Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2012, 10:25   #9676
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

People using custom ROMS on their SGSII, can someone tell me a stable ROM they are currently using. Have been off XDA Developers for sometime and don't have the energy to go through the million posts on the million ROMS. I am currently on Lite'ning 3.1. Having some reboot issues with it hence need a change.
Old 15th June 2012, 10:37   #9677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
People using custom ROMS on their SGSII, can someone tell me a stable ROM they are currently using. Have been off XDA Developers for sometime and don't have the energy to go through the million posts on the million ROMS. I am currently on Lite'ning 3.1. Having some reboot issues with it hence need a change.

I have just upgraded my phone to SGS3 and before this was using SGS2 since its launch. Without a single doubt I will vouch for Checkrom V6 as one of the most stable and fast rom. I am desperately awaiting a checkrom for my sgs3 also. Dev is very supportive and i guess you will not need any support because it hardly troubles you.

I am sharing the link for your reference.

CheckROM
Old 15th June 2012, 10:53   #9678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
I have just upgraded my phone to SGS3 and before this was using SGS2 since its launch. Without a single doubt I will vouch for Checkrom V6 as one of the most stable and fast rom. I am desperately awaiting a checkrom for my sgs3 also. Dev is very supportive and i guess you will not need any support because it hardly troubles you.

I am sharing the link for your reference.

CheckROM
Thanks for that, however I was looking for a stable ICS ROM, wouldn't ideally want to revert back to GB. Been having issues with Lite'ning since their ICS ROMS came out.

Are you on stock android on ur S3?
Old 15th June 2012, 10:57   #9679
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that, however I was looking for a stable ICS ROM, wouldn't ideally want to revert back to GB. Been having issues with Lite'ning since their ICS ROMS came out.

Are you on stock android on ur S3?

Yes I have just rooted my SGS3 but I am still on stock rom. Waiting for Checkrom to come out with a SGS3 rom.

You can also try Omega for SGS2 ICS rom.
Old 15th June 2012, 13:29   #9680
BHPian

OK guys,

I am on the verge of buying the HTC One X. I liked the prospect of a better screen than the SGS3 on the one x.

But I have heard of a few hardware related issues on the HTC One X. Does anyone here have this handset and is this device recommended?

Also, what street price I should expect this device for?
Old 15th June 2012, 13:43   #9681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
OK guys,

I am on the verge of buying the HTC One X. I liked the prospect of a better screen than the SGS3 on the one x.

But I have heard of a few hardware related issues on the HTC One X. Does anyone here have this handset and is this device recommended?

Sids,

I don't own or use either of the above mentioned phones. But quite a few friends have either of the 2 & also today morning i came across a review of HTC ONE S. I assume that also is a pretty well speced phone unless quad core processor is your primary requirement. its a 1.7GHz Dual Core.

The prices for ONE X are in range of 34500 to 37000. Varying across cities and shops.
Old 15th June 2012, 15:52   #9682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
OK guys,

The HOX is a pretty good phone. I was one of the early owners of the phone; i believe Anmol Bedi was the first on the forum.

I've had the phone since early April and have had absolutely no Hardware issues. There was an initial software glitch where the calender widget used to crash the Sense UI but thats been resolved with updates. Apart from that, nothing has been a problem.

And it lasts me about 24 hours with 50-55 percent screen usage. Given that im still in the honeymoon period, im sure i can push that up in about a month or so.

I bought it in early April for 36500 from Powai, Bbay. My friend is buying it from Homeshop 18 today for about 31K, though I think thats with some discount coupons. mysmartprice puts the best price currently at 33899 from buy the price.
Old 15th June 2012, 18:58   #9683
BHPian

HOX is no doubt a good device but I would still prefer SGS3. People tell me that display of HOX is better. I cannot seem to understand why people say so. I have looked at the display of both and I found SGS3 to be much better. It much more colourful and saturated which in my books is a good screen. Of course if one is price sensitive HOX is cheaper and would be the preferred choice buy if some one has the money he/she should definately go for SGS 3.
Old 15th June 2012, 19:24   #9684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04
Recently my Galaxy S i9000 had the misfortune of getting wet , and since then the Home Key doesn't work at all. The phone functions normally , which is indeed a relief.

So i took the phone to the nearest service center , and after diagnosis , the technician finalizes that the display piece has to be changed entirely , as the home key is part of it. That would burn about 6k of my money.

So i have taken back the phone , and i guess i would have to live without my Home Key

Anyone here been through this ordeal, and any other workarounds.

To replace the home key, i've found an app which does the job pretty decent - Button Savior .
Hi.
Similar kind of issue was faced by one of the member here for his galaxy SL. He was also adviced by samsung sc to replace the whole screen for 6k. So instead he installed one app which allows to use the shortcut/menu keys on the screen itself. Sorry for not being too specific but instead of going fir a replace, try to search for that, 10-20 pages back.

BTW, its strange that samsung is quoting price for both the super LCD & Super AMOLED screen is same? 6k for both? Isnt Amoled supposed to be costlier?
Old 15th June 2012, 19:37   #9685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911
OK guys,

Yes HOX is a great device and definetly has a better and brighter screen with natural colors than SGS3. The sgs3 screen is pretty dull and colours are oversaturated in comparison. Also it looks more premium than sgs3 which looks like an over-sized cheap samsung wave y :P. i havent heard about any hardware issues but i have heard of some software ones. But all those are resolved now with the latest update. I too am looking forward to buying the HOX. Just waiting for more price cut.

Also you can get HOX the cheapest at timtara. They have a coupon code offer going on which cuts the price to around Rs.32,650.

Last edited by ethan3686 : 15th June 2012 at 19:40.
Old 15th June 2012, 21:41   #9686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac

Hi.
Similar kind of issue was faced by one of the member here for his galaxy SL. He was also adviced by samsung sc to replace the whole screen for 6k. So instead he installed one app which allows to use the shortcut/menu keys on the screen itself. Sorry for not being too specific but instead of going fir a replace, try to search for that, 10-20 pages back.

BTW, its strange that samsung is quoting price for both the super LCD & Super AMOLED screen is same? 6k for both? Isnt Amoled supposed to be costlier?
I have identified an app that does the home key job, it's called Button Savior. Liked it, and bought the pro version itself.

You are right, how can Super LCD be the same price as Amoled. Weird..
Old 15th June 2012, 23:05   #9687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac

Hi.

Team
I have upgraded to ics, i now have all the keys on the screen. I didn't replace the screen.
Old 15th June 2012, 23:40   #9688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try SLIMICS from slimroms.com

Brilliant performance.... and very reliable on my SGS 2.
Old 16th June 2012, 01:18   #9689
Distinguished - BHPian

Never thought I'd see this happen - the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx is now the #1 handset @ Verizon having displaced the iPhone 4s in Q1 CY 2012. Of course the IP will top the list once the IP5 supposedly with an LTE radio is released in a few months

Incidentally the Razr Maxx is being launched in India @ 32K on 24th June.

Verizon users just got a text message to alert them of the update coming shortly. And I am still waiting for my @#&$!! ICS update. Comon already Moto!! This is what really gets me all roiled up about Android - ROM releases are just delayed inordinately. And here I am getting ready for IOS6 on my 4s while Moto sits and twiddles its thumbs on the ICS release date.

So hopefully in the next 15 days I should be able to put the Razr's 2nd CPU core to good use. And by that time Jelly Bean will be out.
Old 16th June 2012, 07:29   #9690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Incidentally the Razr Maxx is being launched in India @ 32K on 24th June.
What is the source for this news ? Would it come with ICS out of the box ?

I am almost fixed on Galaxy Note.

Most Viewed