Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 18:01   #4531
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any application on Samsung Galaxy S2 which is similar to GPS Data on Nokia E71, that is already present in the phone or in the android market. Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 19:43   #4532

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Mine is on the way from US. We are a closed user group who will be using it on Reliance CDMA. 2 Phones of my friends (Nasik and Delhi) reached today and activated on Reliance. They will be loading photos shortly after they get time away from watching Green Hornet in 3D on its awesome screen... lolz .. will be posting here soon...
ok i am also planning to get one very soon, just making sure everything works fine (planning to use it on my reliance No.) The network setup is unpredictable with reliance so just making sure..(Tell me everything is working fine please.....)
Old 5th July 2011, 19:49   #4533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Any application on Samsung Galaxy S2 which is similar to GPS Data on Nokia E71, that is already present in the phone or in the android market. Thanks
GPS Test

Also checkout here for my favorite android apps - Must Have Android Applications On Your New Android Phone - Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) - Discussion Forums
Old 5th July 2011, 20:02   #4534
BHPian

BTW, Univercel is still selling the original Desire and they want 23k for it. They are smoking something pretty good because they are selling the Desire S for 24k. Is this highway robbery or what? They also claimed they could sell me the Defy for 15,700, but they seem to have been out of stock for 2 months. So i mosyed on down to Axis PDA and they said they could do 17300 for the Defy. Croma is even cheaper at like 16 something. Is it just me or is Bangalore really wierd with phone prices? I thought the Defy was supposed to be in the 15k range now .
Old 5th July 2011, 20:36   #4535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Guys,
My Dost is all set for Android

Final showdown:
Desire / Wildfire S

Please suggest best shop/price/ Promo code!
(Based: Bangalore, If price difference is substantial -can be sourced from Mumbai)
I am reading here Desire is at 15K in Blr!?

Buying in this month - anytime.

Thanks,

Ace.
I keeping reading about this as well. If anyone can show me where that Desire is for 15k, i will run over there tommorow and buy the damn thing.
Old 5th July 2011, 20:45   #4536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijeeshvs View Post
ok i am also planning to get one very soon, just making sure everything works fine (planning to use it on my reliance No.) The network setup is unpredictable with reliance so just making sure..(Tell me everything is working fine please.....)
Its not easy for the "general" public to get it's MEID registered on reliance. You need special sources and programming skills...
Old 5th July 2011, 21:09   #4537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezpo View Post
Yes it comes with 2.2 froyo, off the shelf, and GB update is couple of weeks away.
Am a heavy user with mail/IM/calendar/social net apps etc
Lasts for a day, everyday have to charge in the evening.

Bought it for missus, who was eyeing galaxy ace, which was being sold for the same 15k price tag.
Two days playing around with the phone and bought another one for myself.
Being a power user, are you sure the battery lasts for a day ? Because i have read very negative reviews as far as battery is concerned. One has gone as far as saying that the battery does not last beyond 6 hours.

In which Spice outlet did you buy your phone from ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Guys,
My Dost is all set for Android
Final showdown:
Desire / Wildfire S Please suggest best shop/price/ Promo code!
(Based: Bangalore, If price difference is substantial -can be sourced from Mumbai)
I am reading here Desire is at 15K in Blr!?
Buying in this month - anytime.
Thanks,
Ace.
Am looking for the same handset. Just enquired in Jayanagar spice outlet. Its out of stock , though he can get one for me in a couple of days.

But he is quoting it @ 16.5k and not 15k as many posts claim here

Last edited by karty_83 : 5th July 2011 at 21:14.
Old 5th July 2011, 21:46   #4538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Being a power user, are you sure the battery lasts for a day ? Because i have read very negative reviews as far as battery is concerned. One has gone as far as saying that the battery does not last beyond 6 hours.

Am looking for the same handset. Just enquired in Jayanagar spice outlet. Its out of stock , though he can get one for me in a couple of days.

But he is quoting it @ 16.5k and not 15k as many posts claim here
there is a spice outlet here in RMV IInd stage. I went there to ask about the Defy, i should have also asked about the Desire. I'll remind myself tommorow to go over there and do that.
Old 5th July 2011, 21:58   #4539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
there is a spice outlet here in RMV IInd stage. I went there to ask about the Defy, i should have also asked about the Desire. I'll remind myself tommorow to go over there and do that.
That would be great. Please do update me. Btw whats the cost of Defy in their outlet ? In letsby with coupon you get it for 14.5k
Old 5th July 2011, 22:07   #4540
BHPian

Ordered Defy accessories of Amzer site, hoping to receive it tomorrow:
Amzer® Micro USB Retractable Data Cable Rs 314.95
Amzer® Mirror Screen Protector with Cleaning Cloth Rs 199.95
Amzer® Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Black Rs 229.95
Amzer® Vertical Slip On Leather Pouch with Ribbon Pull Out Rs 337.95

Got an Unbilled statement for my Airtel connection Rs 1761.10 as of 5th july, it was rs 174 until 2nd july before i got my defy.

An Increase of rs 1500 in two days, unbelievable, wrote to their nodal officer, getting stuck in red tape with them now.

Should i turn off some option to ensure that i do not get bills like this..

Last edited by dvprasad : 5th July 2011 at 22:18.
Old 5th July 2011, 22:30   #4541
BHPian

Quote:
That would be great. Please do update me. Btw whats the cost of Defy in their outlet ? In letsby with coupon you get it for 14.5k
They wanted 18.5 something. See i would buy the Defy on letsbuy, but i dont have a Indian CC and my Debit card wont work online. I know about the cash on delivery thing but my schedule fluctuates (Im a doctor), so thats not an option for me. The best price ive found so far is Univercell for 15,700 , but they are saying the Defy is out of stock.
Old 5th July 2011, 22:33   #4542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
In today's paper; Blackberry, Nokia all dieing...
It may become a self fulfilling prophecy.
Old 5th July 2011, 22:44   #4543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
They wanted 18.5 something. See i would buy the Defy on letsbuy, but i dont have a Indian CC and my Debit card wont work online. I know about the cash on delivery thing but my schedule fluctuates (Im a doctor), so thats not an option for me. The best price ive found so far is Univercell for 15,700 , but they are saying the Defy is out of stock.
18.5k It was launched at that price. Its selling for a lot lower now. 15.7k is at the univercell store or their online price ? Have you considered Desire and Spice Mi 410 as well ?
Old 5th July 2011, 22:51   #4544
BHPian

Quote:
18.5k It was launched at that price. Its selling for a lot lower now. 15.7k is at the univercell store or their online price ? Have you considered Desire and Spice Mi 410 as well ?
15.7k is their store price. Their online price is like 15.1k. Ive considered the Desire as well. The Spice Mi 410 was not really in my list. I like HTC, but i think im getting bored of Sense. I thought i'd pick up the Defy cuz of its ruggedness and stuff.
Old 5th July 2011, 23:13   #4545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83

Being a power user, are you sure the battery lasts for a day ?

well the phone is connected to the laptop in between. I haven't measured exact battery life so far.

Got mine in Jayanagar 9th block.
If you are serious about the purchase, PM your no to me.
I'll talk to that guy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks