Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2011, 10:57   #2461
BHPian

Re: Worldwide International Warranty for Dell Streak? Sorry! Not in India -Dell

I have sent you a PM, let me know whether it work else we will work on some other alternative
Old 27th March 2011, 11:43   #2462
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Guys U all R mking me feel awful. The plans that U all talking about R Corporate plans or those offered to the Mango people also? I am paying a whopping 299 for 2GB of data. Thats actually better than my earlier 249 for 100 MB (yes thats MB & not GB). Voda told me that these were the latest plans.
Airtel offers 2GB for 98 but I never knew even Voda did...
I am using Idea internet for Rs.99/2GB. Vodafone also has similar plans. But it actually depends whether you have prepaid or postpaid. Internet rates for Idea postpaid are damn expensive. Something like Rs.100 for just 300MB.
Old 27th March 2011, 11:47   #2463
BHPian

Almost same thing happen when I bought a HP Laptop from US and tried to claim the warranty in India. Later I escalate this thing to the top level manager and he sorted out.
It is the common practice for all the product comp to give a such stupid condition of not giving warranty in India. Dont know what special about this condition. Is it a -VE effect of globalisation.

Advise you to escalate to higher auth and keep all the transaction for your proof
Old 27th March 2011, 12:01   #2464
Team-BHP Support

Dell website clearly seem to mention India, in their list of countries with international warranty. Dont know if its limited to just laptops!

Dell - International Laptop Warranty Contact Information

India|India
1-800-425-8045
Monday - Friday
9AM to 6PM Local Time
Old 27th March 2011, 12:17   #2465
BHPian

Driverace,

I work for Dell. And I'll try to help you out here.

Did you buy the Streak directly from Dell? Where is it mentioned that it has international warranty?

Pls see the image below from Dell.com when you configure a Dell Streak. It does not mention International Warranty there.

Attachment 523860

Normally for Laptops you can do a Tag transfer to transfer your existing warranty from one country to another. You can read the T&C here - http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~section=010

I'm not sure whether the above mentioned policy is applicable for Dell Streak. I can probably check with the relevant team and can revert regarding the same.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2011 at 14:17.
Old 27th March 2011, 18:15   #2466
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any X10 owners here ?
Good news, you are getting Gingerbread in early third quarter of this year.
Old 27th March 2011, 22:56   #2467
BANNED

The official 2.3.3 Gingerbread update for Samsung Galaxy S is out! Here's the "how to" guide for updating
Install Official Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread Update On Samsung Galaxy S | how2i.com
Old 27th March 2011, 23:10   #2468
BHPian

saw that ezone site was offering lg optimus p500 for 10.2k and this looked to be the best deal.
so went to ezone at ishanya mall today. initially the salesman quoted 11.6k.
but had just one piece on display.
he also told that the amount on site didnt consider vat, which is a plain lie.
As we didnt want that one on display, we moved out.
but the same guy caught us again when we were billing other items and informed that the latest price is 10.5k, which he claimed he was not updated with.

Anyway, even though this was 250 bucks more that then listed one, went for it as i can actually see the phone. However the mobile will be available at most by tuesday.
also ezone is offering itech bluetooth device(including charger) for 250 bucks on purchase of any smartphone. Even though i didnt know the details of device, still went for it assuming it to be of chinese make and of cheap build quality.
I just plan to use it during driving.

Now, i want to know how to find out how many hours the phone was switched on, as i certainly dont want the phone which was on display.
Old 28th March 2011, 18:03   #2469
BHPian

Sony Xperia Play

Am damn excited about the Xperia Play (Sony Ericsson - Products - Mobile phones - Featuresandspecifications - Xperia)

It runs on Gingerbread but no info on processor is mentioned*. Flipkart is taking pre-orders.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Price In India: Buy Sony Ericsson Xperia Play: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

Awesome!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 28th March 2011 at 18:05. Reason: * Just read the Flipkart site, 1GHz
Old 28th March 2011, 21:11   #2470
BHPian

Sony Ericsson seems to be running one generation behind with their phones. It is unforgivable to launch a single core 1GHz processor smart phone in 2011 when everyone have already moved on to dual core processors with each core faster than 1GHz. However, the idea of running PSP games on a phone is good. Too bad, the specs are poor for the price.
Old 28th March 2011, 21:20   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Driverace,

I work for Dell. And I'll try to help you out here.

Did you buy the Streak directly from Dell? Where is it mentioned that it has international warranty?

Pls see the image below from Dell.com when you configure a Dell Streak. It does not mention International Warranty there.

Attachment 523860

Normally for Laptops you can do a Tag transfer to transfer your existing warranty from one country to another. You can read the T&C here - http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~section=010

I'm not sure whether the above mentioned policy is applicable for Dell Streak. I can probably check with the relevant team and can revert regarding the same.
Hey, thanks so much for the help!
Well, Yes, I did get it directly from Dell (US).
Actually its a gift from my dear friend. ( so, till now I havent done any TAF transfer)
But, I have checked it on your given link, and I "can" do the TAG transfer to new owner, and country. (should I do that?)

I was thinking, that whole thing is driven by TAG no. itself (irrespective of owner, so I havent done anything about that.)

It doesnt say anything about the warranty on the page you have given, but it did say so, when the phone was bought in US.. in the order itinery.

Thanks,

Ace.

P.S.1. Lloydofcochin Pl. check P.M.

P.S.2. Thanks GTO, I was in need of the information here! (And, I regret the inconvenience caused!)
Old 28th March 2011, 21:52   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
It definitely wasn't disabled on my phone? I could not live a single day with that horrid app. So for the 1st week or so I would FC it every morning when I would turn the phone on. Really irritating. Then I finally got rid of it (and a lot of other LG crap, including their garbage app. advisor and all...) from my mobile.

Don't know about the legality of it, but its definitely something I'll hold against the company and factor the experience into my next purchase or recommendation (to friends, etc). It should really be illegal though. Customer should get to decide what runs on his phone and not the other way around. I don't use task killers though.
Yes, that is definitely the case with me too, I would think twice before recommending the brand the next time, but I guess all the android phones have this problem. Not sure about the Nexus phones as they come directly from Google.
So did you root it ? Are you still on 2.2?
Old 29th March 2011, 10:08   #2473
BHPian

Yesterday got myself a Desire HD, its running on 2.2 Froyo and just LOVE HTC Sense.
Also I downloaded Quadrant Standard and ran a Full benchmark test. The HD scored 1775!!!!
Was extremely impressed.
Old 29th March 2011, 11:17   #2474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Yesterday got myself a Desire HD, its running on 2.2 Froyo and just LOVE HTC Sense.
Also I downloaded Quadrant Standard and ran a Full benchmark test. The HD scored 1775!!!!
Was extremely impressed.
Congrats! Its an excellent device. An OTA upgrade to 2.2.1 is made available by HTC, suggest you get that. The phone becomes a bit faster and also improves the camera (did not notice anything).

Cheers
Old 29th March 2011, 11:30   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
The official 2.3.3 Gingerbread update for Samsung Galaxy S is out! Here's the "how to" guide for updating
Install Official Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread Update On Samsung Galaxy S | how2i.com
i tried it on my galaxy s and it sucks. i think this is a beta version.

some problems i faced after using for 10 mins.

- auto rotation is crap
- dialer takes long time to show dialed called
- not able to hear from the phone, speaker phone works fine
- some keys not working, in my case it is the search and back key.
- swype won't work properly, it won't take my trace and input text.

this are some of the problems i found. there could be more, didn't explore more, went back to stock 2.2

hope this helps who are trying to upgrade to gingerbread, please wait for official one.

Last edited by chevelle : 29th March 2011 at 11:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks