Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 19:28   #8671
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Attachment 917005

Lot of my friends who have the Nexus/One X have ICS freezing issues as well as banding as mentioned here in this thread. Have never waited this long before buying a phone, taking my time still before taking the plunge. Hope i decide soon.
There is a patch available on XDA forum if the device is rooted it works resolving banding issue. I am running one of Custom rom from AOKP and the other is stock rooted both with the patch and it works perfect. No issues what so ever.
Old 18th April 2012, 14:28   #8672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I don't think this is going to happen Luckily though all of my video calling peers have switched to androids so, I use skype now
Thats too bad. I was hoping they would provide it.
Old 18th April 2012, 20:16   #8673
BHPian

All HTC one x perspective thinkers, here's my battery screenshot. I think its good, what do you say?

Name:  ForumRunner_20120418_201629.png
Views: 628
Size:  80.2 KB
Old 18th April 2012, 20:17   #8674
BHPian

Hey guys,

I'm in a bit of a muddle right now, I'm really confused.

I'm in the market for a new phone and really would like an Android. But is there any free app that provides voice guided turn by turn satnav? I just love that feature of Nokia's Symbian ( and Windows Phone ) phones. Since I don't have a GPS in my car this is almost a must have feature.

Other than that I really do like Droids.
Old 18th April 2012, 22:50   #8675
BHPian

Here is my Galaxy R battery consumption. Full time 3g on but no browsing or downloads. I used only pdf to read a book.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120418_224935.png
Views: 720
Size:  60.1 KB

Very impressed by the battery life.
Old 18th April 2012, 23:06   #8676
BHPian

Upgraded to CyanogenMod9 nightly build, after trying out many Samsung stock ROM's and was on Darkys a week back. This is an amazing ICS build, very fast and responsive. Had minimal force closes as well. Kudos to the CM team for bringing out such an amazing ROM for the I-9000.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120418_225918.png
Views: 717
Size:  64.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120418_230051.png
Views: 714
Size:  45.7 KB
Old 19th April 2012, 08:06   #8677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
Here is my Galaxy R battery consumption. Full time 3g on but no browsing or downloads. I used only pdf to read a book.

Attachment 917508

Very impressed by the battery life.
Mine too is given about that much only.Initially it was bad.Only about 12 hours battery would last.Now its lasting nearly 26 hours so very happy
Old 19th April 2012, 14:37   #8678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Upgraded to CyanogenMod9 nightly build, after trying out many Samsung stock ROM's and was on Darkys a week back. This is an amazing ICS build, very fast and responsive. Had minimal force closes as well. Kudos to the CM team for bringing out such an amazing ROM for the I-9000.

Attachment 917510

Attachment 917519
I am using 12th april nightly and i must say best ICS ROM i hav tried. ampke battery life, buttery smooth UI and great performance. If i may add, i flashed the devil big memory kernel on top of it 0.67 nad it gave me 401 MB of RAM. 61 MB improvement! Although it broke 720p playback and recording but there is also a mod by F4k by flashing which u can get back 720p playback and recording.
Attached Images

Old 19th April 2012, 16:00   #8679
Senior - BHPian

Finally on Tuesday i heaved a massive sigh of relief. My DOA (Dead On Arrival) approval for the motorola defy+ came through. Had called the service center everyday and asked them to expedite the approval. What a disappointing experience. Had waited 2 whole working weeks for this approval which normally takes 3-7 working days.

For those who want to know the background, please search for my posts on this thread.

So anyway, picked up the DOA approval letter on Tue. Did not want to have anything more to do with Motorola since i had posted on their fb page and on many other forums including on moto forums, lodged complaints with their customer care, etc. and had not received any response. So said to hell with Moto and went two buildings away to the Univercell showroom in Jayanagar (i originally bought my defy+ at their Mantri Mall outlet).

I was told by the Moto service center that i can only get a Defy+ as replacement and if i want anything else (even if i had to pay more for another handset) it was at the dealers discretion and normally they don't oblige.

But luck was in store for me. This particular Univercell had no Defy+ in stock so asked for a Samsung in the same price range. Gave them the DOA approval letter and a copy of my bill and picked up the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (yeah, another plus). The phone is bigger than the moto defy+ and thinner too.

Small things that are missing on this phone compared to the defy+ are gorilla glass and water/dust/shock resistance. Can't think of anything else as of now. Hope my choice was good as i intend to keep this phone for at least 3 yrs.

P.S. Someone had mentioned earlier on this thread that his phone was denied a replacement as the talk time had exceeded 30 mins on his phone. Someone had also quoted this post as ridiculous.

Ridiculous yes, see for yourselves (couldn't locate the posts, so please bear with me).

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20120419-15.10.45.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20120419-15.11.13.jpg
Old 19th April 2012, 16:31   #8680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
......... and picked up the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (yeah, another plus).
Congrats on the new purchase
Regarding differences, I can add one more 320x480 display instead of 800x480 of Defy+

Note from support - Kindly avoid quoting an entire large post as it inconveniences our mobile/small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th April 2012 at 16:46. Reason: quoted text shortened
Old 19th April 2012, 16:50   #8681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Congrats on the new purchase
Regarding differences, I can add one more 320x480 display instead of 800x480 of Defy+
Thank you sir.

Yes, the dpi is a lot lesser but looks fine to me. The reviews i read mentioned that text edges appear jagged etc, but i have zoomed the screen size and did not find any jaggedness. Also my moto defy+ was with me for only 5 days so its too short for me to compare the differences in dpi between both these phones. Hardly got accustomed to it, so don't really miss the defy+ except for the robust build quality one can feel on the phone.

Camera quality is better than the defy+ if i may say so. Pics look well focused and images dont appear dull.

Edit - this phone, the samsung galaxy ace+ has an accelerometer right? Reason i am asking is because on one of the games i could steer by tilting the phone but on this i see a joystick on the screen.

Oh yeah, i got a free Samsung Bluetooth Headset with this phone. The box has this information printed on it so anyone buying this phone, please demand the handsfree headset and dont take the dealers excuse such as till stocks last and now no stocks available, etc.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th April 2012 at 16:55.
Old 19th April 2012, 16:52   #8682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Camera quality is better than the defy+ if i may say so. Pics look well focused and images dont appear dull.
Yes, camera is better in ace plus. I have tried it. Def/Defy+ got one of the worst camera in that range IMO
Old 19th April 2012, 21:24   #8683
Senior - BHPian

^^^Cam is perhaps the only Achilles's heel on the Defy. In every other way it seems better than the Ace.
Old 20th April 2012, 00:19   #8684
BHPian

Please suggest me a Android phone in the Rs. 10,000 - 15,000 which has good camera, battery life and can have unlimited contacts. Thanks in advance
Old 20th April 2012, 00:25   #8685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
For folks considering the SG Note, currently there is an offer on it. Here are the details:

Galaxy Note Offer

Attachment 917005
Got a galaxy note for my dad this week and got this offer.

After the purchase you enrol for the free gift online. You get to choose between 3 kinds of Sennheiser headphones, and the same will be shipped after 2 weeks!

I chose these http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...dphones_504761

Last edited by AbhiJ : 20th April 2012 at 00:27.

Most Viewed