Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 15:20   #8566
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I am also no guru.. nowhere near that just learning things from xda and similar forums, and trying them out!

Has anyone tried the V6 Supercharger script from xda on your GB or ICS ROMs? If yes, please post experiences.. I am not sure whether that's a generic script or specific one for some models. In ICS, you need to replace the superuser binary and another file services.jar in order to get this work fully. In GB, its relatively easier to run.

I tried this script on my SGS2 GB with checkrom, but was not happy. HS started freezing, smoothness was all gone, even after reverting back some side effects can still be felt. There may be many who have given it a thumps up but I have checked with few very senior developers and they also felt the same as me.
Old 12th April 2012, 15:35   #8567
BHPian

Quote:
I am also no guru.. nowhere near that just learning things from xda and similar forums, and trying them out!

Has anyone tried the V6 Supercharger script from xda on your GB or ICS ROMs? If yes, please post experiences.. I am not sure whether that's a generic script or specific one for some models. In ICS, you need to replace the superuser binary and another file services.jar in order to get this work fully. In GB, its relatively easier to run.
I had used the Supercharger V6 script on GB. May be because am not a hard core gamer or so, I didn't felt much change in performance. Indeed, the home application seems to be running better (or was it just an illusion?)
Old 12th April 2012, 15:56   #8568
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
On another note, I bought a Defy+ in the last week of march this year and within 2-3 days the screen started to shiver and scroll up and down on its own randomly.
Was this while charging? I had the same problem while charging.

I switched to iPod charger and the problem went away. The problem was with the Motorola charger.
Old 12th April 2012, 16:01   #8569
Senior - BHPian

^^ This charger thing happened to me as well with my Ace. I noticed this when i used chargers kept at public places like airports, railway stations. The touch screen gets automatic inputs and weird things happen. Its definitely a charger problem.
Old 12th April 2012, 16:10   #8570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
A question to guys who picked up Atrix 2 from India. Could you please confirm the model being sold here is 4G LTE enabled? Why I am asking is because, HTC One X which is released in India doesn't seem to be LTE enabled and only the dual core US model is having LTE HW. A bit concerned since India will be soon on 4G and Airtel started launching their 4G network. Prices seems to be comparable to 3G and at the claimed speed of 40Mbps on mobility, LTE seems to be a necessity rather than a nice-to-have feature
No phone sold in india has LTE. i own the Atrix 4G and it doesn't have LTE either. LTE phones are not sold outside of the USA for now (Australia might be an exception)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How is the HTC One V?? seems to me as a VFM handset and it comes with ICS. Going at around 17k INR is what i have heard.
Good reviews so far. snappy no-nonsense budget phone with an easy-to-use UI.
Old 12th April 2012, 16:30   #8571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
No phone sold in india has LTE. i own the Atrix 4G and it doesn't have LTE either. LTE phones are not sold outside of the USA for now (Australia might be an exception)Good reviews so far. snappy no-nonsense budget phone with an easy-to-use UI.
And the culprit seems to be Tegra 3 here for One X. They have specifically used a dual core on their US version. As per news, Nvidia will release their Tegra 4 with LTE compatibility in Q1 2013 only. Bad luck Lets see if they can do something to bring LTE support to Tegra 3. Then we can see some real quad core LTE phones.
Old 12th April 2012, 16:51   #8572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
I tried this script on my SGS2 GB with checkrom, but was not happy. HS started freezing, smoothness was all gone, even after reverting back some side effects can still be felt. There may be many who have given it a thumps up but I have checked with few very senior developers and they also felt the same as me.
Quote:
I had used the Supercharger V6 script on GB. May be because am not a hard core gamer or so, I didn't felt much change in performance. Indeed, the home application seems to be running better (or was it just an illusion?)
Thanks.. So it looks like it may not be worth it. I'm going back to GB! ICS in my phone is like Windows Vista. While running XP, one would like to upgrade to Vista but once done, will realize how fast XP was . I guess the best is yet to come, like Windows 7 - if you extrapolate this example. Android 5.0!
Old 12th April 2012, 16:57   #8573
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.. So it looks like it may not be worth it. I'm going back to GB! ICS in my phone is like Windows Vista. While running XP, one would like to upgrade to Vista but once done, will realize how fast XP was . I guess the best is yet to come, like Windows 7 - if you extrapolate this example. Android 5.0!
Optimism at its best I too tried couple of ICS roms, but not satisfied. In fact am now looking for a more polished GB ROM. But feel like everyone at XDA busy running around the ICS lady who seems not to deliver a healthy baby any time soon XP and Vista example was horrifying enough to get me back to those Vista days on my laptop.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:05   #8574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Was this while charging? I had the same problem while charging. I switched to iPod charger and the problem went away. The problem was with the Motorola charger.
Not with the charger connected. Strangely i thought it used to happen in the evenings, when the battery is below 30% so i recharged them batteries to full and in the morning, same issue. Wireless was not connected, battery was full, no unnecessary applications running in the background, phone restarted (by switch off and on and by yanking out the battery) yet the problem did not go.

Now with another post a page back regarding restart issues, i google'd and found tons of people facing the restart issue on this model.

I dont want to take a risk with the new phone (having the restart issue) and am leaning towards Samsung in the same price range. The only resolution for the restart issue apparently (as per xDA developers forum) was to change to an earlier version of some sim card. Sounds really corny to me.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:12   #8575
BHPian

Give ICS time. if anyone remembers CM7 was buggy as hell in the initial stages.ICS is lacking official drivers .once it gets them its way better than GB. Till it does i wouldn't recommend jumping over to the beta builds
Old 12th April 2012, 17:22   #8576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the culprit seems to be Tegra 3 here for One X. They have specifically used a dual core on their US version. As per news, Nvidia will release their Tegra 4 with LTE compatibility in Q1 2013 only. Bad luck Lets see if they can do something to bring LTE support to Tegra 3. Then we can see some real quad core LTE phones.
The Tegras and other chips have no relation to the radio technology. They are just application processors and GPUs.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:34   #8577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva

The Tegras and other chips have no relation to the radio technology. They are just application processors and GPUs.
Yes, they have. Currently Tegra 3 is not compatible with LTE chips I am quoting official Nvidia press releases. Just Google and you can find lot of resources on why HTC One X is dual core and not quad core in US.
Old 12th April 2012, 18:52   #8578
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to be (hopefully) getting the DOA letter from Motorola which will get me a replacement phone for my faulty defy+ (see previous posts on this thread for details on the issue).

Now some googling led me to phone restart/reboot issues in the Defy+ model so i am shying away from this and the dealer will hopefully let me pay a bit more and buy something else.

Checked up and in the same/near price range i found the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (jeez, another +) but display and loudspeaker is rated as average, so its out of the window (would end up shelling over 2k for this, over and above what i originally intended to spend).

I'd love to stay with Android, given the free apps, the customization, etc. (from the 3 days i had the phone with me). So what are my choices as an alternative to the Defy+? Please note that the phone cost me 14.2k and i am willing to spend a max of another 2k, not a penny more.

Was thinking of the Lumia 710 since it costs around the same but its a windows (there goes the android market). HTC's are good, i've heard, but their after sales service sucks.

So damn confused now that my college exams seemed a lot easier to tackle. Too many options are spoiling us bad

help guys.
Old 12th April 2012, 19:31   #8579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm going to be (hopefully) getting the DOA letter from Motorola which will get me a replacement phone for my faulty defy+ (see previous posts on this thread for details on the issue).

Now some googling led me to phone restart/reboot issues in the Defy+ model so i am shying away from this and the dealer will hopefully let me pay a bit more and buy something else.

Checked up and in the same/near price range i found the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (jeez, another +) but display and loudspeaker is rated as average, so its out of the window (would end up shelling over 2k for this, over and above what i originally intended to spend).

I'd love to stay with Android, given the free apps, the customization, etc. (from the 3 days i had the phone with me). So what are my choices as an alternative to the Defy+? Please note that the phone cost me 14.2k and i am willing to spend a max of another 2k, not a penny more.

Was thinking of the Lumia 710 since it costs around the same but its a windows (there goes the android market). HTC's are good, i've heard, but their after sales service sucks.

So damn confused now that my college exams seemed a lot easier to tackle. Too many options are spoiling us bad

help guys.

If you're willing to stick with android. Go for HTC. if you want to experiment with a windows phone,Its the samsung Omnia W. if you want apple,stores sell the 3gs for 16-17k
Old 12th April 2012, 19:41   #8580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
If you're willing to stick with android. Go for HTC. if you want to experiment with a windows phone,Its the samsung Omnia W. if you want apple,stores sell the 3gs for 16-17k
If you plan to go windows route, waiting for a little while for Lumia 900 might get you the 800 at a lower rate too, last I heard Lumia 800 was retailing for 22,500.

I think HRC radar also retails around 17K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks