Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2012, 11:59   #11641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi

Why you have to fall back to static IP is beyond me. Is this setting per wi-fi network or you have to change the setting when you connect to a different network?

I've never have to configure static IP for any of my android devices ever.
No idea how it works but it has worked for me. So am happy.
Old 29th September 2012, 17:13   #11642
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys need your help. One of my friends has HTC Explorer. Everything is fine and he is happy with the phone but he is not satisfied with internal storage. He hardly has 7-8 apps and few thousand sms's and phone's memory is around 12 mb left. This is inspite of moving the apps to sd card. Now he wants to increase the space. What should he do? He is willing to root the phone also if that helps in increasing the internal space. So please let me know what all can be done to increase internal space and that rooting will help or not? Hope to hear soon.
Old 29th September 2012, 17:40   #11643
BANNED

The first thing will be to remove the bloatware. This clears up quite alot. htc sense is momory heavy. The best way to fix bloatware is to use Titanium (rooted phone),find apps, freeze them, check that things are kosher, and then remove them.

Last edited by sgiitk : 29th September 2012 at 17:41.
Old 29th September 2012, 21:41   #11644
BHPian

Any Note (N7000) users here?
Am looking for a Class 10 32 GB Sd Card, but have recently read 'bout some lag issues online, any experience?
Old 29th September 2012, 21:45   #11645
Distinguished - BHPian

Today's discounted apps - mostly games. If there are any Temple Run fans, there the paid one in the list too.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-apps.jpg
Old 29th September 2012, 22:17   #11646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys need your help. One of my friends has HTC Explorer. Everything is fine and he is happy with the phone but he is not satisfied with internal storage. He hardly has 7-8 apps and few thousand sms's and phone's memory is around 12 mb left. This is inspite of moving the apps to sd card. Now he wants to increase the space. What should he do? He is willing to root the phone also if that helps in increasing the internal space. So please let me know what all can be done to increase internal space and that rooting will help or not? Hope to hear soon.
root it as per XDA. Link2SD is what i used on chacha happily.

thankfully despite website warning me that I will lose warranty on unlocking the phone - I have claimed warranty twice without any issues. YMMV ofc
Old 29th September 2012, 23:45   #11647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Just spent a few days in Singapore. On putting a local SIM into my Defy+ I was horrified to find that I had to enter my motoblur password before the phone would open up to me. Password?
At least I don't travel or otherwise change SIMs very often, but that also means that I'll have forgotten this next time I do, and it'll catch me out again.

Hello

Have you been able to figure out how to disable Motoblur? Whatever results I came across in my search for disabling Motoblur suggest that it is not possible unless the phone is rooted. Do you know anything that suggests otherwise?

Cheers
Old 29th September 2012, 23:59   #11648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Rooting alone doesn't free up any extra space, but if you root and install custom ROM it can free up extra space. Although, there are many custom ROMS available I suggest cyanogenmod.

As phamilyman suggested, head out to XDA forums and you will find tons of other info over there.
Old 30th September 2012, 07:58   #11649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
The only one factor which I wish they address is to provide a sim card slot.
Yes, but since I had no plans for a data connection in near future, I chose this one. Wifi is sufficient for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Awaiting your feedback - I too found the reviews good - I'm interested in the display resolution and ability to read browse and enjoy photos and videos!
Received this yesterday. Was trying to figure out the different options, since this was my first Android device.

Its Android 4.0.3. kernel 3.0.8. Heard that these can be upgraded. but no idea how. Need to figure out this new stuffs.

First site I tried was team-bhp, and on the process it asked my google login. Gave, and now trying to figure out how to logout?

Can I really do?

And about the resolution, its very good. I watched the iRobot HD video, and it was really good. But one problem was not able to maximize it to the full screen.

Haven't read the PDFs but the font and sizes are very comfortable while browsing the sites. And touch is definitely not of a %K device. It amazes me.

Will post a detailed review soon.
Old 30th September 2012, 09:05   #11650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Any Note (N7000) users here?
Am looking for a Class 10 32 GB Sd Card, but have recently read 'bout some lag issues online, any experience?
Not much experience with regard to class 10 32gb cards. but I am using a N7000 running CM9 with a class 6 8gb card in it. Runs pretty smooth. Would recommend a 16gb card. Class 6 should be enough unless you plan on seeing hi-def movies from it.

Cheers,
K
Old 30th September 2012, 11:22   #11651
BHPian

Can someone please suggest the best android phone under 10k. Should be fast enough with a good processor.
Old 30th September 2012, 12:00   #11652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
Can someone please suggest the best android phone under 10k. Should be fast enough with a good processor.
Have not used many Android, so cant suggest the "best" but this one is definitely good.

You can read my initial review here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...1c-review.html

There are also higher version of this model.

Hope it helps.
Old 30th September 2012, 12:15   #11653
BHPian

Quote:

You consider Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos (S6802) which is priced slightly above at about Rs.11,500/-, with Android 2.3. The added advantage is that it is a model dual sim, 5 mp camera, GPS, 3G, email client, good battery life, etc.

Else, you can consider the less expensive but feature packed Samsung Galaxy Y priced at about 7k. I recently bought 2 of this for my son and daughter.
Old 30th September 2012, 13:30   #11654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Have not used many Android, so cant suggest the "best" but this one is definitely good.

You can read my initial review here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...1c-review.html

There are also higher version of this model.

Hope it helps.
@ethan3686, I am sorry. Just noticed Android "Phone". The review I mentioned was not for a phone.
Old 30th September 2012, 18:28   #11655
BHPian

Today I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Gio. Everything is done correctly. Then I installed Rom Manager and when I tried to flash ClockWork Mod recovery the list that appears to select the phone's model is not showing my phone. So I cannot proceed. Please help me. How should I proceed? Hope to hear soon.

Most Viewed