Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:09   #11131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospool
Good morning Bhpians
I have an LG Optimus Black from the past 8 months.
I bought it for ~20k.
I regret buying a single core processor phone back then.
Now the main thing is, I want to ROOT my phone to make full use of it, so please can anybody help me with the PROCEDURE.?
I have heard of cyanogen mods, but I am unable to find the procedure for my phone.
And Lastly I have bought many paid apps from Google Play Store. So, if I root my phone, Am I going to lose all the paid apps?
Just so you know the ics update for optimus black is due this quarter as per LGs Facebook update.
Not that you should not root but if you want to root for just ics then you could think about waiting...
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:09   #11132
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
16K IMHO is a good deal! Where you getting it from? If online, do let me know. I know, I was looking at the A90.
I ordered it today morning Online, A90 is good phone, But have all cheapo stuff inside, But at the price point, It is being offered. No doubt, It is a good phone.

But, Tell anyone you're buying a micromax, They will be like, Micromax, That chinese stuff, don't buy that ever and all ( Happened with me yesterday, when i went to buy A90 with my friends )

That made my decision change and Went ahead and ordered One V online.

Here's the link- http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...htc-superdeal/

The deal is available for only 5 hours from now

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:12   #11133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I switched to Jelly Bean yesterday night. Looks great, but I need to resolve some things quickly.

My battery on CM7 used to last 36 hours to full discharge (with background data disabled). But here the battery has discharged down to 35% in 6 hours. Need to know how to disable background data or application sync.

I tried to add direct dial short cuts to my usual family numbers, but I can only set wall papers if I press and hold my finger. How do I set direct dial short cuts?
What happens when you disable background data? What'sApp, Facebook, Twitter etc don't work is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l

Go into settings > accounts & sync and on top there is a on off toggle. Press that.

In JB / ICS you need to go into maim menu an on top you shall see Apps / Widgets. Press on widgets or keep sliding right till you are in widget menu. Once there just press and hold on the widget / direct dial amd it will be placed on your home screens. Attached pic shall give you an idea.

Regards,
I think it's available under Data Usage-settings-restrict background data.
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:38   #11134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi
What happens when you disable background data? What'sApp, Facebook, Twitter etc don't work is it?
Yes sir. When BG data is disabled our phones loose the smartness and become just Phones

If you aren't a heavy data user and your primary use age of apps is offline work or gaming. Its a wise idea to switch off BG data and save battery life.
Old 2nd September 2012, 19:03   #11135
BANNED

Hi All please clear my doubts
1.Samsung S Advance or HTC one V
2. Will S advance get ICS upgrade - When?
3.Dual core or Single Core

A friend needs a phone with 20k budget and needs Front Cam,Good battery,Latest software (ICS) or atleast upgradable

Thanks !
Old 2nd September 2012, 19:10   #11136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All please clear my doubts
1.Samsung S Advance or HTC one V
2. Will S advance get ICS upgrade - When?
3.Dual core or Single Core

A friend needs a phone with 20k budget and needs Front Cam,Good battery,Latest software (ICS) or atleast upgradable

Thanks !
I too had a 20k budget and after a month's resarch, I ordered One V today, got a good deal for 16k. I can say that, S advance won't get any ICS upgrade.

Ask you friend to check out, Sola and One V and take his final call. ICS upgrade for sola will be out in future, Where One V has ICS out of the box.

But One V doesn't have front cam, same is the case with Sola.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 2nd September 2012, 19:23   #11137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001

I too had a 20k budget and after a month's resarch, I ordered One V today, got a good deal for 16k. I can say that, S advance won't get any ICS upgrade.

Ask you friend to check out, Sola and One V and take his final call. ICS upgrade for sola will be out in future, Where One V has ICS out of the box.

But One V doesn't have front cam, same is the case with Sola.

Cheers,
Sameer
Hi he needs front cam for video chats.
Problem with HTC 1V has fixed batter so little skeptical about it.
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:24   #11138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

I ordered it today morning Online, A90 is good phone, But have all cheapo stuff inside, But at the price point, It is being offered. No doubt, It is a good phone.

But, Tell anyone you're buying a micromax, They will be like, Micromax, That chinese stuff, don't buy that ever and all ( Happened with me yesterday, when i went to buy A90 with my friends )

EVERYTHING is made in China. Period. The iconic iPhone included. So don't you worry. Enjoy your phone
Old 2nd September 2012, 22:41   #11139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Bought Sygic this evening, just with India maps for now, and just downloaded the Southern states only for now.
Would be interested in your feedback on Sygic against the following points ?

1. Some reviews say the Search Address is pathetic is this true ?
2. Is it a battery drainer ?
3. How is the navigation, does it give accurate turn by turn voice guidance on time for India ?

Thanks
Fillmore
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:37   #11140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I don't care to be notified of FB events, twitter and emails. I'll check those when I feel it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Yes sir. When BG data is disabled our phones loose the smartness and become just Phones
I am not a heavy user of smartphones. I use it for calls, sms and web browsing. I am ok with keeping BG data off.

I have one frequent problem with Defy. If I disconnect the phone during mid-charge, sometimes it refuses to charge after that. Then I have to wait until it fully drains before I can re-charge. Why does this happen?
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:49   #11141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Would be interested in your feedback on Sygic against the following points ? ...
I'll try to get back on that, but it could be some time before I really use it much, having bought in one of those post-need moments.

It's true that I tried to find the address I was heading for the other day, and it failed to find it. I think that Google Maps has that part of Chennai (West Mambalam) more acurately, but it is a confusing area, with several roads having the same names due to the droping of the caste suffixes.

Anyway, I knew the house I was going to ... I just wanted to be taken a different route, and had always previously lost my way when trying to get there via Saidapet instead of T Nagar. Wife and friendly auto drivers beat crashed google maps hands down. We'll see what happens with Sygic ...next time!
Old 3rd September 2012, 00:04   #11142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post

Would be interested in your feedback on Sygic against the following points ?

1. Some reviews say the Search Address is pathetic is this true ?
2. Is it a battery drainer ?
3. How is the navigation, does it give accurate turn by turn voice guidance on time for India ?

Thanks
Fillmore
1. By and large, untrue.
2. Certainly. A car charger is a must otherwise it's useless .
3. Navigation is excellent. I've had no complaints .
Old 3rd September 2012, 00:14   #11143

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Just so you know the ics update for optimus black is due this quarter as per LGs Facebook update.
Not that you should not root but if you want to root for just ics then you could think about waiting...
No, It was last year's news. The LG Canada has refused any updates for 2011 manufactured phones. LG Optimus 2x and Optimus black are not getting ICS updates.

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/0...lg-optimus-2x/
Old 3rd September 2012, 06:20   #11144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I have one frequent problem with Defy. If I disconnect the phone during mid-charge, sometimes it refuses to charge after that. Then I have to wait until it fully drains before I can re-charge. Why does this happen?
Change the Kernel. I've had this peculiar problem while i was swapping thru ROMs.

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2012, 07:18   #11145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Change the Kernel. I've had this peculiar problem while i was swapping thru ROMs.

Cheers
I am on Froyo Kernel. What are you having?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks