Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 12:08   #6796
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Soemthing to look out for. Can Non-HTC Android users check to see if they have this present on their phones.

Your Android Phone Is Secretly Recording Everything You Do (Updated)
The NEXUS series and motorola don't have carrier IQ. it is planted at the carrier level. google has nothing to do with it.

And most of the custom roms like cynogenmod have it deleted.so you're better off using those
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:12   #6797
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the good news, how soon is the drop expected? Planning to buy a S2 and looking for advice on reliable vendors I can buy from and lower prices? I got a quote of 29K from the neighborhood shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Those who want to buy dual core / SII phones - Pl. wait for a few days as the SII price is expected to come down to 23-24k level from the current 30k in the coming days since samsung would be launching a newer model.
Old 2nd December 2011, 14:11   #6798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Those who want to buy dual core / SII phones - Pl. wait for a few days as the SII price is expected to come down to 23-24k level from the current 30k in the coming days since samsung would be launching a newer model.
& the new model you presume is the Google Nexus??
Cause i am on the verge of buying the SII & if that's the basis i guess it's easily going to be priced over 33k min cause of ICS & also cause the iPhone is in another dimension with regard to pricing so i don't think it would make much of a difference to the price of the hot-selling SII.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:07   #6799
BHPian

Maybe Samsung SIII?

iPhone Killer: New Samsung Galaxy S3 Specs Leaked - Channel News

Samsung Galaxy S3 Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
& the new model you presume is the Google Nexus??
Cause i am on the verge of buying the SII & if that's the basis i guess it's easily going to be priced over 33k min cause of ICS & also cause the iPhone is in another dimension with regard to pricing so i don't think it would make much of a difference to the price of the hot-selling SII.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:12   #6800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Maybe Samsung SIII?
Samsung Galaxy S3 Release Date
Thanks Shankyz for that piece of info. Interesting rumours on the S3.

But i don't think that's what Null was referring about as he said "few" days, moreover S3 is not going to be happening at least for another couple of months, even the link has an update saying mid 2012.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:28   #6801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the good news, how soon is the drop expected? Planning to buy a S2 and looking for advice on reliable vendors I can buy from and lower prices? I got a quote of 29K from the neighborhood shop.

bought it for 28k(best deal in the entire city) flat from spice gole market yesterday and its white in color .

As per the rates for S2 going down is a rumor, it was this expensive and will continue till a newer model is launched.

even used examples without bill and warranty cost 24k in gaffar market.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:44   #6802
BHPian

Thanks, Congratulations on the new purchase and that too at the lowest rate !!!

Did you get any freebies? can you PM me the contact details if you have them on the bill or elsewhere please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
bought it for 28k(best deal in the entire city) flat from spice gole market yesterday and its white in color .

As per the rates for S2 going down is a rumor, it was this expensive and will continue till a newer model is launched.

Pramod
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:51   #6803
Senior - BHPian

has anybody used LUKS manager (or any other crypt s/w) on android yet?
Old 3rd December 2011, 06:59   #6804
Senior - BHPian

Hey, any idea how much one can pay for a used HTC Desire? What is the thumb rule for used android mobiles?
Old 3rd December 2011, 08:57   #6805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey, any idea how much one can pay for a used HTC Desire? What is the thumb rule for used android mobiles?
It was last sold at 18K. A used and good piece should fetch 10-12K at the max.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 10:41   #6806
BHPian

Quote:
Next 6-7 days from what I heard last (on Thursday). Wait for it - Its worth the wait to save 5-6K if you are getting it at 28K at this moment
Old 3rd December 2011, 13:47   #6807
BHPian

I bought Samsung Tab 10.1 running on Android 3.1 OS (Honeycomb) yesterday .

I am trying to find some good software and games for the device.

As usual, the first port of call was Team-BHP. Soon found this thread and I was trying since then to find some suggestions.

My trouble is that this thread is so popular that it has it has close to 6800 replies and I have given up after struggling for a long time.

May I request other members to suggest some good software and games. Can I be given some addresses of good relevant sites.

Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:06   #6808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I bought Samsung Tab 10.1 running on Android 3.1 OS (Honeycomb) yesterday .

I am trying to find some good software and games for the device.

As usual, the first port of call was Team-BHP. Soon found this thread and I was trying since then to find some suggestions.

My trouble is that this thread is so popular that it has it has close to 6800 replies and I have given up after struggling for a long time.

May I request other members to suggest some good software and games. Can I be given some addresses of good relevant sites.

Thanks

If its your first android, just open the market app, and try out the apps listed under "top free" or "top paid"(whichever rocks your boat.)

Those usually give a good flavor.
Then you can progress to as and when you need something, and think "hey, maybe there's an app for this."
and you know what?
there usually is!!

case in point was , i found a sonar app to see how far objects in front of are at night when i was out camping!!
funky..
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:22   #6809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

Pramod
saar,

your information is patently wrong. besides the many online offers at around 27k - yebhi.com was selling it for 24.5k under coupons in sept end.

guahahahaha
Old 3rd December 2011, 19:27   #6810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
saar,

your information is patently wrong. besides the many online offers at around 27k - yebhi.com was selling it for 24.5k under coupons in sept end.

guahahahaha

Yebhi.com? ever bought anything from there? and how long will it take a week? i am saying i bought a white one for 28k off the shelf. And yes there will be a margin which every shop guy will charge and that margin is not applicable when bought off the internet. so how is my information wrong? before making such remarks atleast do your homework. I bought this from Delhi even if i live in kerala. I saw all the internet sites and nothing was cheaper than 27k and for 27k you will get a black one not a white one, white one is 28k with bill and 27k grey.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks