Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 07:59   #11146
Senior - BHPian

GB kernel..it saves power too..kernel version 2.6.32.9-gb08c3c8 vfcj78@zch68lnxdrois50#1
Fri jun3 11:40:33 CST 2011

But I,m using JB ParanoidAndroid Ver 2.00

Last edited by headers : 3rd September 2012 at 08:18.
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:34   #11147
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
GB kernel..it saves power too..kernel version 2.6.32.9-gb08c3c8 vfcj78@zch68lnxdrois50#1
Fri jun3 11:40:33 CST 2011
That's the exact kernel I have.
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:39   #11148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That's the exact kernel I have.
I'm foxed as well..try the following:

1. Wipe data / dalvikcache
2. Reinstall the ROM if step 1 does not solve the issue.

BTW, have a battery current monitoring application to ensure the full charge status. the max value AFAIK is 4.169 and if that value is reached then battery is fully charged.
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:48   #11149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

I have one frequent problem with Defy. If I disconnect the phone during mid-charge, sometimes it refuses to charge after that. Then I have to wait until it fully drains before I can re-charge. Why does this happen?
If you are rooted, get a battery calibration app. It basically deletes the system file which stores your battery calibration information, and then a new one gets created. It took me 2-3 cycles of charging the battery for the notification to become accurate.
Old 3rd September 2012, 11:21   #11150

Hello Bhpians

Can anybody Please tell me, What are the possible advantages of rooting?
I am thinking of rooting my LG Optimus Black.
Can I upgrade to ICS after rooting ?
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:06   #11151
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Any Samsung Galaxy S Advance users in the house. I purchased this phone 2 weeks ago for wifey. Brilliant phone over all. Since last 2 days we have been facing network loss issues. randomly the phone just leaves the network and in the status bar it shows me " NO SERVICE" i was planning to take it to service center today but thought i do some home work before taking and it seems its a known issue by many users across.
http://www.grahakseva.com/complaints...comment-159582

I could not find any proper solutions to this. Incase any body here has found any here, please let me know.

Regards,
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:11   #11152
Distinguished - BHPian

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to cost 38,500 in India. Few online retailers will start taking pre-orders from this week and the phone is expected to hit the stores sometime in Oct.

Here's one that's already up
http://www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-Sa....html?id=Black

Initially the listed price was 40,500 and they offered it for 38,500. Now they have taken off the price.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 3rd September 2012 at 13:19.
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:33   #11153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospool View Post
Hello Bhpians

Can anybody Please tell me, What are the possible advantages of rooting?
I am thinking of rooting my LG Optimus Black.
Can I upgrade to ICS after rooting ?
Rooting means gaining admin rights on your phone. Basically you can tweak around with OEM settings, remove bloatware, flash custom ROMs etc. I think you should read up this page to get started
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1187

I can see there is an ICS build already running. See the video here

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello,

Any Samsung Galaxy S Advance users in the house. I purchased this phone 2 weeks ago for wifey. Brilliant phone over all. Since last 2 days we have been facing network loss issues. randomly the phone just leaves the network and in the status bar it shows me " NO SERVICE" i was planning to take it to service center today but thought i do some home work before taking and it seems its a known issue by many users across.

I could not find any proper solutions to this. Incase any body here has found any here, please let me know.

Regards,
Are you on a 3G plan? If yes, what's the network mode that you have set the phone? It should be dual (2G/3G) mode always. I don't know about the 3G connectivity in your area. But if it is patchy and you're set on always 3G mode, then you will face the frequent 'No Service' issue.
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:07   #11154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Was checking my Note to see what's new in 4.0.4. Here are few that I found.

1) Crayon Physics Updated.
2) Few buttons updated - restart, alarm clock.
3) Faster UI
4) Better battery life

Some nice features

1) Signature lock
2) Pop up play

Some screenshots

Hi Just got my note updated to 4.04 (yesterday). Definitely, I see a considerable improvement in the battery performance. Pop-up play is nice. I already had an app - 'Super Video' which functions like this. I'm retaining this app as I can view not only the videos stored but also the youtube ones.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...net.PopupVideo

Few Qs
- I'm not able to see the restart button anywhere
- Also, I don't see a menu as shown by you for security settings (face unlock, signature unlock etc missing)

Yet to explore all the goodies. But overall seems to be a modest update with much required battery boost
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:32   #11155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
If you are rooted, get a battery calibration app. It basically deletes the system file which stores your battery calibration information, and then a new one gets created. It took me 2-3 cycles of charging the battery for the notification to become accurate.
Another trick is to delete the battery stats using recovery mode
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:41   #11156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post

Few Qs
- I'm not able to see the restart button anywhere
- Also, I don't see a menu as shown by you for security settings (face unlock, signature unlock etc missing)
1) Keep pressing the power button. This will open the power options menu with the following
- Silent mode
- Data network mode
- Flight mode
- Power off
- Restart
This option was already there in the previous version but updated few icons.

2) Goto "Settings", "Security", "Screen Lock". This will open the various options to lock the screen.

Hope this helps.
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:43   #11157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello,

Regards,
Are you on Vodafone by any chance? If yes, their 32k SIM cards are known to cause this kind of a problem on some phones. Apparently, they don't have 64k SIM cards. Just put a 64k SIM in the phone and see if the problem goes away. If it does, port out from Vodafone, if not get a replacement phone.
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:44   #11158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Both the razr and razr maxx are running ICS 4.04! I have heard that ICS is great on the razr/maxx, its now almost vanilla, no Motoblur stuff, so who said its a failure??A couple of BHPians have the Razr/Maxx so please get in touch with them(R2D2,mrohit17)
I too have decided on the Razr(not maxx), feel its a great phone in the 25k price bracket.Service is ok in my state(BB,HTC,Moto same service center) so the service angle is not bothering me at the moment.Please ask any moto users about the service in your area,If bad then i feel its as good as no warranty,If not then dont worry and just get the phone.

Couple of days back I got to read this article on Motorola's decision to close down operations in India
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/motorola-...286585-11.html

You may get service but spares/components might be a trouble. For an investment of 25k please weigh whether its worth it.
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:53   #11159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1) Keep pressing the power button. This will open the power options menu with the following
-
- Restart
This option was already there in the previous version but updated few icons.

2) Goto "Settings", "Security", "Screen Lock". This will open the various options to lock the screen.

Hope this helps.
Got it.
In 'security' setting I got bit confused when I was faced by draw pattern screen. My bad !!
Thanks a ton !
I directly upgraded from Gingerbread to 4.04 (was bit apprehensive about 4.03 update) so I was not familiar with 'restart icons !
Post update I'm noticing that the ram utilisation has increased a lot (450- 600 vs 300 - 400 with GB). Not that it really bothers now as far as the speed is good.
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:00   #11160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
Couple of days back I got to read this article on Motorola's decision to close down operations in India
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/motorola-...286585-11.html

You may get service but spares/components might be a trouble. For an investment of 25k please weigh whether its worth it.
Just thought of investigating a little on the service centers, and I found that,
there is no service center in Pune as per this list.

However, as per this PDF, there is a service center in Pune.
I don't know which list is more accurate.

Most Viewed