Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2013, 14:51   #13741
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Anybody with first hand experience with Samsung I8190 Galaxy S III mini ? I don't like phones with screen bigger than 4 inch.

Last edited by Samurai : 9th February 2013 at 14:56.
Old 9th February 2013, 15:46   #13742
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Samsung Galaxy SIII has received a price cut of 3k! Its now available for 28,990.
Also the Ace Duos has got a price cut of 2k.

I believe now is the right time to say goodbye to my Nokia N79 & get the SIII as i don't see another price drop happening soon!
Old 9th February 2013, 16:28   #13743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Anybody with first hand experience with Samsung I8190 Galaxy S III mini ? I don't like phones with screen bigger than 4 inch.
I don't think S3 mini is available in India. You could consider Samsung Galaxy S Advance, it has the same specs. Hopefully it would get JB too.

You could also consider Sony Xperia P.

Rohan
Old 9th February 2013, 18:23   #13744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

I don't think S3 mini is available in India. You could consider Samsung Galaxy S Advance, it has the same specs. Hopefully it would get JB too.

You could also consider Sony Xperia P.

Rohan
Advance is obsolete now. Better to avoid and look at Grand instead.

Or if you can get hold of Atrix 2. At 17k its perfect VFM. Provided you get stocks!
Old 9th February 2013, 18:35   #13745
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Advance is obsolete now. Better to avoid and look at Grand instead.
Grand is way bigger than I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Or if you can get hold of Atrix 2. At 17k its perfect VFM. Provided you get stocks!
That is a really old phone.

I want to replace defy once it completes 2 years. I need a worthy successor. But I am unable to find a modern phone with similar size and better specs.
Old 9th February 2013, 19:01   #13746
BHPian

Which android phone would you guys suggest up to 20-25k?I'm open to suggestions
I was checking out the galaxy grand today.I found it just okay.I didn't like the silver trim. I found the phone a little thick and a bit too big for my use. I guess the size,that's something to get used to. Would their be a slightly cheaper single sim galaxy grand in the pipeline?
I was comparing it side by side with an S3. S3's screen is much sharper! I was scrolling through pictures in the grand's gallery. There was a bit of lag in the grand, the pictures were taking time to open. I wasn't extremely pleased with the grand honestly.
On the plus side S3's prices have just dropped (again)
Old 9th February 2013, 20:15   #13747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Which android phone would you guys suggest up to 20-25k?I'm open to suggestions

On the plus side S3's prices have just dropped (again)
Galaxy S3 is it. Its has a far superior display then the grand and of course a quad core processor.
Look no further.
Old 9th February 2013, 20:30   #13748
BHPian

Guys why did Samsung reduce the price of S3 to 28, 900? This is with ICS though.

Have you guys read the news as yet? There is no official announcement though but you can find the new prices on Flipkart etc.This is a great offer I guess. I bought mine when it was launched and paid 38k. After 9 months it has come down by 10k.

Some of the reasons I can think of

1. S4 is to be launched in April and Samsung wants to make the most volumes during this period.

2. iPhone sales are increasing and Samsung wants to contain it.

Am unable to decipher any more reasons. Apparently S2 is still able to hold on to its price point pretty well at 24ks...

What's your thoughts?
Old 9th February 2013, 20:40   #13749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Guys why did Samsung reduce the price of S3 to 28, 900? This is with ICS though.

Have you guys read the news as yet? There is no official announcement though but you can find the new prices on Flipkart etc.This is a great offer I guess. I bought mine when it was launched and paid 38k. After 9 months it has come down by 10k.

Some of the reasons I can think of

1. S4 is to be launched in April and Samsung wants to make the most volumes during this period.

2. iPhone sales are increasing and Samsung wants to contain it.

Am unable to decipher any more reasons. Apparently S2 is still able to hold on to its price point pretty well at 24ks...

What's your thoughts?
In the current environment, a phone max life is just about an year. After that, it starts getting outdated slowly. So, this price cut is not surprising. It's good for new purchasers.

On the other note, S2's price is not justified. It may be due to non availability of other good ones in its range. In other markets, S2 is available for free with some cheap plans.
Old 9th February 2013, 21:03   #13750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

I believe now is the right time to say goodbye to my Nokia N79 & get the SIII as i don't see another price drop happening soon!
Quote:

What's your thoughts?
The contract price of SIII has dropped to half in UK over the last 2 weeks. S4 launch is happening soon I guess. If you are looking for an SIII, wait a bit more. Prices will be better. If you have someone living/coming from UK, ask them to get you one.

Last edited by 999 : 9th February 2013 at 21:04. Reason: typo
Old 9th February 2013, 21:05   #13751
Senior - BHPian

Defy users - any stable ICS or JB rom? I'm currently on Wajk MIUI and it's extremely good in all respects - speed, stability and battery life. However I'm a bit bored of it now. Also since I now have Titanium Backup Pro version, i can experiment with different ROMs effortlessly.

I had initially tried CM but the nightlies are a pain and battery life wasn't great.

How's Salad Bar ICS? Or AOKP?
Old 9th February 2013, 21:08   #13752
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Resorting to Blasphemy! Do you want to check on Iphone 4/4S pricing?
Old 9th February 2013, 21:10   #13753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999

The contract price of SIII has dropped to half in UK over the last 2 weeks. S4 launch is happening soon I guess. If you are looking for an SIII, wait a bit more. Prices will be better. If you have someone living/coming from UK, ask them to get you one.
I think you didn't read my post fully. I already own an S3 for the last 9 months.
Old 9th February 2013, 21:20   #13754
BHPian

Quote:
I think you didn't read my post fully. I already own an S3 for the last 9 months.
NFS, I know that. I was just quoting your reasons for PPS. He needs the new one
Old 10th February 2013, 00:05   #13755
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
S4 launch is happening soon I guess. If you are looking for an SIII, wait a bit more. Prices will be better. If you have someone living/coming from UK, ask them to get you one.
I know about the S4 but i've been waiting since last 3 months now! SIII seems like a good deal now. I'm expecting the S4 to be priced around 42-44k, thats completely out of budget for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks