Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2012, 16:15   #13171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

A newbie question - is rooting this simple? Any other guidelines I need to follow before I root the phone?
Instead use Superoneclick by a xda dev or oneclickroot. These seem to be the best option out there. There's even an unroot option available with them.

Last edited by chinmaybaikar : 19th December 2012 at 16:20.
Old 19th December 2012, 16:34   #13172
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I was using HybridICS theme on my Defy Plus (WajkIUI 2.3.7) and everything is perfect except that I can't see the names of people in To/Cc when using the stock Email client/app.

Earlier I thought it was an app issue but when I changed a few themes I realized that the issue is only with the font colour.

I liked the HybridICS theme because it was dark throughout.

Can someone recommend some cool dark themes for WIUI GB ROM that have proper english language support (some themes were good but in emails " double quotes and other special characters would get translated into something chinese).
Old 19th December 2012, 16:40   #13173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A newbie question - is rooting this simple? Any other guidelines I need to follow before I root the phone?
This will not root your phone. However, if the phone is already rooted then looking at logs is easier.
Old 19th December 2012, 16:49   #13174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
This will not root your phone. However, if the phone is already rooted then looking at logs is easier.
Err - how to root? I know there are tons of websites that google is going throw at me, but then I trust bhpians more than google(d) websites.

Sorry if this has already been answered earlier.

Edit: Just saw @chinmay's reply. Thanks. Will read up the same. But I'm open to any more suggestions/precautions I need to take before I undertake the rooting process.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 19th December 2012 at 16:54.
Old 19th December 2012, 18:04   #13175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Flipkart still shows it as Out of Stock. This particular handset is being lapped up by one and all.
It was in stock when I saw it [and another Bhpian noted too] and expectedly, went out of stock quicker than it came in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
No idea as i dont have one. All the people i know who have brought the phone are using it mostly to play temple run and basic usage and havent used maps / gps etc, so no review on that front.
GPS issue, as mentioned by few bhpians, has been fixed via firmware update V2. There are a few reviews available as well as Youtube reviews. You can play games other than temple run as well, and some have gone as far as playing NFS HP, but this is essentially not a high end gaming phone. Do check the reviews available online.

Last edited by k_ajay : 19th December 2012 at 18:08. Reason: Adding response to Desmosedici.
Old 19th December 2012, 18:18   #13176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess there is a thread on XDA - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2033788 - the OP says it is specific for A100

Last edited by naveenroy : 19th December 2012 at 18:40. Reason: Added specific information
Old 19th December 2012, 18:24   #13177
BHPian

Quote:
Err - how to root? I know there are tons of websites that google is going throw at me, but then I trust bhpians more than google(d) websites.

Sorry if this has already been answered earlier.

Edit: Just saw @chinmay's reply. Thanks. Will read up the same. But I'm open to any more suggestions/precautions I need to take before I undertake the rooting process.
Rooting is quite simple. Hardly takes 5 mins.
I rooted my Xperia Tipo today itself.
I just took a back up of some important data, but I didn't lose anything after rooting.
I used bin4ry's tool from xda. You'll need to search for your phone's method to get the required .bat files and stuff.
Old 19th December 2012, 18:33   #13178
BHPian

Guys please tell me which is the best android phone under 15.5k? I have shortlisted Galaxy Ace plus. How is it? Will we able to to play templerun and other games on Ace plus? Please reply ASAP. Any other opinions also welcomed.

Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 19:26   #13179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys please tell me which is the best android phone under 15.5k? I have shortlisted Galaxy Ace plus. How is it? Will we able to to play templerun and other games on Ace plus? Please reply ASAP. Any other opinions also welcomed.

Thanks
Why not wait for Nokia 620?

but seriously, ace plus is NOT good enough. A110 etc are far better.
Old 19th December 2012, 19:38   #13180
Distinguished - BHPian

Having a seriously TOUGH time finding a good alternative to the moto defy...sigh!
Old 19th December 2012, 19:46   #13181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post

Thanks
Sony Xperia U is the phone you should consider.
Old 19th December 2012, 19:48   #13182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Having a seriously TOUGH time finding a good alternative to the moto defy...sigh!
Go for Nexus 4. The best VFM Android available today(If you can source it from the US).

Old 19th December 2012, 19:51   #13183
Senior - BHPian

For folks looking for the Micromax A110 - there is a T-Bhpian selling in the Classifieds section.
Old 19th December 2012, 20:12   #13184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
Go for Nexus 4. The best VFM Android available today(If you can source it from the US).

http://Youtu.be/jsk-L1sbiGA
Bang on. Had forgotten about this phone after watching the reviews when it launched. This is it.

Apparently its heading for an Indian launch on Jan 15 2013. Not sure how authentic it is.

And the phone is horrendously cheap there. Some 16k/299US for the 8 GB version. Priced very well. How do I cheat google and order the phone online to be shipped to someone I know?

Last edited by Red Liner : 19th December 2012 at 20:18.
Old 19th December 2012, 21:05   #13185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Bang on. Had forgotten about this phone after watching the reviews when it launched. This is it.

Apparently its heading for an Indian launch on Jan 15 2013. Not sure how authentic it is.

And the phone is horrendously cheap there. Some 16k/299US for the 8 GB version. Priced very well. How do I cheat google and order the phone online to be shipped to someone I know?
If your company has VPN servers in US, connect to them and pay and give the delivery address of any of your American friends.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks