-market apps in aria? Could this be changed? If not, definitely it is a drawback.
Old 16th November 2010, 22:47   #671
BHPian

reading this thread.

it seems that the galaxy 3 is not capable enough to handle android fully.so for 15k which one to buy?or still for a full android performance 30k need to be shelled out?

Anvancy
Old 16th November 2010, 23:12   #672
BHPian

Quote:
I would recommend Flipkart for getting mobiles online, have heard good things about them. A few friends have purchased mobiles from them without any issues. Their customer service also seems quite helpful!
+1 to this. I had ordered my Samsung Wave at 4pm in the evening and got the phone delivered at my doorstep the next day 10am in the morning .
Old 17th November 2010, 01:28   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Zenster for the link!

@ghpk: I seriously hope you get the phone soon. This is ridiculous!

I never knew i'll get the inverter first and actual purchased product would undergo this un-explained delay else i would have not ordered it .

I hope we get the handset before its officially discontinued by Samsung, LOL
Old 17th November 2010, 01:50   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response Akshay. The problem with Wildfire is the screen resolution :( I want better resolution than that.

What about the SE X8? I know it runs 1.6 but its has a better resolution... Anyone tried the X8 yet ?

Hi, I am using X8 as a secondary phone. I dont think there is going to be an upgrade to Eclair. Remember it has no GPS.
Old 17th November 2010, 11:34   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
If i am not getting the phone shipped soon, this should be covered on a prominent T.V. NEWS Channel for sure.
Isn't this a sure way to lose customers? People who are buying things worth ~15000 to ~20000 online in their site will never come back. Why are they risking losing customers with so much potential? I am preparing myself for a bitter experience already. If they fail 7 day delivery guarantee definitely there'd be lots of stinks raised in mouthshut/facebook/blogs. And their "battle" campaign is not finished yet. Aren't they risking LCD TV customers by pissing off who purchased mobile phones? If I don't get it on 19th, and no satisfactory explanation from futurebazaar, I'll do my bit of feedback on twitter/facebook to spread the word of potential false promises.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks