Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2012, 07:17   #10201
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

^^

I think the V6 supercharger is best to use when we run the script and change the memory settings manually.

The automatic ones cause FC or lags in certain situations and one wonders whether the problem is with the ROM or the settings

Temple run for instance is a wonderful game without any FCs or Lags once I tweaked my V6 settings. It is faster than my niece's iPod touch!
Old 21st July 2012, 10:47   #10202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec

I found the 14'th one much better, the issue with full HWA is that it causes few apps not optimized for that to behave funnily. The 14'th one has a HWA selector app which allows the user to choose which app to run in HWA mode. Having said that, its a better idea to let the phone as is since you wife's using it. You cannot fully trust these nightlys,they can behave differently on different phones(red/green lense and what not). Even I am waiting for the V6 integrated rom
I flashed 16th july nightly from Quarx. I guess it also has full HWA enabled but no HWA selector app pre installed nor any v6 supercharger script. My red lens Defy is not any faster than GB ROMs. Not sure if I can continue with ICS or switch back to WhitRabbit or some faster GB ROM till JB is fully out.

I can't install hand sent sms & the stock one does not have option to select multiple recipients t one go. I miss that bad.
Also there are random lags.

Is eppy's 14th July nightly better than quarx 16th one?
Old 21st July 2012, 13:53   #10203
Senior - BHPian

This thread has got hijacked by Defy owners..
Well, good to see that overall 4.x is better than 2.3
4.1.1 progress has been phenomenal:
Latest status from Quarx:
[COLOR=Blue]12.07[/COLOR]: Boot up
[COLOR=Blue]14.07[/COLOR]: Phone, Mobile Data, USB, Mass storage, Sensors, Camera(Photo), GPS/AGPS. [COLOR=Red]Note: In this build removed audio libs to prevent random crashes.[/COLOR] Defy build will be uploaded to.
[COLOR=Blue]18.07[/COLOR]: Audio (thanks to maniac103), Video rec/play, Panorama, FM-Radio. Magnet links: Defy Defy+
[COLOR=Blue]19.07[/COLOR]: Install app to sdcard, mp3 codec, video codec fixes, rework fm-radio, cyan update. Magnet: Defy
[COLOR=Blue]20.07[/COLOR]: Stability fixes, Power Widget, 1% battery. Magnet: Defy

Temporary fix for hangs Phone App and black screen while playing mp3.
Settings - Sound - Uncheck "Touch Sounds" and "Screen lock sound"

[COLOR=Blue]Done:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]TODO:[/COLOR] Fix incall screen, tethering
Old 21st July 2012, 13:57   #10204
Senior - BHPian

@S_U_N

I agree with you.

Also, i tried the CM10 4.1.1 but than moved back to CM9 due to some on going issues. I guess its worth the wait. Even the CM9 built of 10/07 is working flawless on my defy+ and so far i have not had any issues. Most of the things that i use on daily basis are working just fine and the battery life is incredible. i am easily getting 1.5 days on this.

I shall let another week go before i go ahead with CM10. May be by than it will all be smooth and stable.

Regards,
Old 21st July 2012, 16:55   #10205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
This thread has got hijacked by Defy owners..
ROFL: There aint a better phone buddy

On a serious note, If I wish to upgrade from the Defy, what are my options?

I need rugged build, waterproof and 10+ hours battery life.

How is the Galaxy Note? [I know that it is not waterproof]

Cheers
Old 21st July 2012, 17:02   #10206
Distinguished - BHPian

Bought Defy XT last month, it has been performing flawlessly and i am loving it. The other Android i have owned is Galaxy S.
Old 21st July 2012, 17:12   #10207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers

ROFL: There aint a better phone buddy

On a serious note, If I wish to upgrade from the Defy, what are my options?

I need rugged build, waterproof and 10+ hours battery life.

How is the Galaxy Note?

Cheers
If you want to upgrade from defy the next logical upgrade would be defy xt; it has the same built quality of defy & decent processor, front facing camera etc. and most important; unbrickable device. Thanks to xda.

On the other hand you should look at Xperia go. Its got a rough and tough built quality with a 1GHz dual core and various other goodies.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 21st July 2012 at 17:13.
Old 21st July 2012, 18:59   #10208
BHPian

Today I moved to jelly bean on my nexus.
Old 21st July 2012, 20:29   #10209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
If you want to upgrade from defy the next logical upgrade would be defy xt; it has the same built quality of defy & decent processor, front facing camera etc. and most important; unbrickable device. Thanks to xda.

On the other hand you should look at Xperia go. Its got a rough and tough built quality with a 1GHz dual core and various other goodies.

Regards,
Both have the same processor. But Defy Mini and Defy XT are good models from Motorola.

Will check the Xperia go!! THANK you.
Old 21st July 2012, 22:56   #10210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers

Both have the same processor. But Defy Mini and Defy XT are good models from Motorola.

Will check the Xperia go!! THANK you.
+1 for Sony go. Also check out acro s. Tough its costly.

BTW, we can not flash defy/+ ROMs on Defy XT as its hardware is completely different. Ours got ARM cortex from Texas Instruments, while as the CPU on XT is snapdragon. Also 1gb inbuilt memory against 2gb of the classic
Old 22nd July 2012, 00:07   #10211
BHPian

Guys, we have Ipad 3 available using coupon code GCI51CA35UA7 at homeshop18.com. Its today's super deal.
Old 22nd July 2012, 02:20   #10212
BHPian

I am in US and was planning to buy a handset for me, and luckily yesterday I saw the Google Galaxy Nexus in the hand of my colleague and within minutes I found myself entering my credit card details. I never knew that Google has released the galaxy nexus with 4.1, according to me the latest nexus was nexus S.
I got it for a mouth watering price of $391 including all the taxes and delivery charges from the Google play store. I am a blackberry user and this will be my first experience on a Anroid device and I am very happy that waited this long to buy my first Anroid device.

Last edited by .sourov : 22nd July 2012 at 02:23.
Old 22nd July 2012, 09:11   #10213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattandip View Post
Guys, we have Ipad 3 available using coupon code GCI51CA35UA7 at homeshop18.com. Its today's super deal.
Be prepared to wait a bit if you order. The availability is shown as "Out of Stock" and Delivery as "8 to 9 working days".

The SGS2 that I ordered last Sunday hasn't shipped yet even though the delivery period was mentioned as 5 to 6 days (and availability as "Available") there. Called them up once again yesterday and the call centre says it will certainly be shipped on Monday - keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 22nd July 2012, 09:34   #10214
BHPian

Guys my brother bought Galaxy Note. The sound through the earbuds is really weak. And by weak i mean the loudness. Its not loud enough. Anyway to resolve this and make it louder?
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:31   #10215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Be prepared to wait a bit if you order. The availability is shown as "Out of Stock" and Delivery as "8 to 9 working days".

The SGS2 that I ordered last Sunday hasn't shipped yet even though the delivery period was mentioned as 5 to 6 days (and availability as "Available") there. Called them up once again yesterday and the call centre says it will certainly be shipped on Monday - keeping my fingers crossed.
Please keep us informed of your SGS2, seems this sale is picking up and there are more people getting to know about it everyday. My personal experience with HS18 has been a favorable one till now but playing a volume game is a different thing altogether.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks