Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 14:58   #13456
BHPian

Hi all
Anyone tried cyanogenmod 10 on optimus black? I just saw it is out and am wondering if I should go for it ...
Old 11th January 2013, 14:59   #13457
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

What is the consensus forum opinion on the Sony Xperia T? I am thinking of gifting this to the wife and she'd be a first time Droid.
Old 11th January 2013, 15:09   #13458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
What is the consensus forum opinion on the Sony Xperia T? I am thinking of gifting this to the wife and she'd be a first time Droid.
The specs are more or less similar to the ion, except for the camera and battery. So I'll base my opinion my ion and say it's a brilliant phone.
BUT, for the price, you can get better specs on another brand of mobile. I'm a fanboy of sonys, but they're priced with quite a premium.
Old 11th January 2013, 16:07   #13459
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mayank. I am tempted to buy a Sony product this time around, since the hardware looks good, though the software integration may not be very neat. However, this is not something that the wife would care about much, as long as it looks good and takes great photos.
These are the prices I am getting for these phones. Do they look right?

xperia t - 27250
xperia s - 19400
xperia sl - 20500
xperia Acro s - 22900
xperia tx - 27750
htc 1X - 26000 - 32GB
xperia p - 16200

Now thoroughly confused between TX, T, S, SL and Acro S.
Even the 1X at 26K sounds lovely.
Old 11th January 2013, 17:02   #13460
BHPian

Quote:
this 1X looks to be AT&T imported unlocked which is dual core.
Old 11th January 2013, 17:11   #13461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

Purchase experience was surprisingly very good! Ordered phone on Thursday evening and got the phone by Wednesday morning!

Phone box was opened. Presumably phone was powered on once for unlocking the phone. I got it unlocked else probably have to spend 5$ to get the unlock code.

Looks like iBhejo have already got the phones with them and now selling them rather import from the USA on a case by case basis.

Anyways, used the phone today. Battery lasted 12 hours with 3G on and full sync on all the time. 30 minutes of talktime and 1 hour os heavy browsing included. Battery life is average at best, but this much of backup is enough for me.
12-15 hours on 3g is very decent.
Old 11th January 2013, 17:12   #13462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mayank. I am tempted to buy a Sony product this time around, since the hardware looks good, though the software integration may not be very neat. However, this is not something that the wife would care about much, as long as it looks good and takes great photos.
These are the prices I am getting for these phones. Do they look right?

xperia t - 27250
xperia s - 19400
xperia sl - 20500
xperia Acro s - 22900
xperia tx - 27750
htc 1X - 26000 - 32GB
xperia p - 16200

Now thoroughly confused between TX, T, S, SL and Acro S.
Price looks right for the t, and sl, rest I don't remember. Yeah they look good, and the pictures and the videos are to die for.
Rooted and rommed you can make up for any Android centric shortfalls.
The software integration is not the problem.it's the hardware backing it that's the problem. For this price, you're getting quad cores from other brands but somehow those fall short on looks.
But you can't go wrong with it as far my opinion goes.
Old 11th January 2013, 22:15   #13463
Senior - BHPian

Announcing the sad demise of my Galaxy Nexus. Hard bricked.

I was setting up my new WiFi router at home, and wanted my phone to connect to it so I took it and turned the Wifi on from the default power widget. As the wifi was getting turned on, I entered phone settings -> Wifi and the phone froze.

Waited for about 2 minutes, no change. Pressed the power button for about 10 seconds, still no change. Then I pulled the battery out.

The phone never turned on again after that. Can't enter bootloader, can't charge. Whenever I press the power button long enough, or put the phone for charge, it is getting slightly warmed up near the power button that's all.

I think there is some hardware damage, and it cannot be brought back to life. There goes 21.5 K INR down the drain. Seriously pissed with Samsung.

My HTC Desire is still running fine, it is almost 3 years old now, and I had really messed with that phone by installing many ROMs, flashing bootloaders, radio firmwares and so on. Respect, HTC!

No data loss anyway - all my contacts are synced, and sdcard data, sms backup are all synced with Dropbox.

Last edited by clevermax : 11th January 2013 at 22:19.
Old 11th January 2013, 23:29   #13464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
So, the phone is with service centre, and they promised it to return in max. 7 days. I hope it doesn't get extended.

Fingers croseed.
So got the phone back, It's working fine now. Got it in 6 days. Initially i was doubtful about HTC's service, and now i can say that, It's pretty good.

Cheers.
Sameer
Old 11th January 2013, 23:40   #13465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Announcing the sad demise of my Galaxy Nexus. Hard bricked.

I was setting up my new WiFi router at home, and wanted my phone to connect to it so I took it and turned the Wifi on from the default power widget. As the wifi was getting turned on, I entered phone settings -> Wifi and the phone froze.

Waited for about 2 minutes, no change. Pressed the power button for about 10 seconds, still no change. Then I pulled the battery out.

The phone never turned on again after that. Can't enter bootloader, can't charge. Whenever I press the power button long enough, or put the phone for charge, it is getting slightly warmed up near the power button that's all.

I think there is some hardware damage, and it cannot be brought back to life. There goes 21.5 K INR down the drain. Seriously pissed with Samsung.

My HTC Desire is still running fine, it is almost 3 years old now, and I had really messed with that phone by installing many ROMs, flashing bootloaders, radio firmwares and so on. Respect, HTC!

No data loss anyway - all my contacts are synced, and sdcard data, sms backup are all synced with Dropbox.
Try this
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f634...i9300-1465412/
Old 11th January 2013, 23:48   #13466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Thanks, my brother just gave me that link some minutes back! I am not sure whether that can bring it back to life. It is not even charging now. will try this tomorrow.
Old 11th January 2013, 23:55   #13467
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, my brother just gave me that link some minutes back! I am not sure whether that can bring it back to life. It is not even charging now. will try this tomorrow.
You are free to try everything that google throws up. Go exploring the unlimited pages because you can't brick it anymore. And if anything works you will be the happiest man I have seen

Last edited by chinmaybaikar : 11th January 2013 at 23:57.
Old 11th January 2013, 23:58   #13468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
You are free to try everything that google throws up. Go exploring the unlimited pages because you can't brick it anymore. And if anything works you will be the happiest man I have seen
Ha ha I like that thought! I've already kind of convinced myself that I lost the money, so now free to do anything
Old 12th January 2013, 00:07   #13469
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha I like that thought! I've already kind of convinced myself that I lost the money, so now free to do anything
If you are facing time problems get it shipped to me. I have lots of free time
Will be happy to help
Old 12th January 2013, 05:39   #13470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001

Not yet, they have promised it on friday. Hope to get it by then.

Go ahead with Micromax A110, Best of the lot. BTW what happened to your S2 ?
I wouldn't recommend Carbon or Micromax to anybody because of the radiation leak. These brands have a lot of radiation leak.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks