Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 07:54   #13276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys

You take on Nexus 10 vs note 10.1?

I am leaning towards the note 10.1. Except the screen the package of note 10.1 is better and i am getting it for around 33K
Old 27th December 2012, 08:16   #13277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
OK. So not eBay then.
I hope a factory reset and xda are able to help you out, because this seller will wash his hands as soon as the sale starts heading south. In this time of open COD , sites offering seller safety, why did you go with this guy?
This guy is a Power Seller on ebay. Thats why went ahead with the purchase. Today will try to talk to him and insist on a refund. Hope things workout. Any way ebay could be of help?
Old 27th December 2012, 09:04   #13278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
OK. So not eBay then.
I hope a factory reset and xda are able to help you out, because this seller will wash his hands as soon as the sale starts heading south. In this time of open COD , sites offering seller safety, why did you go with this guy?
This is a perfect case of how-not-to-buy-online. Somehow I fail to sympathize with HappyRoadies brother.

Anyway my MMX A90S had this issue of GPS not catching signal in google maps/navigation even after installing gps test. So I did a data wipe on CWM and then installed GPS test. I did NOT update the maps even though that option was available. I also enabled ' auto download satellite position data'. Once gps test locked onto the satellites, I opened gmaps and within seconds it locked on to the signal and stayed there after. Tested in couple of areas and was able to catch and hold the signal. Hope it stays that way. Will update here after some more days of usage.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:00   #13279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
This guy is a Power Seller on ebay. Thats why went ahead with the purchase. Today will try to talk to him and insist on a refund. Hope things workout. Any way ebay could be of help?
Actually if you had made the money transfer by PaisaPay, then you do have a few options. I believe you didn't opt that method of payment. Start with giving negative feedback atleast on his profile & the transaction.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:52   #13280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
I have one ordered since 27th November and still waiting for shipping.
The worst part is that Google does not seem to be following simple FIFO for filling the orders. There are internet reports of people ordering in second week of December and given a shipping estimate of 5-6 weeks, but receiving their phones in just 3-4 days.
My friend placed his first order during last week of november and the estimate given was 6 weeks. So, he cancelled that order last week and ordered again (based on internet reports). It worked. He got the phone shipped to india and it was delivered yesterday. Turnaround time including shipping: 7 days.

May be you can also follow the same, if the status is not changed for long time.

Guess Google deployed some randomness in the delivery date, so that people will not blame Google entirely for not meeting deadlines
Old 27th December 2012, 12:36   #13281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post

if yes, Ebay already has a cheat prevention system in place that you can use.
Don't put too much trust on that paisapay guarantee or cheat prevention system. It is anything but that. Ebay cheat themselves. My experience below:

In September '12, I purchased a 32GB Sandisk Cruzer switch pendrive from fraudlent seller 'bestsellers.in'. Instead of the listed product, I was sent a 32gb Sandisk cruzer pendrive [there is a difference between the models cruzer and cruzer switch, also a small price difference].. I wasn't happy because I don't want a seller to decide what product I must make do with.

I did not confirm the product as received and in parallel, I raised a Paisapay ticket to point out that I had received an incorrect product. After the initial acknowledgement email, I received absolutely no commuication from them. For the first few days, I logged in everyday to check progress on the dispute ticket, but there was no progress. Was busy with work so couldn't check progress everyday. A few days later, I login to see my ticket was closed stating my replacement request has been denied/cancelled, because I cut the call when speaking with Ebay representative, twice.. This, when I hadn't received a single call from them.

Clearly, Ebay need their sellers, for they make their money. They won't give up on them that easily. At least, the idiots in their call center/back-end team should have been smart enough to give a better reason for cancelling my ticket [without speaking with me], because no sane person who has raised a ticket for a replacement of a product purchased, will cut the call twice, when the call has been placed to discuss his/her requirement.

Trust ebay buyer protection, at your own risk.

Note: Rather, I've understood it's better to buy from someone who has a satisfaction rating of over 99% AND to read buyer comments of the same product you want to purchase. The seller I purchased from, had a rating of ~98%, when I purchased.

Last edited by k_ajay : 27th December 2012 at 12:41. Reason: Adding the note.
Old 27th December 2012, 12:38   #13282
BHPian

if anyone is looking for micromax A110 (white), it is available in croma online for Rs. 9,999 with Croma 4 Way Charger FREE!

Last edited by deepak_ms : 27th December 2012 at 12:39.
Old 27th December 2012, 12:47   #13283
Senior - BHPian

*sorry for another post, i wanted this query to be sepatate*.

Noob question, but thanks for any help. I have a Micromax A110, it has two storage options in-built. 1. Internal storage - 1.48Gb and 2. Internal SD Card - 1.05GB.

When I connect the phone to my laptop, I can access the Internal storage, but not the internal SD card. Another volume pops up but that is the Android/MMX drivers.

What am I doing wrong or how do I access the internal SD card, to use that memory?

Currently, all the apps, photos I take, etc. go to the internal storage, by default.
Old 27th December 2012, 13:13   #13284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
if anyone is looking for micromax A110 (white), it is available in croma online for Rs. 9,999 with Croma 4 Way Charger FREE!
is this phone any good?
Old 27th December 2012, 13:34   #13285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
is this phone any good?
Depends on your definition and requirement of 'good'. But the phone, for its price, is very good. And that Croma deal is one to rush for [prices are being increased to 10300 and 10500 everywhere. Plus a freebie].

Last edited by k_ajay : 27th December 2012 at 13:37.
Old 27th December 2012, 15:08   #13286
Senior - BHPian

Got the Micromax A90S last week for fiancee and find that the phone is good but voice clarity is pathetic. Voice comes as muffled and not clear at all. Are there any settings within to improve clarity. Any A90S users who can comment?
Old 27th December 2012, 15:11   #13287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
I have one ordered since 27th November and still waiting for shipping.
The worst part is that Google does not seem to be following simple FIFO for filling the orders. There are internet reports of people ordering in second week of December and given a shipping estimate of 5-6 weeks, but receiving their phones in just 3-4 days.
Welcome to the club! I ordered my phone on 28th Nov 9 am PST, and till now no update in the order, my brother ordered his phone on 28th Nov 10:30 am PST, he already got it.

I fail to understand what algorithm is Google using to ship the products. Called the helpline number 15 minutes back to track the order, found it that they "MIGHT" ship it on 1st January, feels like the Bajaj Chetak days, when you book your scooter and then the game begins!
Old 27th December 2012, 15:21   #13288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
What am I doing wrong or how do I access the internal SD card, to use that memory?

Currently, all the apps, photos I take, etc. go to the internal storage, by default.
By default the phone connects to the system in Media Device (MTP) mode. Select the "Mount SD card" mode, and you should be able to detect the internal & external SD cards; I can do it on my MM A100 phone.
Old 27th December 2012, 15:54   #13289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Note: Rather, I've understood it's better to buy from someone who has a satisfaction rating of over 99% AND to read buyer comments of the same product you want to purchase. The seller I purchased from, had a rating of ~98%, when I purchased.
It is this parameter, which is influenced when a buyer posts a negative/neutral rating. Your negative feedback is visible for 6 months in sellers' history, which can also lead to demotion from power seller status and less buyers having confidence in him. Believe me, Ebay puts a lot of pressure on sellers (I have sold stuff on Ebay) for price as well as shipping cost. Some power sellers even go out of the way to please you so that you give them 5x 5* rating.

But, cases like yours do happen. I also have faced deadbeat sellers who refused to pay the return shipping charges, even after knowingly shipping a 'Chalta Hai na sir' product.

But, since Happy Roadie paid thru cheque, I doubt paisa pay would come to the rescue. He must scan the bank transaction proof etc to raise the defective item case on Ebay.
Old 27th December 2012, 16:11   #13290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Called the helpline number 15 minutes back to track the order, found it that they "MIGHT" ship it on 1st January, feels like the Bajaj Chetak days, when you book your scooter and then the game begins!
Yes, a call to their helpline some days back threw up a random date of 19th December, which peacefully came and went by without any flutter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks