Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 15:13   #8641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide
Am i a complete moron or is there really no STOP button in winamp/stock media player in android? (LGP500 w/Froyo).
If my eyes aren't playing tricks and that button is indeed missing, What technical wizardy is needed to provide that option, i wonder.

More importantly how do i STOP a song being played currently. Dont ask me to PAUSE it.
I have also never seen a stop button in winamp.
Old 16th April 2012, 15:18   #8642
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Am i a complete moron or is there really no STOP button in winamp/stock media player in android? (LGP500 w/Froyo).
If my eyes aren't playing tricks and that button is indeed missing, What technical wizardy is needed to provide that option, i wonder.

More importantly how do i STOP a song being played currently. Dont ask me to PAUSE it.
A pause is equivalant to stop in software terms. I have also not seen a stop button in ipod which I saw recently. I normally use pause for stop, and if you really want to exit the application then i use task manager and exit. Is there a better way to exit and stop in winamp? Me too looking for it for quite some time.
Scorpio_Fan
Old 16th April 2012, 15:23   #8643
BHPian

My Wife's 3 year old Sony Ericsson w595 has given up the ghost. Most keys on the phone have stopped working. I am now looking out for a new phone. The criteria is to be able to make video calls through 3G network. Can some of the gurus here suggest some good options?
Old 16th April 2012, 15:29   #8644
Distinguished - BHPian

There is no setting under the wireless options to disable this. Yes it happens with use of data connection. And from what I could understand reading google is that BB users aslo face similar problems.

Converting to other plans is last resort option.
Old 16th April 2012, 15:46   #8645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
My Wife's 3 year old Sony Ericsson w595 has given up the ghost. Most keys on the phone have stopped working. I am now looking out for a new phone. The criteria is to be able to make video calls through 3G network. Can some of the gurus here suggest some good options?
All Nokia smartphones with front cam can do video calls.
If in android, all Samsung Galaxies with a front cam can do video calls over 3G.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:26   #8646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
A pause is equivalant to stop in software terms.
It may be, but it is not same as Stop in usability terms. Stop should stop playback and seek to the beginning of file. Pause just pauses the playback and stays there.

Last edited by clevermax : 16th April 2012 at 16:28.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:47   #8647
Senior - BHPian

What are the must-have apps/games for someone with a Galaxy Tab? Its performed exceptionally well for any/every game & app that I've downloaded till now but I'd like some suggestions considering I've got a really big screen coupled with a great processor, you know some games/apps that really let me enjoy this fine piece.
Old 16th April 2012, 17:16   #8648
BHPian

Is this a good time to pick up a Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100??
Old 16th April 2012, 17:42   #8649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
My Wife's 3 year old Sony Ericsson w595 has given up the ghost. Most keys on the phone have stopped working.
If you don't want to throw away the Walkman phone, I guess the keys have stopped working because the flex cable inside the slider has got cut. I had replaced it for 750/- from the authorized service center for my W705.
Old 16th April 2012, 19:28   #8650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev
There is no setting under the wireless options to disable this. Yes it happens with use of data connection. And from what I could understand reading google is that BB users aslo face similar problems.

Converting to other plans is last resort option.
What I meant to say was, in my case the pop up comes only when I DISABLE the data connection manually. So in a say it may come only once it twice depending when I turn it off. I usually don't keep data enables during night.

I can't find the option to disable the notification in my GB from as well.
Old 17th April 2012, 00:57   #8651
Senior - BHPian

Found this news on SGSIII. The release was to happen on 22nd May is know 3rd May. Looks like soon there will be battle of Quadcore phones.

Samsung issues official Galaxy S III invite | Mobile - CNET News

Last edited by Invinsible : 17th April 2012 at 01:02.
Old 17th April 2012, 03:21   #8652
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sony Neo V - Review & Impressions after 1.5 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Here is a quick review of my 1.5 month old Sony Neo V. Hopefully it will help someone make a decision about this phone.
Did you get a factory sealed box? Any idea where it has been imported from? Any issues with the WiFi sensitivity... like do you loose signals in adjoining rooms? Considering buying something with dealer warranty but don't know safe such a purchase is going to be...

Can anybody comment on the camera of the Neo V and Ray? Which one is better? Not concerned about the Pixels (in which case Ray wins with its 8 MP)... more concerned about picture quality. Also does the Exmor sensor in Ray really make a difference?

Last edited by Raccoon : 17th April 2012 at 03:36.
Old 17th April 2012, 06:37   #8653
KRN
BHPian

Re: Sony Neo V - Review & Impressions after 1.5 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Did you get a factory sealed box? Any idea where it has been imported from? Any issues with the WiFi sensitivity... like do you loose signals in adjoining rooms? Considering buying something with dealer warranty but don't know safe such a purchase is going to be...
Honestly, I don't remember whether the box was sealed, but when I spoke to the ebay seller before purchase he mentioned that they unlock the phones (and so have to open the box). However, I do remember that the content of the box looked factory packed (i.e. no sign of anyone having opened any of the items earlier). There are no indications of where the phone is imported from either.

I was ready to go with dealer warranty because in the case of the Neo V there was a huge difference between prices (13.9k ebay versus 17.5k retail).
Old 17th April 2012, 08:39   #8654
BHPian

For those of you who can't find stocks of i9100 since the market is flooded with i9100G, check out Reliance Digital in your city. They are selling the i9100 for 28,xxx.
Old 17th April 2012, 08:41   #8655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Is this a good time to pick up a Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100??
Perhaps this post (below) answers your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Found this news on SGSIII. The release was to happen on 22nd May is know 3rd May. Looks like soon there will be battle of Quadcore phones.

Samsung issues official Galaxy S III invite | Mobile - CNET News
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-samsung_001.jpg

Most Viewed