Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 15:40   #12646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Is there a version of Nexus7 which has a SIM Slot as well.

I have a friend coming in from the US and thinking of getting a 16GB Nexus7. He was advising the Nexus10 but i need it basically just to surf the net and play basic games at home, basically a laptop replacement to surf, hence thinking of the Nexus7.

Can people advise?
Old 19th November 2012, 15:48   #12647
BHPian

Yes there is a version of the Nexus 7 that has a sim card slot. But I believe its currently sold out in the US.

Last edited by Hells_Fury : 19th November 2012 at 15:49.
Old 19th November 2012, 16:06   #12648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69
Does it make sense to buy a Motorola Defy Plus (if its back in stock on Flipkart) over the Defy XT or should I buy the Defy XT and sort its internal memory issue (the only downside I see when compared against Defy Plus) by rooting/custom rom?

Or on second thoughts, would the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 be a better buy with a budget of ~15k?
Looks like you were in a hurry to buy! I'd say this again, Defy is a great buy at that price and a no brainer over XT any day. Just look at the XDA dev support and you'll know why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond
I got a Motorola defy plus one week ago, phone is working perfectly but phone is not charging to 100% , it gets stuck at 90% all the time.

After the battery got drained and phone went off i tried charging with wall charger with phone in OFF condition, this time phone got fully charged to 100%. Then i removed the charger and turned ON the mobile, But inside the Android OS its still showing as 90%. :(

I am using original charger that came with the phone.

Does this implies that my phone has some hardware problem?

Any solutions please?
You need to apply the battery fix. Search on XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury
I did a factory reset of my GNex on Friday. Two more major issues had come up:

1. Random restarts
2. I was unable to download anything from the Play store. Kept giving some error even after clearing data and cache.

After the reset things seem to be fine but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Why did you do a factory reset? A wipe cache/dalvik would have sufficed.
Old 19th November 2012, 16:56   #12649
BHPian

A Galaxy S2 user here - to be specific I9100G user.

Received a software update: 40.75MB in size - This update brings Improved Stability. It ran a scanner in which it optimized all the existing applications. Android version is 4.0.4 (from 4.0.3 earlier).
Old 19th November 2012, 18:04   #12650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Why did you do a factory reset? A wipe cache/dalvik would have sufficed.
I have absolutely no idea how to do that. Also, my phone is not rooted, does that matter?
Old 19th November 2012, 18:32   #12651
Senior - BHPian

nexus 7 doesn't have phone capabilities? bummer. Samsung galaxy tab 2 3100 has phone but can go only up to 4.1.1
Old 19th November 2012, 18:59   #12652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov
nexus 7 doesn't have phone capabilities? bummer. Samsung galaxy tab 2 3100 has phone but can go only up to 4.1.1
Latest N7 release does have, I believe...
Old 19th November 2012, 19:05   #12653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov
I use the galaxy tab 2. There was a 4.2 update leaked some days ago. I didnt update it. But it is going to get the 4.2 update as declared by samsung.
Old 19th November 2012, 20:59   #12654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I know you said no root,but that seems to be the only solution here.
Why not root,install,and unroot?
Thats a good suggestion, let me see how painful is the non-root way, if it isnt (I dont have too many apps with App Data to be migrated) then would do as you suggested. Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 22:20   #12655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Looks like you were in a hurry to buy! I'd say this again, Defy is a great buy at that price and a no brainer over XT any day. Just look at the XDA dev support and you'll know why!
The lack of responses over A110 made me cancel my order I was also skeptic of the size of the phone and realized that it'd be too big for my hand so cancelled the order.

I'd love to own Defy plus provided I get one someplace. Its out of stock everywhere, should've ordered it while I could.

Not sure what's a good substitute at ~15k
Old 19th November 2012, 22:37   #12656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
The lack of responses over A110 made me cancel my order I was also skeptic of the size of the phone and realized that it'd be too big for my hand so cancelled the order.

I'd love to own Defy plus provided I get one someplace. Its out of stock everywhere, should've ordered it while I could.

Not sure how good these websites are but they seem to have a few left.

Tradus Shopclues
Old 19th November 2012, 22:43   #12657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Not sure how good these websites are but they seem to have a few left.

Tradus Shopclues
Thanks!

http://www.tradus.com/motorola-defy-...Q?utm=ibiboads this one is an imported model, check out the pink! I'm not really sure about this one.

http://www.shopclues.com/motorola-defy-plus-en-2.html this on the other hand looks alright. But again, not very certain about the website. Flipkart really gives me peace of mind.
Old 20th November 2012, 06:32   #12658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

http://www.tradus.com/motorola-defy-...Q?utm=ibiboads this one is an imported model, check out the pink! I'm not really sure about this one.

http://www.shopclues.com/motorola-defy-plus-en-2.html this on the other hand looks alright. But again, not very certain about the website. Flipkart really gives me peace of mind.
shopclues has COD. Chillax man

Quote:

FWIW let me go against the grain and recommend the A110, solely based on my colleague's A100 which is an awesome phone, except for two things - limited RAM (387 MB usable, may need rooting for more), and a crap camera (compared to the galaxy ace where even defy's camera is sad)

The defy is awesome, but the A110 is uber VFM.
Old 20th November 2012, 09:42   #12659
Team-BHP Support

In about 6 months, my Defy will complete 2 years. That is like 10 in mobile years. I am yet find a worthy successor, with similar, let alone better specs for that size and price.

In fact, I find the iPhone4 size the best. I really like the iPhone4 hardware, but do not like highly restrictive iOS/iTunes. Which android phone comes close to iPhone4 in hardware specs and size?
Old 20th November 2012, 09:55   #12660
BHPian

Hey Friends, I'm facing an issue with my S2 i9100 since the past few days. I am running 4.0.4 NeatRom (Full) with Siyah 4.1.5. All was well till a few days ago when suddenly the phone screen comes On erratically and then goes off. My phone is not sleeping well anymore, and this is causing the battery to drain faster. I have Vodafone 3G enabled but switch it on only when needed, not all the time.

I cant figure out what is causing the wake-ups. I have installed Zoner AV and its scans initially gave me some suspicious apps which I un-installed. Now the scans find nothing. I also tried AirPush Detector (from play store) but that is also not detecting any apps that are causing any Advertisement Pop-ups.

What could be causin this? How can i find out? I have Better-Battery stats but not sure how to use it, even xda thread is confusing?

Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks