Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 12:50   #13966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Very odd, it is neither the old Remington keyboard (de facto standard in Typrewriters) nor the new ISCII keyboard!!
I am using panini hindi IME which is quite good and has prediction capability.
Typing सन्युक्ताक्षर like क्ष,त्र,ज्ञ is easy.
IME need not be standard typewriter as it is not touch/gesture friendly.

Google ime looks like transliteration tool from roman to devnagri.
Old 1st March 2013, 14:52   #13967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
That is not the Canvas HD, its the canvas2. And you can get one those in between 9.5 to 10k max in the retail market.
Vaisakh, MMX A110 was sold off like hot cakes and almost all online stores are out of stock and so is the condition with retail shops. My B/L is patiently waiting for that, he made the payment at shopclues.com and after 3 days he got a call from them stating that its out of stock presently and by first week of March they can desptach the item. In the mean while I've ordered few accessories like flip cover and screen gaurd etc. which is lying idle just because of this.
Old 1st March 2013, 18:02   #13968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Vaisakh, MMX A110 was sold off like hot cakes and almost all online stores are out of stock and so is the condition with retail shops. My B/L is patiently waiting for that, he made the payment at shopclues.com and after 3 days he got a call from them stating that its out of stock presently and by first week of March they can desptach the item. In the mean while I've ordered few accessories like flip cover and screen gaurd etc. which is lying idle just because of this.
I am waiting for the canvas hd. Its been almost 15 days after they have announced it, still haven't hit the shops.

Btw, canvas 2 is available at penta menaka. (alif mobiles to be precise)
Old 1st March 2013, 21:38   #13969
BHPian

I really meant to buy a phone tomorrow or day after max.But,I'm thoroughly confused. Saw the phones at croma, and prices at another place where my folks buy our phones from. S3-28k, Grand 20.5k. Then I stumbled upon the Xperia SL. Anyone using the SL? Going to sleep over it. It's going to be one of these!
Old 2nd March 2013, 05:47   #13970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Somehow my Incredible2 (Gingerbread) is still on Market. Is there any way of upgrading to Play? htc are still to launch 4.x for the Incredible, it is due but still work in progress.
That's odd. The Market is supposed to update to the Play Store automatically, right?

My Explorer which was on GB used to get all the updates.

Well, if that isn't happening then you can download the Play Store apk and manually install it.
Old 2nd March 2013, 07:56   #13971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
That's odd. The Market is supposed to update to the Play Store automatically, right?

My Explorer which was on GB used to get all the updates.

Well, if that isn't happening then you can download the Play Store apk and manually install it.
If it is not updating Automatically, just go to Applications. Locate Market, force close it and then restart the application. In all probability it will download & install the Play Store.

I have had the same problem with my phone quite some time back. Did this and update happened automatically.
Old 2nd March 2013, 09:27   #13972
BHPian

Can anyone give details on how to download movies onto ones android phone / tablet? When going on a long journey would like to watch movies on the plane. Please give clear instructions,have really struggled thru installations.

Also, if someone knows how to download on iPad. Which apps are required and how. Preferably free apps.
Old 2nd March 2013, 09:59   #13973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Can anyone give details on how to download movies onto ones android phone / tablet? When going on a long journey would like to watch movies on the plane. Please give clear instructions,have really struggled thru installations.

Also, if someone knows how to download on iPad. Which apps are required and how. Preferably free apps.
Can you please clarify what you mean by "download"? If you want to get movies on your PC to android, just copy past the file to your SD card and play from your movie player. I use BS Player

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2013 at 08:21. Reason: Editing piracy reference. Please avoid discussing these on the forum.
Old 2nd March 2013, 14:01   #13974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
I am waiting for the canvas hd. Its been almost 15 days after they have announced it, still haven't hit the shops.

Btw, canvas 2 is available at penta menaka. (alif mobiles to be precise)
THanks man Made a visit to Alif but the price is still on the higher side 11.5K, and only white was available. Bought one and cancelled the online purchase.

Initial impression: Its a true VFM but can't compare with other branded dual core machines with this as it lags like anything with pre installed apps and settings. May be I should visit XDA A110 forums for rooting and tweaking
Old 2nd March 2013, 18:38   #13975
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post

Goodplayer for ipad.
Old 3rd March 2013, 13:00   #13976
BHPian

Just Got my White Galaxy Grand. Can anyone tell how how to take screenshots/ Print screen on Grand?
Old 3rd March 2013, 14:06   #13977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Just Got my White Galaxy Grand. Can anyone tell how how to take screenshots/ Print screen on Grand?
I maybe wrong but on my Note its homebutton+power+vol down button combination. Press for a few seconds and then the screenshot is taken.
Old 3rd March 2013, 14:17   #13978
Senior - BHPian

Running Samsung's official JB rom on my Galaxy S II. Flashed using Odin. Phone is super smooth now.
Old 3rd March 2013, 14:32   #13979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Running Samsung's official JB rom on my Galaxy S II. Flashed using Odin. Phone is super smooth now.
Can you please post a screen shot of the version, build etc?

No update via kies yet. Surprisingly, kies has worked well for my updates till date, so want to wait a bit more before I go the odin way.
Old 3rd March 2013, 15:20   #13980
Senior - BHPian

Here you go. This version was released only in Russia I guess and hence no update via Kies.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130303_152037.png
Views: 449
Size:  57.7 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks