Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2011, 11:40   #6871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Now I have a silly problem - I LOVE angry birds seasons. But I hate the ads.

Now these fellows only have an ad supported android market version. any workarounds?

or must I install amazon appstore (who have an ad-free version) for the same? n how?
Old 7th December 2011, 11:46   #6872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman

Now these fellows only have an ad supported android market version. any workarounds?

or must I install amazon appstore (who have an ad-free version) for the same? n how?
Ads load only when data connection is on. Switch off data connection while playing the game.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:50   #6873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman

Hey nscollab rom on my nexus has an adblocker. I have never seen an ad after I switched to this rom,in any apps.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:57   #6874
BHPian

Guys, need inputs:

I have used an iPhone (first generation) for two years and then iPhone 3GS for some time and then moved back to BB. I want to try out Android platform now and looking forward to buy a device from Samsung or HTC. Last weekend I checked out Galaxy Note and was impressed with it, only thing I am unsure about is whether a devise of that size would be easy and comfortable to use as a Phone. Anyone using a Galaxy Note in this forum? Please provide your inputs, suggestions regarding devices available. Budget is 32-33k max.
Old 7th December 2011, 13:25   #6875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I am not able to see the "Offline" map option in this version
You may have to use the 'Labs' option for this: Menu/Settings/Labs/Pre-cache map area
Old 7th December 2011, 13:43   #6876
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the heads-up.
Does that mean the rates will be back to normal tomorrow?
I just downloaded the free version of Swiftkey X since my CM keyboard was not really good (plus I lost swype after upgrade).

Still experimenting with Swiftkey but it is surely better than the existing keyboard.

Is it really Rs. 5 + currency conversion charges?

Edit: If I change my ROM after a few days, what happens to the purchased software such ask Swiftkey? Do I have to pay again?

Last edited by S_U_N : 7th December 2011 at 13:47.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:13   #6877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Install adfree since u have a rooted phone. It works brilliantly for me on my Galaxy Ace.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:17   #6878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Guys, need inputs:

I have used an iPhone (first generation) for two years and then iPhone 3GS for some time and then moved back to BB. I want to try out Android platform now and looking forward to buy a device from Samsung or HTC. Last weekend I checked out Galaxy Note and was impressed with it, only thing I am unsure about is whether a devise of that size would be easy and comfortable to use as a Phone. Anyone using a Galaxy Note in this forum? Please provide your inputs, suggestions regarding devices available. Budget is 32-33k max.
Try the note out.it is too big for some,i suggest an HTC if you want to try out android.
The moto RAZR is a good option too,or you could wait for the galaxy nexus
Old 7th December 2011, 16:11   #6879
BHPian

Arre yaar! I purchased an app for 0.1 USD but I got 2 SMSes from my bank confirming my purchases of 5.15 INR and another for 51.5 INR!! I don't understand!! Hopefully that 51.5 INR will be returned?? Have to wait and see for my credit card statement.
Old 7th December 2011, 16:34   #6880
BHPian

Quote:
whitesquall,

I do nothing of the sort - no juice defender nothing. but no fancy wallpapers either. no data consuming widgets (the kind which motorola comes preloaded with).

Try this: *#*#INFO#*#* (motorola fones wonlee) - you will get Usage statistics. That lists programs using CPU cycles. see if there's any heavy user.
My dial pad has no option to type the alphabets! What is the best app for this please?
Old 7th December 2011, 16:49   #6881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
My dial pad has no option to type the alphabets! What is the best app for this please?
I used go dialer, or touchpal.
Old 7th December 2011, 17:23   #6882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Ads load only when data connection is on. Switch off data connection while playing the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Hey nscollab rom on my nexus has an adblocker. I have never seen an ad after I switched to this rom,in any apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Install adfree since u have a rooted phone. It works brilliantly for me on my Galaxy Ace.
Guys, Guys
I not only have adfree but I already have droidwall - seems none of you has played Angry Birds seasons

Without data - the game does not play.

Quote:
Guys, need inputs:

please use the search button and go back 3-5 pages in this thread.

my suggestion - use it for data consumption not as a primary device. too bulky - impossible 1 handed usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Is it really Rs. 5 + currency conversion charges?

Edit: If I change my ROM after a few days, what happens to the purchased software such ask Swiftkey? Do I have to pay again?
yes. no. its always available to download/reinstall.

Quote:
Try typing info on a numeric keypad phone. INFO=4636
Old 7th December 2011, 18:05   #6883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arre yaar! I purchased an app for 0.1 USD but I got 2 SMSes from my bank confirming my purchases of 5.15 INR and another for 51.5 INR!! I don't understand!! Hopefully that 51.5 INR will be returned?? Have to wait and see for my credit card statement.
Did you add the credit card to your Google account for the first time?

Google charges 1 USD to the credit card to verify authenticity. I guess this will be reverted back.
pulsar56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 19:17   #6884
BHPian

Quote:

I have just the adFree installed on my defy. The angrybirds Seasons works without ad on this one. I just played a couple of levels , just to make sure. Try updating the host file through adFree and reboot.
Old 7th December 2011, 21:12   #6885
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need inputs:

I have been using it for 20+ days, and must say amazing device. If you are ok with using Bluetooth headset then its excellent.

Dont worry about size and fitting in pocket. I dont find any issues with its portability.

Two hand operation is must, but tell me which touch phone dont need that. While with other you can do some basic functions via one hand, but majority of time you end up using both hands. With Note you always have to use both hands.

That massive 5.3" screen is damn good and resolution is just excellent, I can actually do a lot of stuff on it.

S Pen, S Memo, S Planner are very handy features, though would be used less but there are conditions where you need them.

I have tried opening and checking out the Office apps (Doc, Spreadsheet, Presentations) and believe me, Note is very much capable of letting you view them.

Most Viewed