Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:42   #9796
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Same case. It seems no matter which VNC server, the image gets drawn slowly in the PC sometimes.
Thanks again.

I tried it out. However it seems to be better than the previous one. Or may be to think so
Old 22nd June 2012, 18:53   #9797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I press back button and confirm the App exit. It never comes back until I run it again.

Now if you really want to 'Control' your Android from PC, try a VNC server app in the phone, and simply use VNC viewer in the PC. It works like a remote desktop session. Root access is required by any VNC server app.
Attachment 944898
Back button does not get rid of it from RAM in my case. And as I mentioned, killing it brings it back after sometime. Where/how are you checking?
Old 22nd June 2012, 20:03   #9798
BHPian

Guys I have rooted my Optimus One Android version 2.2.2 using Gingerbreak. But now I dont know which Custom ROM will be best for my phone. I mean are Custom ROM's made according to Android version or according to model. Guys please help me. Thanks a lot.
Old 22nd June 2012, 20:22   #9799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie
Guys I have rooted my Optimus One Android version 2.2.2 using Gingerbreak. But now I dont know which Custom ROM will be best for my phone. I mean are Custom ROM's made according to Android version or according to model. Guys please help me. Thanks a lot.
Just go to xda forums for the optimus one.
Now your actual fun begins.

Custom roms are made for specific models, and versions too.
Old 22nd June 2012, 21:01   #9800
BHPian

That is the real problem. On xda forums the version is not specified.
Old 22nd June 2012, 21:06   #9801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Back button does not get rid of it from RAM in my case. And as I mentioned, killing it brings it back after sometime. Where/how are you checking?
Oh! Sorry... now I see mine is doing exactly that. That is pretty weird, and rather bad, behaviour: I wonder how it gets away with it!
Old 22nd June 2012, 21:27   #9802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Oh! Sorry... now I see mine is doing exactly that. That is pretty weird, and rather bad, behaviour: I wonder how it gets away with it!
It never comes back after I exit. I didn't check whether it is running in the background or not, but haven't noticed any indication of it running. So no problem in my case!
Old 22nd June 2012, 21:35   #9803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie
That is the real problem. On xda forums the version is not specified.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=836

not here?
Old 22nd June 2012, 22:45   #9804
Senior - BHPian

Team,
Note @ Rs 30,000 without the flip cover, at a local store here.
Should I bite the bullet ?
Old 23rd June 2012, 00:18   #9805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Yeah, it is a MAJOR drawback of having it on your phone. I wrote to the dev. I suggest you write to them too - support at airdroid dot com or thru Twitter or at least put in a comment and rating.

Quote:
It never comes back after I exit. I didn't check whether it is running in the background or not, but haven't noticed any indication of it running. So no problem in my case!
If you haven't checked if its running in the background, how do you know its not coming back? It is! Its sitting there doing nothing (I hope... or worse - is it up to something no good?) and taking up precious RAM.
Old 23rd June 2012, 01:00   #9806
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

All those waiting for nexus devices. I think we may soon be getting official google nexus in India. Today i just ended up on nexus site and saw India on the list with "register me" button and also "coming soon" mentioned at the bottom of the page.

Source :Galaxy Nexus
Old 23rd June 2012, 06:59   #9807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l
Guys,

All those waiting for nexus devices. I think we may soon be getting official google nexus in India. Today i just ended up on nexus site and saw India on the list with "register me" button and also "coming soon" mentioned at the bottom of the page.

Source :Galaxy Nexus
It says, the form you are trying to access had either expired or reached it's maximum limit.

What is the expected price in India ?
Old 23rd June 2012, 08:38   #9808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't use a task killer. Now I don't even check whether an app is running the background or not. I don't know how you guys noticed that it is coming back - is it showing up the UI or in the notification? In my case, after I exit, it never shows up. If it is just a live process in the processes list and as long as it doesn't interfere with what I am doing on the phone, I really don't care - the garbage collecting mechanism will eventually kill it after sometime.

Basically, after I exit that app, it is never seen until I run it again. So that's good with me..
Old 23rd June 2012, 09:37   #9809
Distinguished - BHPian

One all in one toolbox I use to check applications is zdbox. This is quite useful to track the applications running besides many other things.
Regards
Behemoth
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:03   #9810
BHPian

HTC has unveiled 3 new models in our market. HTC One S, HTC Desire C and Desire V (dual sim).

Good news is that all 3 run on ICS and Sense4.0.

But the glitch is they're overpriced and/or have poorer specs when compared to the international versions (overclocked 1.7 S3 processor in India vs 1.5 S4 in the international version in One S).

Battery also seem to be on the lower side and ICS is know to drain it off. I think its better to wait for 3-4 months before the prices come down and settle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks