Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 01:12   #3451
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Hows the battery life WITH GPS on continuously? My Ace is also on Froyo but when I use Sygic, it drains the battery in 2 hours!
i had heard that there are issues with battery life on ACE as well heating problems etc. i read this in reviews as well as the shop keeper told me too.

i will have to check out continous usage but i am sure it doesnt drain out in 2 hours. coz when i go around walking in germany the gps is continously on and i go out to places and return back in say 1.5-2 hours and still only 1 point on the battery goes down.

are you sure the fully charged battery drains off in 2 hours. its too low.
Old 31st May 2011, 08:44   #3452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Weird !!
try updating your phones software to the latest version using PC sycn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
@dar3dev|l - I think you need to go in for a factory reset to solve your issue. do remember to backup all your required data

I do have the latest version 2.2.2. I did a factory restore too !! Problem is now i dont want to eat up all the phone memory. Not sure if the SD card is corrupt. Will format the card and try it again.

Btw i have started receiving sms from CH 50. Any one has any idea how can i stop it ? It beeps everytime the cell site changes. Kind of irritating !!

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 31st May 2011 at 08:45.
Old 31st May 2011, 09:19   #3453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
I do have the latest version 2.2.2. I did a factory restore too !! Problem is now i dont want to eat up all the phone memory. Not sure if the SD card is corrupt. Will format the card and try it again.
Is your phone software version v10e-MAR-28-2011 ?

for Cell broadcast you can
1)go to SMS->settings de-select cell broadcast
2)o to SMS->settings->channels-delete all
Old 31st May 2011, 09:29   #3454
BANNED

I have an Epic 4G (CDMA) running 2.2.1. The sensitivity is a bit low and both my home and office are in fringe areas. It has been suggested that changing the 'radio' may help. Any ideas, suggestions?
Old 31st May 2011, 09:42   #3455
Senior - BHPian

@driverace - you should be able to sign in or out any number of times and even sign in into multiple accounts. What is android os version you are using? and the phone?

@dar3del|l - format the sd card and check that files are copying properly. Take any backup of data necessary. Format the card through the phone only; then try doing a hard reset.

@sgiitk - stock radio of ec05 is working fine for me; baseband version S700.0.5S.EC05. Try updating prl to version 10005 and try toggling data on/off to see if signal strength increases; otherwise its a tower issue at your iitk campus; I have seen people get new towers erected; persistence is needed; take necessary technical heads emails from hetaldp and email them regularly...
Old 31st May 2011, 09:53   #3456
BHPian

Quote:
@driverace - you should be able to sign in or out any number of times and even sign in into multiple accounts. What is android os version you are using? and the phone?
I am on Froyo, 2.2.2 (351 Baseband (15609) which was pushed by dell, like a month back or so.)
I see the option to add another account, (when I go to accounts/gmail settings)
but since, I have only one account active that may be the reason why I dont have the "Sign out" option. (Or is it so?)

Please elaborate your suggestion.

I have a Dell Streak (as my phone! ).

Waiting patiently,

Ace.
Old 31st May 2011, 10:04   #3457
Senior - BHPian

@ace - go to settings-accounts and sync; click on you gmail account and untick all sync relationships including contact, gmail,calendar etc.; reboot and retick; then retry with your market issue;
many other people are also having similar issue like you especially on rooted phones. is yours rooted?
read here - [Q] App missing from Market -- need favor from u - Page 2 - xda-developers he has given solution in post 16 but it might be a little technical for novices.

It seems this is a very common issue with dell streak 2.2 update - Unable to install ANY Market apps - Pocketables Forum Also try seeing those apps online on your pc and try pushing 1-2 new app from your pc to your phone through android market; that might also solve this issue.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 10:46   #3458
BHPian

Quote:
@ace - go to settings-accounts and sync; click on you gmail account and untick all sync relationships including contact, gmail,calendar etc.; reboot and retick; then retry with your market issue;
many other people are also having similar issue like you especially on rooted phones. is yours rooted?
read here - [Q] App missing from Market -- need favor from u - Page 2 - xda-developers he has given solution in post 16 but it might be a little technical for novices.

I did go through that post,
and there are two major differences:
1. That was after upgrade to just 2.2
( I have the problem when I moved from 2.2 to 2.2.2 )
2. The problem is regarding apps missing "in" the market!
meaning: not displayed in market > to download.
( as you have mentioned, the problem is similar, and yes, the solution is bit too complex for me in post #16)

I have posted my problem in detail on XDA too!
here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1093688
So far no one has replied!

:(

It seems this is a very common issue with dell streak 2.2 update - Unable to install ANY Market apps - Pocketables Forum Also try seeing those apps online on your pc and try pushing 1-2 new app from your pc to your phone through android market; that might also solve this issue.
And you know, I had absolutely no problems when I was on 2.2 only! (haha!)
Just that Wifi needed many restarts to connect and battery was consumed more like 4% per hour, as against approx 2% per hour now.

Just to reinstate:
I can find the apps "in" market, no problems there.
Please read my problem post here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2370761

Is there any confusion still?
If so, I will explain it afresh!

Let me know.

Thanks,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 31st May 2011 at 10:48.
Old 31st May 2011, 10:52   #3459
BHPian

Why dont you just re download and install the apps from the market instead of from the sd card?
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 10:59   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Why dont you just re download and install the apps from the market instead of from the sd card?
Well, some of them are paid apps (you know!)
and, the free ones, even they are huge(size wise)!

That is, in fact the last resort. but, trying to sort this issue out, as it is seemingly non-existent with anyone else (at least now)!

I see, this problem was there when people were on 1.6 and 2.2, but, I dont see much solutions different from what I have tried!

Ace.
Old 31st May 2011, 11:10   #3461
BHPian

Looks like motorola had released froyo full of bugs for the Defy. They have pulled it back from the Moto update site. I am facing the following issues after the update:

1. Emails not auto syncing after defined interval.
2. Phone goes into sleep mode while working on it. Have to restart to fix this.
3. Phone freezes suddenly,Cpu Utilization jumps to 100%. Restart required.

This Was not expected from a reputed brand like motorola.Hope they fix it soon.
Old 31st May 2011, 11:24   #3462
Senior - BHPian

@driverace - seems a dell streak specific issue; can you see the my apps on your pc when you go to - https://market.android.com/ ; maybe some apps that are not available on the market may be interfering; try deleting all those apps from your pc and see...
Old 31st May 2011, 12:20   #3463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
Looks like motorola had released froyo full of bugs for the Defy. They have pulled it back from the Moto update site. I am facing the following issues after the update:

1. Emails not auto syncing after defined interval.
2. Phone goes into sleep mode while working on it. Have to restart to fix this.
3. Phone freezes suddenly,Cpu Utilization jumps to 100%. Restart required.

This Was not expected from a reputed brand like motorola.Hope they fix it soon.
Since motorola's broken it - its now TIME for you to go CM7 :-)

Motorola Defy Ownership | FreeRiding has some pointers to get you started. Read the FAQ it links to - that should be your bible.

PS: Its soo good/stable that I've donated a token amount to the developer who made it on XDA
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 12:22   #3464
Senior - BHPian

@phamilyman, you made me order the Defy on letsbuy, thanks Came to 16100. The status still shows confirmed and hasn't moved to shipping or anything though.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:50   #3465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Since motorola's broken it - its now TIME for you to go CM7 :-)

Motorola Defy Ownership | FreeRiding has some pointers to get you started. Read the FAQ it links to - that should be your bible.

PS: Its soo good/stable that I've donated a token amount to the developer who made it on XDA
@phamilyman I have gone through your blog and the XDA links numerous times, however I was unable to make up my mind updating to GB. Now I feel I will definitely go for it. I am sure it's worth the efforts. Thanks for your guidance on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
@phamilyman, you made me order the Defy on letsbuy, thanks Came to 16100. The status still shows confirmed and hasn't moved to shipping or anything though.
If I remember correctly @samurai and @phamilyman were the ones who made me buy mine, you have made a wise decision. I am more than happy with my Defy and thankful to both the gentlemen. It's a VFM phone which outperforms its elder brothers(got a quadrant score of 1200 after the froyo update). Enjoy your Defy.

Most Viewed