Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 17:18   #7426
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Its the one without G. Whats the difference between mine and a G version?
Congratulations! You have got the better model of SGS2.

Between SGS2 - I9100 and SGS2 - I9100G, its majorly a CPU based difference. There are other performance related issues also in the G version.

If rumors are to be believed, Samsung is now pushing G in place of I in South Asian countries, under the 'same' price band.

Here are the differences:

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 vs. GT-I9100G Ultimate Comparison Guide. All You Need to Know! | 10Division.com

I9100 vs I9100G !!!! - xda-developers

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 18th January 2012 at 17:45.
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 17:27   #7427
BHPian

Troubleshooting Tip: Android Back Button

This may be OT but I thought this would help.

Recently I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note and within a few days the back key (soft key) started giving me trouble. It'd work for some part of the day and then just go dead. To revive it, I had to switch off and switch on the phone.

A few days back I upgraded the firmware on my phone and now it works like a charm (touch wood).

Please let me know if you have faced a similar issue on your phone too.
Old 18th January 2012, 19:14   #7428
BHPian

Quote:
Its the one without G. Whats the difference between mine and a G version?
Yep your a "lucky" chap just like Irish said
I have the G version which i was happy with till i came across this G/non-G topic & then it felt like buying a Swift for the national engine only to realise you have the Nano's underneath (actually it isn't that bad, it's more like the MJD to the 3-pot Polo diesel)
AvinashV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 19:19   #7429
Senior - BHPian

Got Samsung Galaxy Y Color Plus for my wife. Ordered it online from flipkart. Paid 7990 for the phone with 4 extra back panels and an 8GB micro SD card. Initial impressions are very good. I think at the moment this is the best buy for an Android phone south of 10k.
Old 18th January 2012, 21:47   #7430
BHPian

Guys need to ask this silly question – Rumours are that Samsung is going to launch the Galaxy S3 at MWC which takes place towards the end of February. After its announcement do you guys think prices of S2 should fall? I was thinking of waiting for a month and buying S2 post announcement of S3. (). How much do you think the prices will fall (1k-2k)? I have a feeling that S3 will be costlier than S2 – probably north of 35k. In that scenario, I think S2 prices should fall right? Or I am being too stupid in thinking like that and that I should just go and buy the S2 right now.
Old 18th January 2012, 21:52   #7431
BHPian

Anyone who wants to do timelapses directly on his/her phone should download Lapse It. Brilliant app.
Old 18th January 2012, 22:53   #7432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Usage seems similar to that of the Defy I told you about. Is there any suspicious data usage? You can try installing a firewall (droidwall or enetraffic) and switch off data access to applications that you don't think data is needed. I suspect some app in the background is taking too much cpu/data and hence high battery consumption. If that doesn't work out, try out a battery calibration if rooted.
Im thinking that as well. How can if an app is taking up too much cpu/and or data? I am rooted and on 2.3.3.
Old 19th January 2012, 08:42   #7433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Got Samsung Galaxy Y Color Plus for my wife. Ordered it online from flipkart. Paid 7990 for the phone with 4 extra back panels and an 8GB micro SD card. Initial impressions are very good. I think at the moment this is the best buy for an Android phone south of 10k.
Please post more reviews on this. Hows the speed? Does it lag in games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Guys need to ask this silly question – How much do you think the prices will fall (1k-2k)?
Well, S2's prices will definitely fall. Since its still a solid performer, if it falls to around 25k to 26k, it will be a steal!

S3's rumoured hardware specs are mind blowing. It will need a more powerful battery though to keep it alive through the day, then again, I dont think it will be at 35k. For introductory prices, yes, it will be, but expect it to stabilize around 30k to 32k. Even if its announced in Feb end, it will hit Indian shores by June.

Guys, hows Nexus? Heard that it doesnt have Radio and has a bad battery life inspite of having 1750mAh battery in it.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 19th January 2012 at 08:50.
Old 19th January 2012, 08:58   #7434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Full phone specifications
320x240 screen. How is that anyhow good? It is samsung's marketing ploy to unseat the Optimus one which is much better with a 320x480 screen, or the (less sold in India) dell XCD35 with 800x480 screen. and they add this colorplus stuff - shows pure performance doesn't sell, bling does

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Im thinking that as well. How can if an app is taking up too much cpu/and or data? I am rooted and on 2.3.3.
That is just too much by a single app. 2.3.3? One of the leaked ROMs?

Quote:
Please post more reviews on this. Hows the speed? Does it lag in games?
Lag? with the CPU bumped up to 800 mhz (i suspect stuff like they did for ACE) you shouldn't have that at all - esp with a small 320x240 screen to render to!!
Old 19th January 2012, 09:25   #7435
BHPian

Guys is rediff shopping a good website?Phones seem to be priced lowest over there.
Old 19th January 2012, 09:53   #7436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Guys is rediff shopping a good website?Phones seem to be priced lowest over there.
I tried them about 5-6 years back.
the first time i tried shopping online.
The products were REALLY shoddy.
Never went back.
Now i dont go to rediff even if it comes up in search results, cos other sites may have a little bit of a premium, but upto about a 10% one, i dont mind.
if more, then i wait.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 10:07   #7437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The Defy+ seems a good compromise on expenditure, and, although dropability is probably exaggerated, I'll appreciate not having to hide the phone at the bottom of a bag in a shower of rain.

I very much like the look of the Sony "tough-ish" smartphone, but reviews indicate that the speaker is not so loud and I'm a little deaf.

My only reservation in going for the Defy+ is that there is a Samsung "tough" on the way.

Any comments or advice?
Thad, not sure I understand fully, but you seem to be looking for a sturdy Android smartphone. Well then Defy+ is a good choice. While I was in the market for a new phone about couple of months back, I too was considering Defy. But when I tried it the first time in a store, the looks didn't click it for me. I found HTC to be well built but on a pricier side.
So finally I bought a Sony Ericsson. It had all the specs of a Defy and was better looking. But yes, build quality is not that inspiring. It had a fall and I think on one of the corners it is showing a small crack.

On the speaker part I did not find it to be having issues. It works fine.

So my suggestion, if you want a "tough" phone, go for a HTC one in your budget or Defy+.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 11:55   #7438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Its possible, if an app is buggy or not so well coded Whats the item which shows max battery usage in battery information?
Old 19th January 2012, 13:13   #7439
BHPian

Any of you guys booked a Ubislate7? I did. Just for the heck of it at 2999 + whatever.
optimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 17:25   #7440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Full phone specifications
320x240 screen. How is that anyhow good? It is samsung's marketing ploy to unseat the Optimus one which is much better with a 320x480 screen, or the (less sold in India) dell XCD35 with 800x480 screen. and they add this colorplus stuff - shows pure performance doesn't sell, bling does

That is just too much by a single app. 2.3.3? One of the leaked ROMs?

Lag? with the CPU bumped up to 800 mhz (i suspect stuff like they did for ACE) you shouldn't have that at all - esp with a small 320x240 screen to render to!!
yeah its one of the leaked ROMS from XDA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks