Old 25th January 2011, 21:38   #1576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Got my orange san fransisco today

3.5 inch capacitive OLED display
512 mb Ram
Rest of the specs are the same as the Dell XCD35

Blueangel, how much did it cost and where did u buy it from?

Hi,

Between the Motorola Quench XT3 and LG Optimus One P500 which one has better specs and is VFM?

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th January 2011 at 01:33.
Old 26th January 2011, 17:43   #1577
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

^^^Hope you know there is an xt5 too with better specs and slightly higher price too (but with a Adidas Jacket, tickets). Considering the specs it seems better than the O1. But in real I cannot say if its better or worse than 01 as I have neither used it nor know anyone who has one.

One drawback with the Motos will be that you will have to be content with 2.1. No update will be coming from Motorola.
Old 26th January 2011, 21:39   #1578
BHPian

Re: Got my orange san fransisco today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post

Icing on the cake?purchase price+unlocking+shipping = 8000INR
How did you get it? ordered online? no customs duty on it?
Old 26th January 2011, 21:47   #1579
Senior - BHPian

I installed Opera Mobile with high hopes, that it will be the perfect replacement for the default browser. But I am really disappointed with it. It takes more time to load pages than the default browser and sometimes images won't load at all!

Most annoying thing is, it displays the page at very end of loading everything - can tell this by looking at the status bar for loading.

So the question is, Which is the best Android browser?
Old 26th January 2011, 22:40   #1580
Senior - BHPian

I am using Dolphin along with the default Android browser. Dolphin has an option to render the webpages in desktop mode, i.e the pages look exactly how it would look on a PC and the mobile version of the page/website will not be loaded.
Old 26th January 2011, 22:59   #1581
BHPian

Guys, i have a lil problem here, I have vodafone EDGE connection on my spica, I am able to access internet using the stock browser, But i'm not able to use the EDGE with the apps like Market,gmail,fb app says that i dont have internet connection. Please help
Old 27th January 2011, 11:02   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Guys, i have a lil problem here, I have vodafone EDGE connection on my spica, I am able to access internet using the stock browser, But i'm not able to use the EDGE with the apps like Market,gmail,fb app says that i dont have internet connection. Please help
Hi Akshay, I was also facing the same issue with my Samsung GT I5801. I was able to browse through edge by the default browser but not able to validate my Google id, saying that there's no data network present try later. For 1 week I was not even able to use my calendar, email, market whatever connected to Google just because of this. When contacted the Samsung techies, I was advised to leave the phone with them for a software re-installation, according to them it’s a bug or something like that. Fortunately that day I didn’t have a spare phone neither they, so I came back without giving the phone to them. After reaching home, I tried to browse the Android market and tried to install/download some application, Bingo, it’s got connected and my Google a/c was validated. I could not remember what I've done that day, but I was trying to download some apps from the market thats what I could say now. Now everything is working fine on full swing. Am a newbie on Android field, but still, if the Samsung guys could not find this and simply trying on the market got it validated. There's nothing harm in trying this. Once it got validated you can go directly to the market and download the required apps. I guess this could solve the issue.
Have a look and lets us know the status.
Old 27th January 2011, 11:36   #1583
BHPian

Anyone checked out the Moto DEFY yet? Im thinking about the DEFY vs the HTC Desire...
Old 27th January 2011, 13:48   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Good news Guys!! Finally my HTC wildfire's GPS seems to working fine. I have downloaded a Compass application from the android markets, and it has done the trick. It's a cool app which shows details like
Direction with degrees
Magnetic field : normal/high/abnormal
Strength of the magnetic field
Magnetic declination (in degrees)
It also shows the direction according to the satellites.
Mostly both of the direction details matches.
Other info shown are :
Your current address
Your speed
Altitude
Accuracy( varied from 16metres to 48 metres)
It showed me a maximum of 9 satellites and got connected to 6 of them.
It also shows the time since last connection.
Happy
But still have to check the navigation capabilites.
When I opened the "Navigation" app, this time it showed the message " checking for navigation availability " instead of "waiting for location".

Will upload the screenshot of the compass in the evening. looks cool in red and green.

EDIT: just found 10 satellites and connected with 9 of them briefly.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 27th January 2011 at 13:55.
Old 27th January 2011, 15:45   #1585
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Need your help; What's the best android device out there for around Rs 25k?
Old 27th January 2011, 16:24   #1586
Senior - BHPian

Guys, one more question here.
Has anybody tried playing music by plugging their HTC wildfire to their Car's HU USB port.
I plugged in the phone through USB, it was charging the phone but didn't read the music in the memory card. I have a 8GB card, and the USB in my Car HU's has read pen drives upto 4Gb. Any thoughts ?
Old 27th January 2011, 17:46   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys, one more question here.
Has anybody tried playing music by plugging their HTC wildfire to their Car's HU USB port.
I plugged in the phone through USB, it was charging the phone but didn't read the music in the memory card. I have a 8GB card, and the USB in my Car HU's has read pen drives upto 4Gb. Any thoughts ?
if i am not wrong most of the HU wont support more than 4 GB, i had 8 GB earlier which was not supported in my Galaxy S, but when i removed it and added 2 GB, it worked i did it to just check whether my HU will support or not.
Old 27th January 2011, 18:51   #1588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Will upload the screenshot of the compass in the evening. looks cool in red and green.

EDIT: just found 10 satellites and connected with 9 of them briefly.
Good! Can you please share the link of the app? I have a compass app but it doesn't have all these features like the speed indicator and all. (FOr that I use Car performace free app and MySpeed app)

Mine also connected to 9 satellites out of a total 10 one day
Old 27th January 2011, 23:30   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
if i am not wrong most of the HU wont support more than 4 GB, i had 8 GB earlier which was not supported in my Galaxy S, but when i removed it and added 2 GB, it worked i did it to just check whether my HU will support or not.
Speedy, thanks for the suggestion , I was also thinking on the same lines, will try tomorrow with a 2gb memory card in phone. This should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Good! Can you please share the link of the app? I have a compass app but it doesn't have all these features like the speed indicator and all. (FOr that I use Car performace free app and MySpeed app)

Mine also connected to 9 satellites out of a total 10 one day
Yeah!! here are the screenshots and other details.
The first one with all the details that I mentioned about
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_2351.jpg
another shot
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_2359.jpg

Click on the Menu button and you will get following options
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_2352.jpg
Click on the compass type button and you will get this list
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_2358.jpg
Then select what you like
NIGHT
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_2354.jpg
DIGITAL
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_2355.jpg
ANALOGUE
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_2356.jpg
ANTIQUE
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_2357.jpg

To get this app, go to the Android market, click on Apps> all apps> search> compass , following which you will get this page. The first one the list "catch.com" is what I have installed.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_2360.jpg

I tried this compass while driving back home today and it worked smoothly, searched a maximum of 13 satellites and the accuracy improved to 8 metres.The photos that I have uploaded has been clicked now, so it is even working inside the house. .
Have fun, but I haven't got lucky with the navigation as yet
Hope this helps.
Old 28th January 2011, 02:51   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I installed Opera Mobile with high hopes, that it will be the perfect replacement for the default browser. But I am really disappointed with it. It takes more time to load pages than the default browser and sometimes images won't load at all!

Most annoying thing is, it displays the page at very end of loading everything - can tell this by looking at the status bar for loading.

So the question is, Which is the best Android browser?
Strange! Why don't you try Opera Mini? It is definitely faster than the stock browser on my phone... and its supposed to be. Its a lifesaver currently as Docomo's data speeds here have become just pathetic (1 - 30 kbps). The stock browser is just unusable with such speeds. Haven't tried Opera Mobile yet.

Recently installed Mileage and SpeedView. The former seems to be very nice for recording odo readings and displays fuel efficiency records, graphs, etc. Can use if for more than one vehicle. Quite configurable.

SpeedView is for displaying speed and also records distances, etc. Was pleased to find that my car speedo matched it spot on! But could check only upto 60 kmph or so till now... can't do more than that in the city.

Last edited by Raccoon : 28th January 2011 at 02:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks