Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2012, 20:22   #13246
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I have not rooted the phone. I only received it 5 days back. Also I installed Go Backup Pro and it is showing that device is not rooted. Actually Go backup application displays whether device is rooted or not. Is it possible that the seller might have rooted it and then flashed astock ROM or unrooted it? I am thinking about refund and purchase Desire X instead.
Old 25th December 2012, 21:04   #13247
Team-BHP Support

Guys, any idea when the Nexus 4 will be available in US or Canada on Google play ?

I have someone coming to India on 9 Jan and 1 Feb respectively and can request him to get one for me.
Old 25th December 2012, 22:13   #13248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, any idea when the Nexus 4 will be available in US or Canada on Google play ?

I have someone coming to India on 9 Jan and 1 Feb respectively and can request him to get one for me.
the nexus 4 is out in The US/UK but most places dont have stock. they have a 8/16GB and no slot for and external memory card so do keep that in mind.

secondly have you also checked out the LG G. do have a look at it as well. im looking to get one of these as soon as possible as well..
Old 25th December 2012, 22:31   #13249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
the nexus 4 is out in The US/UK but most places dont have stock. they have a 8/16GB and no slot for and external memory card so do keep that in mind.

secondly have you also checked out the LG G. do have a look at it as well. im looking to get one of these as soon as possible as well..
Yeah, I know its released but is out of stock. I meant when is it going to be available again ?

8/16 GB is fine with me. Lemme also check the LG G too, haven't done that yet.
Old 25th December 2012, 22:57   #13250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I need help. My brother recently purchased HTC One V with seller warranty. So when the phone arrived and my broter switched it on there was no Google Play store, gmail, Youtube app installed in the phone. When he tried to install google play app from internet it downloaded but it was not working. Then he downloaded Youtube and it is working fine. So have neglected the google play store issue. Also one thing that is bothering my brother is the network signals reception is very strange. Loke today it happened. My house is in the heart of the city. All my phones show full signal strength but HTC One V shows only 2-3 bars. Today he went to a mall and there it was showing 0 bars and a red cross was appearing on the network signals bar. This sometimes happens in my house also. The red cross appears suddenly and then again it starts showing signal strength.

Today evening the phone showed a software update for the phone. When it was downloaded a message came that said " The device software has been modified. Please revert back to the original software." So please tell me what is the problem with my phone. I even talked to HTC customer care people about the signal reception issue andvthere reply wa that the phone does not have any such issue. So please tell what to do. Should I ask the seller for refund? Please help.

I am using HTC one V since 3 months, No issues faced as such. Though mine is with manufacturer warranty and is working flawlessly since day 1.

Cheers!
Old 25th December 2012, 23:19   #13251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I need help. My brother recently purchased HTC One V with seller warranty.
Should I ask the seller for refund? Please help.
It is better to flash the phone with the factory firmware.
Old 26th December 2012, 03:20   #13252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I am using HTC one V since 3 months, No issues faced as such. Though mine is with manufacturer warranty and is working flawlessly since day 1.

Cheers!
You had posted ginormous battery drain issues earlier, even in airplane mode. Those are solved now?
Old 26th December 2012, 06:28   #13253
BHPian

Guys thanks a lot for your replies. The question is that when I did not rooted or did anything with the phone it is showing that issue. It means that most probably the seller did some type of modifications in the phone and sold it to me as new. And the signal issue has increased. Yesterday for about 1 hr the phone was without signals. I even went on the terrace so that the phone catches signal but the cross on the signal bar did not go. During a call the person on other side is not able to hear anything unless I go on the terrace.
Old 26th December 2012, 07:22   #13254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys thanks a lot for your replies. The question is that when I did not rooted or did anything with the phone it is showing that issue. It means that most probably the seller did some type of modifications in the phone and sold it to me as new. And the signal issue has increased. Yesterday for about 1 hr the phone was without signals. I even went on the terrace so that the phone catches signal but the cross on the signal bar did not go. During a call the person on other side is not able to hear anything unless I go on the terrace.
Was the box open? Sounds like a global piece that was locked to a carrier, that has been palmed off to you. I dont think its that big a deal, except if the basic functionality like play store is missing. Your signal strength is low because you are on the wrong baseband possibly (that is how it happens on defy - u need to set it. not sure how it works for ur phone, Radios are normally non-touchable in HTCs by defauly).

Did the htc service center not do a firmware update or so? I would suggest an ASAP return if possible.
Old 26th December 2012, 09:11   #13255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Was the box open? Sounds like a global piece that was locked to a carrier, that has been palmed off to you. I dont think its that big a deal, except if the basic functionality like play store is missing. Your signal strength is low because you are on the wrong baseband possibly (that is how it happens on defy - u need to set it. not sure how it works for ur phone, Radios are normally non-touchable in HTCs by defauly).

Did the htc service center not do a firmware update or so? I would suggest an ASAP return if possible.
I too suspect the baseband is a wrong one. My Galaxy Nexus came with Eastern European baseband. After I flashed the international build along with its radio, signal reception had remarkable improvement.
Old 26th December 2012, 10:28   #13256
BHPian

The seal of the box was open. The seller told me that the phone are imported from different places like Hong kong etc. When I switched on the phone there was no Gmail app, no Play Store, no Youtube nothing. I installed youtube from internet and it is working but the Play store is not working at all that I downloaded from internet. I read on net that phones manufactured in China dont have Gapps installed. I have used many phones that were purchased in Dubai and all are working perfectly fine. Today I will call that seller and ask him for a refund. Guys please tell that in case if he refuses for refund then what should be the course of action.

Also I saw tht the serial number on box and the the one present in the phone in settings menu are different. How is it possible? Although IMEI number is same.
Old 26th December 2012, 11:41   #13257
BHPian

Recently got a SGS3. Everything working fine except for the quick battery drain. If working with WiFi / Bluetooth or playing games then the drainage is fine but last night it was 60% remaining and in the morning it was just 10% remaining.

No Games / Calls / WiFi / Bluetooth / GPS / Mobile Data was activated during the night. What could be the issue?

Major battery usage: Screen = 27%, Android System = 18% Android OS = 11%

Cheers!
Irish
Old 26th December 2012, 12:10   #13258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Recently got a SGS3. Everything working fine except for the quick battery drain. If working with WiFi / Bluetooth or playing games then the drainage is fine but last night it was 60% remaining and in the morning it was just 10% remaining.

No Games / Calls / WiFi / Bluetooth / GPS / Mobile Data was activated during the night. What could be the issue?

Major battery usage: Screen = 27%, Android System = 18% Android OS = 11%

Cheers!
Irish

Install CPU spy and BetterBatteryStats (BBS) from PlayStore.

Use CPU Spy to check if phone is going to deep sleep when not in use and if it's not, then BBS will tell you what's causing the wake locks resulting in high battery drain when phone is idle.
Old 26th December 2012, 12:28   #13259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Install CPU spy and BetterBatteryStats (BBS) from PlayStore.

Use CPU Spy to check if phone is going to deep sleep when not in use and if it's not, then BBS will tell you what's causing the wake locks resulting in high battery drain when phone is idle.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Just installed CPU Spy and it advised: Deep Sleep = 64% and 200 MHz = 16%.

Will install BBS, may be in the evening.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 26th December 2012, 13:42   #13260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys please tell that in case if he refuses for refund then what should be the course of action.
If he is not ready to refund, you can ask for a replacement, a different set maybe? Also, what are the exact wordings of this seller warranty?

Most Viewed