Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:11   #7831
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I just love the performance of ICS, its capable of great multi-tasking and is super fast. I'm using Galaxy Nexus (Prime) and the screen without any physical button is awesome, gives great viewing experience. Only problem i face is that phone gets really hot when i use it for playing games for more than 15 mins, rest everything is good, battery life is good too.

Cheers
Ravi
Old 22nd February 2012, 06:15   #7832
Senior - BHPian

Running Pikachu Edition on my Defy

[ROM][MIUI] Pikachu Edition 2.2.10 *AROMA INSTALLER* - xda-developers

It has been a wonderful experience so far. Battery does not heat up and speed though is only 1Ghz is superb.
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:12   #7833
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone using JKay mods in their S2?

[Theme/Mod/Apk] XWLA4 - JKay Deluxe v13.6.4 - How the SGS2 should be! 2012-02-20 - xda-developers
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:51   #7834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post

HI Ravan,

I am using them. My ROM checkrom has rom built around JKay mod. One of the loveliest thing given to S2. If you have any issues let me know. I will try to help you if possible.
Gadgetfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:03   #7835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
HI Ravan,

I am using them. My ROM checkrom has rom built around JKay mod. One of the loveliest thing given to S2. If you have any issues let me know. I will try to help you if possible.
Can you post some screenshots of the same from your mobile? I am unable to view the screenshots in the XDA forum and would love to see if it would provide an better experience from the stock one.
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:10   #7836
BHPian

Quote:
Can you post some screenshots of the same from your mobile? I am unable to view the screenshots in the XDA forum and would love to see if it would provide an better experience from the stock one.
Hi,

Well I am not aware of the policy of posting pics here on Team-BHP, I think the pics have to be of specific size and have to be uploaded on to the sites server first. Not very sure so will read the policy before uploading, till that time you can actually read the link that you have shared, that's very perfect and I am able to see all the screenshots clearly. In case you have doubts you can let me know and I will try to clarify. Try registering yourself on checkrom.com and you have many guys who can support you in all aspects.

[Theme/Mod/Apk] XWLA4 - JKay Deluxe v13.6.4 - How the SGS2 should be! 2012-02-20 - xda-developers
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:34   #7837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In case you have doubts you can let me know and I will try to clarify. Try registering yourself on checkrom.com and you have many guys who can support you in all aspects.
I have got myself registered there, and I am able to see all the images there. It looks fantastic and its how the S2 really should have been! Samsung should take some cues from there.

I think I did a grave blunder by upgrading to official 2.3.6 The mobile has become very unstable and apps crashes unexpectedly. Earlier I mentioned the greater battery life, but now that too seems to have gone for a toss. To the existing users of S2 running on stock firmware, do NOT upgrade to 2.3.6.

@Gadgetfreak, you need to get off your newbie status as I am unable to send you any messages Can we run the Jkay theme on the leaked official 4.0.3? Also, if not, then which is the best custom firmware for S2 out there? I did a bit of research and got confused more. Miui, CMx and what not!

Last edited by _raVan_ : 22nd February 2012 at 10:37.
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:40   #7838
BHPian

Quote:
I have got myself registered there, and I am able to see all the images there. It looks fantastic and its how the S2 really should have been! Samsung should take some cues from there.

I think I did a grave blunder by upgrading to official 2.3.6 The mobile has become very unstable and apps crashes unexpectedly. Earlier I mentioned the greater battery life, but now that too seems to have gone for a toss. To the existing users of S2 running on stock firmware, do NOT upgrade to 2.3.6.

@Gadgetfreak, you need to get off your newbie status as I am unable to send you any messages Can we run the Jkay theme on the leaked official 4.0.3? Also, if not, then which is the best custom firmware for S2 out there? I did a bit of research and got confused more. Miui, CMx and what not!
You can at any point flash your mobile with desired rom and revert back. Just ensure that you take a backup before embarking on joyful journey of flashing.

On which site have you registered and with what name. Yes my status is newbie as I have to post some number of useful posts before my status is changed. Though I have posted many posts here but posts posted under the title shifting gears are not considered.
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:26   #7839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can at any point flash your mobile with desired rom and revert back. Just ensure that you take a backup before embarking on joyful journey of flashing.
Would flashing and switching between ROMs make me loose my apps? Also, are you talking about Titanium backup?

Quote:
On which site have you registered and with what name. Yes my status is newbie as I have to post some number of useful posts before my status is changed. Though I have posted many posts here but posts posted under the title shifting gears are not considered.
I registered at the XDA forum.

Anyways, my question remains. If I go with the leaked firmwire I9100XXLPH (I guess), would I be able to run JKay in it? Also, which custom ROM is the best one out there for ICS?

Last edited by _raVan_ : 22nd February 2012 at 11:30.
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:44   #7840
BHPian

Quote:
Would flashing and switching between ROMs make me loose my apps? Also, are you talking about Titanium backup?

See it depends from rom to rom. ROM which can be installed without wipe will not cause loss of any app installed by you. But wipe version will wipe out the entire system data (Not personally stored files) before installing rom. Yes I am talking of Titanium Backup (TB), It is a very nice and powerful tool.

I registered at the XDA forum.

Anyways, my question remains. If I go with the leaked firmwire I9100XXLPH (I guess), would I be able to run JKay in it? Also, which custom ROM is the best one out there for ICS?

This again depends on ROM compatibility. Many have launched ICS ROM with more people preferring sammobile. I have checked with the mod of my rom that I'm currently using, he told me that he would release the ICS based ROM as soons as an official release from samsung is out. But I still feel that rom that i am using is pretty stable smooth and fast.
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:54   #7841
Distinguished - BHPian

The "I booked my phone" post

Motorola Defy+, ordered from Flipkart last night.

But, the point of my post is: What's the best resource for Android for complete beginners? There are plenty such resources for the popular Linux distros, but, so far, all I have found for Android is deeper-level technical stuff that assumes, for a start, that people are familiar with all the phone's basic features/
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:07   #7842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
But, the point of my post is: What's the best resource for Android for complete beginners? There are plenty such resources for the popular Linux distros, but, so far, all I have found for Android is deeper-level technical stuff that assumes, for a start, that people are familiar with all the phone's basic features/
Are you looking for developers guide? From usability point of view, if you play around with an android mobile for a day, you will easily understand its basic features.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 22nd February 2012 at 14:12.
Old 22nd February 2012, 15:04   #7843
Senior - BHPian

Woooohoooo! Finally rooted my LG P500 using Gingerbreak. I did try it some months back but couldn't get it to root. But after I upgraded to 2.3.3, I have been able to root now.

First thing - logged into SuperUser and uninstalled those lousy apps like Newspaper, Vaccination and worst of the lot - Bollywoodji.

Now, I've started hunting and researching on a good ROM. I am looking for something minimalistic with good battery life. Oxygen? Cyanogen?
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:46   #7844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Woooohoooo! Finally rooted my LG P500 using Gingerbreak. I did try it some months back but couldn't get it to root. But after I upgraded to 2.3.3, I have been able to root now.

First thing - logged into SuperUser and uninstalled those lousy apps like Newspaper, Vaccination and worst of the lot - Bollywoodji.

Now, I've started hunting and researching on a good ROM. I am looking for something minimalistic with good battery life. Oxygen? Cyanogen?
welcome to a next stage of the droid world.
Oxygen is good Rom have been running it for a month now with more than a days battery life with Edge on all the time
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:57   #7845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post

Stay with the stock rom for a few weeks and then jump directly into ICS. i dont see the point of going for a custom gingerbread build anymore .
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed