Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 15:53   #9601
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

My defy+ problem: it is sometimes unresponsive when charging. I first noticed this on a train, where I found it would not work at all when being charged: unplug, and everything fine again.

Oh! Believe it or not I only just noticed this in your post

Quote:
One more thing i have noticed is; when my phone is plugged into the wall mount charger the screen again starts lagging. I tried with another charger too ( my dad's Lumia 710 charger) and the problem was still there.
I did have one application that slowed it down, I forget which. It wasn't important, I just removed it. Task manager is useful for seeing if something is using cpu, even when it should be doing nothing.

The motoblur site is offering me an upgrade. A minor one, I think. Should I? I don't believe in upgrades for the sake of it when something is working anyway.

Do I have to unroot the phone before a Motorola upgrade?

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 11th June 2012 at 15:58.
Old 11th June 2012, 16:04   #9602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
S3 users, do we need to get our regular SIM cut to micro SIM?
Does Airtel provide a micro SIM against returning the regular one?
Yes, I believe every service provider gives micro SIM. Also, I think they have a cutter which converts the regular sim to micro sim, or you might have to get a new one.
Old 11th June 2012, 16:37   #9603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My defy+ problem: it is sometimes unresponsive when charging. I first noticed this on a train, where I found it would not work at all when being charged: unplug, and everything fine again.

Oh! Believe it or not I only just noticed this in your post

This issue is with almost all mobiles. I faced same issues while charging my S1 & S2. Wrill surely observe with S3 when i travel by train, but i guess this is something to do with voltage supply on trains and touch screen. Normal phones without touchscreen do not have this issue.
Old 11th June 2012, 16:54   #9604
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, so nothing to worry about then, just something to be lived with. My expectation was that a device should work better when on mains power. So much for expectations!
Old 11th June 2012, 17:15   #9605
BHPian

Quote:
If Your SIM is not older than 4 years, cutting it into a Micro SIM works. Mine was 5+ years old and couldnt be cut, since the circuit seemed bigger than new-age SIMs.

It took about 30 mins at the Vodafone store to get a Micro SIM.
Old 11th June 2012, 17:57   #9606
BHPian

Quote:
Cutting may or may not work, in my case it did not. So go to the Airtel store and get a new Micro SIM which is the better option. They will give it on the spot based on your identity proof.
Old 11th June 2012, 18:08   #9607
BHPian

My Galaxy note battery usage screen shot. I keep the wi fi on while sleeping at night. 3G is used as and when required. Play few games, browsing on Chrome and team bhp app. The small black strips in power usage was when i had to switch off my mobile due to a VOIP call. Sometimes get that irritating gurr gurr sound when phone is near.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120611_180626.png
Views: 521
Size:  57.8 KB

I think this is good enough.
Old 11th June 2012, 21:05   #9608
BHPian

Put the atrix up for sale in the classifieds, time to go quad-core :
Old 11th June 2012, 21:15   #9609
Senior - BHPian

Does have this peculiar issue of battery draining super fast if the ambient temperature is 44 / 46 deg C?

I have this problem during travel and while at work and hence the silly question

The same battery extends multiple times if the ambient temperature is around 20 to 30 deg C
Old 11th June 2012, 21:51   #9610
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Is it problem for you to just hit upgrade. There is OTA for wildfire S. Just moves most UI to sens 2.5 and some ginger bread update. For the sake of s-off I did the update!
S-off on Wildfire S. How did you manage that. I did not find it on revolutionary.io so had to be happy with bootloader unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Delete all contacts on gmail and then import vcard contacts and then sync then with gmail.
This is what I did, except I cleaned out gmail contacts and then tried to sync. Will try and upload the vcard now and repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thanks, that worked. Yesterday when I tried it, it only updated some minor thing. Today it offered a full upgrade to 2.13.720.1 version. I guess now it is ready for the RUU.
What is the scenario with Bootloader Unlocked? We had been advised not to use OTA. Also, Bootloader Unlocked does not allow zip to be run. Is it that I download the RUU and then run it with CWM Recovery, or have to use fastbook to flash it.
Old 12th June 2012, 09:53   #9611
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally after years and years of BB world, I stepped out to explore Android. Here are some pics of my phone. A small size comparison with my old phones.

The battery meter shows when used with few hours of Wifi, games and very few calls. Before charging the phone, downloaded many apps which drained the battery fast. Not expecting the battery performance as seen in my BB phones but completely satisfied with my choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20120612-09.39.07.png  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo0261.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo0262.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo0263.jpg  

Old 12th June 2012, 10:32   #9612
Senior - BHPian

Xperia Ray with ICS 4.0.4 rocks!

Battery holds little more than GB and ICS 4.0.3.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20120611170648.png

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 12th June 2012, 10:47   #9613
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
What is the scenario with Bootloader Unlocked? We had been advised not to use OTA. Also, Bootloader Unlocked does not allow zip to be run. Is it that I download the RUU and then run it with CWM Recovery, or have to use fastbook to flash it.
Oh, once the bootloader was unlocked, I quickly rooted it, installed recovery clockwork 5.0.2.8 and slapped CM 7.2 RC1 on it.
Old 12th June 2012, 11:02   #9614
BHPian

Quote:
S-off on Wildfire S. How did you manage that. I did not find it on revolutionary.io so had to be happy with bootloader unlocked.
Sir,
After rent less pestering by online community; HTC finally gave in and made unlocked bootloader for many HTC devices (of course with rider that your warranty is void. They store your phone IMEI number!).

Here is a step by step guide how you can do it.
[TUTORIAL][S-ON] Unlock Bootloader using HTCDEV.com - xda-developers

Once you S-Off, you may also want to install root, cwm & CM7.

[TUT][NOOBS] Step by Step guide to installing CM7 - xda-developers

Quote:
As stated above HTC themself unlocked the bootloader, so you have a guide in above link. You need to create a account with HTCDev. Get a RUU, and run in recovery (stock recovery). This will S-OFF. Once done follow process for root, CWM and whichever ROM you want to!

The great adavantage with half cooked CM7 is that Wildfire S now give 3 day battery life without any data connectivity as against 8 hours earlier!
Old 12th June 2012, 12:46   #9615
BANNED

@RaguHolla; S-off and Unlocked Bootloader are NOT the same thing, even though functionally they appear very similar. S-off is supposedly more advanced that Unlcok Bootloader. At the moment I have my Incredible 2 with S-off (now Unlock bootloader is also available for it), and Wildfire S with bootloader done.

Now for example, to load ICS on the Incredible, I have to revert to Froyo, restore S-on, then up to GB, unlock bootloader, root, and then install either the CM9 or China Telecom versions of ICS! A real pain.

@samurai; CWM is still listing 5.0.2.0 as the Current ROM manager for the Dinc2 while CM9 and China Telecom demand 20.0.5.8. I have downloaded the 5.0.2.8 for the Wildfire and will update shortly, thsnks.

Last edited by sgiitk : 12th June 2012 at 12:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks