Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2011, 14:18   #3376
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Really? I am yet to get this message. Waiting eagerly for it. Checked on HTC India website but see no information about GB upgrade.

Edit: You know what I just checked for updates and can see 2.3 update available. Did you have to backup your data?

Regards
I Did not back up and there isn't any need to. After the update I watched the movie exactly from where I left off. All my settings and personal data is also not tampered with. HTC will do everything for you, so just sit back, relax and let the good times roll.
Old 27th May 2011, 14:24   #3377
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android applications (Apps)

For the Android users, isn't there a standard way of looking at all the open apps on the phone? Is it because system tasks are difficult to separate from apps?

On Nokia 5800, if I keep the app button pressed, it will show all the open apps and you can kill them if you want.
Old 27th May 2011, 14:44   #3378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
I Did not back up and there isn't any need to. After the update I watched the movie exactly from where I left off. All my settings and personal data is also not tampered with. HTC will do everything for you, so just sit back, relax and let the good times roll.
Yep, thats precisely what I did. My phone is now on GB and so far its been smooth. Disappointed the GB keyboard is not included, but that hardly matters as I use Swype.
Early days still, hope all holds up well.
Old 27th May 2011, 15:04   #3379
Team-BHP Support

I am happy with my Samsung & would go for a Samsung again, at the moment Galaxy S II appears tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Nokia is in the doldrums so better avoid them.
Is it more to the fact that Nokia is more prone to 'hang' problems? I have experienced this myself & few have given up Nokia based on this, stands true for their dealer too
Old 27th May 2011, 15:24   #3380
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Guys, lets please keep this thread for discussing ANDROID APPS only.

For other android discussions, please use this thread

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th May 2011 at 15:25.
Old 27th May 2011, 15:31   #3381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Maverick1977 is right - this is the TeamViewer app for Android. Since the team viewer app is not directly available in the market, someone has put a 'downloader' for that app in market. You can install the downloader, then using it download the .apk file for Teamviewer from the source it suggests, and install TeamViewer.
...or you could just download it from the TeamViewer website

Team-Viewer used to be my favourite, however now i LOOOOVE PhoneMyPC.

Its got several more features than teamviewer mobile, including the ability to act like a real touchscreen (rather than dragging a cursor around).

Their site is kinda dull, but trust me, the app is awesome, and worth the $14.99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Another app which seems to be good to connect your phone with your computer us "soft data cable".
Try Samba filesharing too. Makes your phone a windows shared folder. Quite cool!

Quote:
Even that app (if there Is one) will be useful only until the battery runs out or when the thief removes the battery!
Meet the ULTIMATE security / lost phone app (works best for ROOTED phones) :

Theft Aware - read about why its so goood..

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 15:31   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
ISo three GO products now - Launcher, Dialer and SMS App.

They have a calander app also. Which is good to use.
Old 27th May 2011, 15:43   #3383
BHPian

looking for a messenger which integrates gtalk, facebook for lg optimus
Old 27th May 2011, 16:03   #3384
BANNED

@Sheel; No what I am referring to is the continuous loss of market share, an impending switch to Windows, and Symbian being all but buried. In the smart phone market the OSes to look at are Apple, Blackberry and Android. So choose between these three.
Old 27th May 2011, 16:32   #3385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Sheel; No what I am referring to is the continuous loss of market share, an impending switch to Windows, and Symbian being all but buried. In the smart phone market the OSes to look at are Apple, Blackberry and Android. So choose between these three.
Well, sir you might (or might not!) be surprised to know that most telecom analysts predict Windows to take 2nd (or even top) position as far as smartphone OSs are concerned! Some think by as early as 2013 MS will achieve that, while most feel by 2016 that would be the case.

Next year Win8 is coming (both for tablets and phones). It is going to shake the mobile world!
Old 27th May 2011, 16:42   #3386
Senior - BHPian

Just got a Galaxy S after the recent price correction. Extremely happy with the performance and battery life. The battery lasts for about a day and a half with moderate to heavy usage.

The Wifi Access Point is a real boon to people on the move. Even on EDGE network it delivers speeds descent enough to browse mails and do stuff alike.

Downloaded Launcher Pro to get rid of that Apple kinda skin. TBHP App also works like a dream.
Old 27th May 2011, 17:19   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Just got a Galaxy S after the recent price correction. Extremely happy with the performance and battery life.
Congratulations on your purchase, which version of android does it ship with
eclair/froyo/gingerbread ?
Old 27th May 2011, 17:44   #3388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Extremely happy with the performance and battery life. The battery lasts for about a day and a half with moderate to heavy usage.
Just keep your eye on the apps you install.
Sometimes a badly coded app or a misbehaving app can cut your battery life in half!
I get about 14-16 hrs of moderate usage on my Galaxy S :(
Time to do a clean install me thinks.

cya
R
Old 27th May 2011, 17:49   #3389
Senior - BHPian

@joslicx - I am sorry to say but windows mobile wont be able to regain its past glory anytime soon with the android surge that is on and rapidly developing and evolving; Also Nokia is dying a slow death unless it shifts some models to android...
@sheel - any android phone would be a good choice any day; you can also choose between the newest entrants like Samsung Galaxy SII or LG Optimus 2X
Old 27th May 2011, 18:39   #3390
BHPian

Quote:
Am not a nokia fanboy, but discount Nokia at your own risk. The switchover to windows will only add options. Apple, Blackberry and Android are good, but, trust Nokia to bounce back.

Just saw the news update that Nokia will continue support for Symbian till 2016 atleast..!!

Last edited by xotiq : 27th May 2011 at 18:45.

Most Viewed