Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 11:02   #766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
atleast now you can say congrats to me.
I called local bluedart office and they said they received late and will delivered tomorrow but i insisted and visited their office and after showing photo ID
i got the package.

The phone is great, and i never experienced such a smooth interface, not even in my blackberry 8330.

Now I am trying to get busy with android.

Do update when you get yours.

I got it yesterday as well.

BUT,

The seal of the box was open (not the package seal, the seal of the box containing mobile).

Was your seal intact ?
Old 30th November 2010, 12:56   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Lol, its not a "li'l more"! They cost more than TWICE as much!!

IMO, compared to Wildfire and Samsung Galaxy 3, Motorola Quench XT3 and LG Optimus seem like much better options in that range.
Oh well

Optimus has a resistive touch screen, This means the touch response will not be as great as capacitive touch screens.

Resistive vs Capacitive touch screens, Pros and Cons of each!
Old 30th November 2010, 12:59   #768
Senior - BHPian

@Dceite, You got a phone from Future Baazar with the ph box seal broken?? Beware dude... I'd not accept such a phone! It may be used/parts replaced/refurbished/battery may not be original...

@akshay_b, the Optimus One P500 has a capacitive screen. You are obviously referring to the older Optimus GT540.

Last edited by Raccoon : 30th November 2010 at 13:03.
Old 30th November 2010, 13:10   #769
Senior - BHPian

An Update : Froyo 2.2 update is here for samsung i9000 (India), try updating your android devices.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:04   #770
Senior - BHPian

They have asked me to approach the nearest Big-Bazaar and deposit the Mobile with original invoice to them, i will be handed over a receipt and then i have to claim my exchange using this receipt no.

Old 30th November 2010, 14:07   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I got it yesterday as well.

BUT,

The seal of the box was open (not the package seal, the seal of the box containing mobile).

Was your seal intact ?
samsung Box Seal was broken, but phone looks ok, and doesn't appear refurbished in anything, checked it with software and close examination.
Also the box shows manufacture/import date : oct-2010

I don't think futurebazaar would take risk of sending used products.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:02   #772
BHPian

Guys with the Galaxy S, hows the froyo update? I read on the samsung/Facebook page that you need to do a factory reset? after the update.

Please review Froyo on the SGS.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:07   #773
Team-BHP Support

Phone Theft Prevention / Location Finder ?

There are a lot of softwares out there, however, almost all of them have some standard flaws :
- Some require data connection to let you know where they are (useless if the theif doesn't have data activated on his SIM)
- Some turn on GPS, which can easily be seen on the notification bar
- Some can be killed via the settings menu, or uninstalled entirely

Theft Aware however fixes all these issues. If installed on a rooted phone, it can hide itself away, completely lock-down the phone, activate and send info via SMS, call you secretly, remote wipe and more. Check it out:

Theft Aware 2.0 – The Most Ingenious Android Security Solution With The Best Root Integration We’ve Seen To Date. Really [Hands-On Review] | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Andro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
An Update : Froyo 2.2 update is here for samsung i9000 (India), try updating your android devices.
Finally!!
Though im in no pressing hurry to try this now that im on a custom 2.2 ROM.

cya
R
Old 30th November 2010, 15:24   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Guys with the Galaxy S, hows the froyo update? I read on the samsung/Facebook page that you need to do a factory reset? after the update.

Please review Froyo on the SGS.
SGS + Froyo = Bloody Fast You do not need do factory reset or any thing of that sort. Just connect your phone with pc loaded with kies and update through kies. As simple as 1-2-3

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th November 2010 at 17:41. Reason: Please use decent language.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:25   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Phone Theft Prevention / Location Finder ?

There are a lot of softwares out there, however, almost all of them have some standard flaws :
- Some require data connection to let you know where they are (useless if the theif doesn't have data activated on his SIM)
- Some turn on GPS, which can easily be seen on the notification bar
- Some can be killed via the settings menu, or uninstalled entirely

Theft Aware however fixes all these issues. If installed on a rooted phone, it can hide itself away, completely lock-down the phone, activate and send info via SMS, call you secretly, remote wipe and more. Check it out:
Another flaw to add here is that most of them use up precious battery as they are running all the time. I tried a few of them but gave up.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:29   #776
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
samsung Box Seal was broken, but phone looks ok, and doesn't appear refurbished in anything, checked it with software and close examination.

There could be a possibility that some one bought it from big bazaar and in a day or two returned it back to them.

Ideally, it's not a good idea to keep a phone who's box seal was open by someone else.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:45   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dont accept phone whose seal is broken. It could very well be factory refurbished. Many seller in ebay sell for cheap if open box which they can get from US for very cheap since its either refurbished or returned after short usage.

Raise a complaint with Future bazaar and get it exchanged.
Old 30th November 2010, 17:36   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes the thing is that the phone is in immaculate condition. There is not even a hit of scratch and even the plastic cover on both sides doesnt look like has NOT been removed and then put back again. Thats why i am in two minds whether to go for exchange with additional headache of waiting for re-delivery. or live with this.

Last edited by DCEite : 30th November 2010 at 17:38.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:35   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I don't know about Futurebaazar's risk, but you definitely will be taking a risk. You cannot know for sure what has happened with the phone. New means new... it should not even have been touched by anyone until you open the box. If I were you, I would promptly return it without even half a thought.

It reflects very badly on Futurebaazar to send such a phone to their customers. I'd keep away from them too... at least for such items.
Old 30th November 2010, 19:30   #780
Senior - BHPian

Updated my SGS to Froyo 2.2 through kies. I was on stock ROM with no lagfix or root. A clean installation. The phone is definitely faster than before. Still installinf apps so will wait for a few days to see if the speed stays. Going to do a benchmark soon and post results.On 2.1 the phone was somewhere between 850 - 900 quandrant score.

Noticble changes include the following:
1. Search widget on home screen with voice search
2. pinch to zoom on home scrren
3. Some new wallapers and a new live wallpaper
4. notification tab now has new buttons. ( auot rotation option)
5. the battery now shoes the % also.
6.New app and its widget called “News and Weather” can be seen
7. the settings page icon are now colorful.

There are atleast a dozen more changes.

The only bug i ve faced till now is that the phone book scroller is missing some alphabets like B , H , N etc.

So far so good. Also the kies connectivity and phone sync problem has now seems to have been sorted. People wanting to upgrade through kies should keep in mind that the process might take above 45 minutes coz of extensive load on samsung servers.

People running lagfix will have to uninstall it first and then proceed with the update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks