Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 08:06   #1306
BHPian

Do It All Phone

Experts advice needed, my requirments are below.

1. Be connected to the web 24/7, be able to surf the web and do everything that a laptop can do.
2. Be able to do online trading (icicidirect, geojit, moneycontrol) etc.
3. Access to emails.
4. Access to Facebook and Twitter.
5. Chat all day long with frineds.
6. Watch movies on the go, if needs be.

P.S......The most imprtant thing from the above is stock and MF trading through the phone.

Basically I want a device that is as good as a laptop, has the MS office and other software, but is also a phone at the same time.
Old 4th January 2011, 08:43   #1307
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Oh Man!
Thanks for the correction there.

Now, that is tempting, isnt it?

care,

Ace.
You bet!
I fell for the temptation about a month ago and no regrets with the A10.

Editing documents is like breeze, while the same takes some time on Optimus One P500 which my BIL has.

Few points I felt they could have done better is the FM Radio, and little better battery (after having used Nokia for about 4-5 yrs).

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 4th January 2011 at 08:53.
Old 4th January 2011, 17:23   #1308
Senior - BHPian

How much is the A10 for?
Old 4th January 2011, 18:20   #1309
BHPian

I paid 15500/- including tax and others.
Old 4th January 2011, 19:54   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Iam using HTC legend but have never faced these problems. Just try to re-install the battery again and then reset the phone to factory settings.
Also look for any software update available for your phone.
got the sms problem solved , the wifi problem still remains, i'm clueless ... all the other phones connect to my house wifi ( nokia's , iphones ) i wonder why wild fire is having so many problems . Was reading about this problem on the internet, tried everything, nothing seems to work :(
Old 4th January 2011, 22:26   #1311
BHPian

I'm starting to hate Froyo on my SGS now.
Firstly the Lag continues in the Browser and Swype.I've upgraded to froyo nearly 10 days back. To clear the lag I heard I need to do a Factory Reset after upgrading.

I can no more backup sms's and contacts on KIES. I cannot import/export contact to SD card and neither are any backup apps good enough. Can anyone help me out here?
Old 4th January 2011, 23:01   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik123 View Post
got the sms problem solved , the wifi problem still remains, i'm clueless ... all the other phones connect to my house wifi ( nokia's , iphones ) i wonder why wild fire is having so many problems . Was reading about this problem on the internet, tried everything, nothing seems to work :(
Does your home internet have a static IP? If yes, you might have to change the settings and the DNS servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Firstly the Lag continues in the Browser and Swype.I've upgraded to froyo nearly 10 days back. To clear the lag I heard I need to do a Factory Reset after upgrading.

I can no more backup sms's and contacts on KIES. I cannot import/export contact to SD card and neither are any backup apps good enough. Can anyone help me out here?
How about rooting and trying one of the roms from xda? My friends have done the same and they can vouch that the performance of the phone has increased by a huge margin.
Old 4th January 2011, 23:14   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
How about rooting and trying one of the roms from xda? My friends have done the same and they can vouch that the performance of the phone has increased by a huge margin.
Not rooting because of Warranty issues.

Anyways is anyone else also facing similar problems? Its strange because in eclair the option to export contacts on SD card(i.e. make a vcf file on SD card) was very much there. But on froyo its just gone
Old 5th January 2011, 06:39   #1314
BHPian

Has anyone used Olive Pad, I have posted the link below, came to know of this device yesterday, and it seems it can do everthing that the Samsung Tab can do.

OlivePad -VT100, 3G Tablet PC, Tablet PC in India, Touchscreen, Internet
Old 5th January 2011, 09:05   #1315
Mik
BHPian

I am facing a strange problem on my LG Optimus One P 500 with android 2.2
All the apps connect to the internet only on Wifi. On gprs, only the browser works. I called up the LG service center and they said that my Idea SIM should have reliable data packet transfer activated on my SIM. After that, i called up Idea CC and they seem to have no idea what this means. All they could repeat like parrots was the gprs settings which are already there.

Any pointers would be really appreciated.
Old 5th January 2011, 09:42   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Has anyone used Olive Pad, I have posted the link below, came to know of this device yesterday, and it seems it can do everthing that the Samsung Tab can do.

the spec looks very dull to me. The CPU, screen size are way lower than others offer. Definitely not a one which i will go for.
Old 5th January 2011, 09:58   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
The lag problem in the Galaxy S is a known one, if you can head over to the SGS section at xda developers thers is something called as a Vodoo Lag Fix for the SGS, once you apply that the lag will be gone.

Also, make sure that before applying the lag fix you can enter download mode using the 3 button hardware combination as if you cannot do that you will end up bricking your SGS.

Samsung has disabled the 3 button download mode in some firmwares, a fix for that is also there in the SGS section at xda developers.

happy modding
Old 5th January 2011, 10:18   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
All the apps connect to the internet only on Wifi. On gprs, only the browser works. I called up the LG service center and they said that my Idea SIM should have reliable data packet transfer activated on my SIM. After that, i called up Idea CC and they seem to have no idea what this means. All they could repeat like parrots was the gprs settings which are already there.

Hi
I have been using optimus one for a week with no problems. All apps connect to the the net through gprs on my vodafone and wifi at home. When you install your apps you need to set the permission on to use Gprs. Also are you on roaming because you need to set permission separately use of Data while roaming.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:25   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post

Hi Mik,

It would be great if you can post the APN settings you are using for Idea, I have some friends who use Idea gprs and maybe we can compare the settings.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:28   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post

The specification do looks interesting IMHO. With an in built GPS and 3G slot, I think its there for its price. However, my suggestion would be to wait for a second version, as its a new product in the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks