Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2012, 11:44   #11401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

Tarun,

Can you check this on a stock phone too? I have not rooted my device.
Even I was trying to find this. But did not get much (Though I did not check too hard).

Any pointers?

EDIT: I tried Android system info. It still says 300MHz to 1Gz. I dont see 1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kala

Not sure which app Tarun was using to check the CPU speed. Can you please clarify ?

The "/proc/cpuinfo" file on my Atrix-2 shows a bogomips value of 1998.78 - which means it is still running at 1GHz.

My phone was rooted under Gingerbread and unrooted just before the upgrade. So current status is "unrooted".
The screenshot was from system panel. But I see the 1.2ghz on quadrant system info as well, and I clearly remember quadrant showing 1ghz before the upgrade. My phone is completely stock. I have never rooted.
Any other software that I should check with to confirm once again..?
Old 14th September 2012, 11:49   #11402
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

How to take screenshots in Gingerbread on Defy? I am on GB WajkIUI. Some methods I found upon Googling didn't work.
Old 14th September 2012, 11:52   #11403
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got onto the Android bus twice!
Got a Samsung Tab 7.7 from Singapore and it really is a neat device and much better than the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 available here in India.

Price in Singapore was SGD 520, which is around 24K Inr. It has a small form factor and weighs 340g. More details on:

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consume...GT-P6800LSATGY

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 14th September 2012, 11:59   #11404
Senior - BHPian

What's the best option to select in Titanium Backup if you want to move between different custom ROMs but want to have a copy of ALL Play Store apps?

I don't mind choosing and restoring apps one-by-one from the market but that's time and data consuming. TB will have a batch restore option right? Which works without Wifi?

I remember I had once taken backup of apps+system data and it messed up my phone when I switched from stock ROM to CM. That was on G Ace.
Old 14th September 2012, 13:09   #11405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Are you saying that if one purchases (any) app, he cannot use it on two different devices that are using the same google account? Are apps locked down to a particular device? I'd think it depends on how a particular app implements the licensing.

If I cannot use an app that I legally paid for on any other device then I'd definitely not want to buy anything. I mean, I definitely don't see myself buying it all over again if I want to use it on my tablet (if/when I get one) or when I change my phone, or if I want to use it on my secondary phone.
No no no. What i am saying is that you can use it at ONE phone at one time. Else it is silly. We buy an app with one ID, and use it on 50. All it asks is that same app is not being actively installed/used on the other phone at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
How to take screenshots in Gingerbread on Defy? I am on GB WajkIUI. Some methods I found upon Googling didn't work.
androSS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
What's the best option to select in Titanium Backup if you want to move between different custom ROMs but want to have a copy of ALL Play Store apps?

I don't mind choosing and restoring apps one-by-one from the market but that's time and data consuming. TB will have a batch restore option right? Which works without Wifi?

I remember I had once taken backup of apps+system data and it messed up my phone when I switched from stock ROM to CM. That was on G Ace.
You needn't restore system data across ROMs because it can mess things up. Just "batch" restoring "user apps" does the trick. if asks for confirmation for each but doesnt need wifi or anything. it restores from SD.
Old 14th September 2012, 13:13   #11406
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
androSS?
Say it is not compatible with my Defy.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-fullscreen-capture-9142012-11133-pm.bmp.jpg
Old 14th September 2012, 13:32   #11407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The screenshot was from system panel. But I see the 1.2ghz on quadrant system info as well, and I clearly remember quadrant showing 1ghz before the upgrade. My phone is completely stock. I have never rooted.
Any other software that I should check with to confirm once again..?
I dont even that kind of details from system panel. All I was doing was:

system settings -> About Phone.

I did not find any CPU info there. So I got this app Android System Info
which gives only 1GHz. Also my bogomips settings show 1990/1998.

Also Motorola needs to qualify the H/W so that it can run 1.2GHz. It just cant be overclocked.
(The overclocking of rooted phones are at one's risk because device reliability comes down even if its able to function at a higher speed)

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2012 at 13:37.
Old 14th September 2012, 13:36   #11408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Traditionally all MIUI based GB ROMs had a built in function to take screenshoots. That is by pressing 'Vol. Down + Home key' simultaneously.

Is it not working now?
I actually prefer this miui combo than Google default long press power n then clicking screenshot. That is boring.
Old 14th September 2012, 14:31   #11409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I dont even that kind of details from system panel. All I was doing was:

system settings -> About Phone.

I did not find any CPU info there. So I got this app Android System Info
which gives only 1GHz. Also my bogomips settings show 1990/1998.

Also Motorola needs to qualify the H/W so that it can run 1.2GHz. It just cant be overclocked.
(The overclocking of rooted phones are at one's risk because device reliability comes down even if its able to function at a higher speed)
Well - is it possible that the MB-865 comes in 2 variants : One that is capable of 1 GHz only and another that's capable of 1.2 - but was running at 1GHz under GB ?? (And may be Tarun is among the lucky ones whose phone happens to be the second type)

P.S. I double checked with Quadrant - It still shows 1000MHz as the CPU clock speed on my phone - not 1200.
Old 14th September 2012, 14:38   #11410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Traditionally all MIUI based GB ROMs had a built in function to take screenshoots. That is by pressing 'Vol. Down + Home key' simultaneously.
No, that is not working. I was hoping I can do it without any App.
Old 14th September 2012, 15:04   #11411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

It's good news indeed ... but it happened last week!
My bad! The beta got launched last week.
Old 14th September 2012, 15:08   #11412
Team-BHP Support

After 32 hours, the battery level is at 15%. I guess it is time to charge now. This is probably the best battery performance since CM7.1 RC1 ROM.
Old 14th September 2012, 15:20   #11413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
No yaar. I have my purchases on one account but on two different phones. the same app CANNOT (titanium backup for instance) be run on two phones at once!
With Sygic, they allow upto 5 devices to be used simultaneously with the same Google account.
This would not be the case with other apps, so in this case it is an exception.
Old 14th September 2012, 15:38   #11414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
With Sygic, they allow upto 5 devices to be used simultaneously with the same Google account.
This would not be the case with other apps, so in this case it is an exception.
Yes, so imagine my plight. I would install TB on one phone, reinstall all the apps, then before i use it on the 2nd phone, i would have to uninstall TB on the 1st phone, open and close market couple of times (for google to update its records). wash, rinse, repeat. almost bought a 2nd license !!
Old 14th September 2012, 15:51   #11415
Senior - BHPian

^Actually I don't understand your scenario.
Personally I am not using Titanium Backup, since I don't have more than a couple of apps's data to backup in the first place. There are just simple files within each such application that I backup on my SD card and then onto the computer.
So, I don't need TB.
Now, to avoid any sort of Google license restriction, I purchased Sygic from their own store. They give me a code, which I can put on other android devices (which may or may not use any Google account) and I am done. Once activated, there is no issue in simultaneous use of Sygic.
I will try this out and report back if this does not work as planned. For the moment, I don't have the other devices.

Most Viewed