Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 23:22   #7066
oss
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Has anyone used any coupon code in Letsbuy oflate? I have used LBCASHBACK7472663b for some time which gives a discount of upto Rs.814, but it stopped working now.None of the other coupon codes available in various forums seem to be working.

Have they stopped all coupons? If anyone has any coupon code that works, pl forward to me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th December 2011, 23:26   #7067
BHPian

Google has started pushing ICS updates OTA for Nexus S. Links are available through xda forums now. Just updated mine too. Have to see the performance now..
Anyone tried ?
Old 19th December 2011, 02:29   #7068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Thanks for your inputs D4d-maniac & Bluengel180

The display resolution is same in both the phones; ofcourse nothing ground breaking but ok for an entry level Android.

HTC did a smart thing of putting Sense 3.5.a variant which does away with lot of jazzy stuff, making it light on the meagre 600 MHz processor. I understand that is one reason Explorer fairs better on processer compared to Wildfire S, thought both are 600 MHZ.

I like everything about Explorer, except that i like the looks of Wildfire S more than Explorer :(
Hope you have noted that the HTC Explorer does not even have an Autofocus camera. For me thats a deal breaker.

Unless you get a 10% discount from Letsbuy, its not worth buying from them (just look at the number of complaints). One might very well buy from Flipkart (best) Its possible they will come out new coupon around Christmas or New Year. You could also check out other sellers like Buytheprice, etc. A friend got an upper range Galaxy from them at a price lower than I'v seen anywhere. I did not find CC, etc of BuythePrice to be good, but its not like Letsbuy is great in that respect either. So you have to choose the balance between price/service/T&C/reliability.

Last edited by Raccoon : 19th December 2011 at 02:30.
Raccoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 11:43   #7069
BHPian

Upgraded my Nexus S phone to the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 code and the new OS is awesome. The phone feels much snappier and there's no lag for any apps. Also the features are pretty good and you don't feel the need for any 3rd party launchers or customization tools.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:41   #7070
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Unless you get a 10% discount from Letsbuy, its not worth buying from them (just look at the number of complaints). One might very well buy from Flipkart (best) Its possible they will come out new coupon around Christmas or New Year. You could also check out other sellers like Buytheprice, etc. A friend got an upper range Galaxy from them at a price lower than I'v seen anywhere. I did not find CC, etc of BuythePrice to be good, but its not like Letsbuy is great in that respect either. So you have to choose the balance between price/service/T&C/reliability.
Wow! Awesome pricing at BuythePrice. How reliable is the site. Ofcourse, letsbuy is not great either. Thanks for suggesting this site.

Flipkart does not offer coupon discounts, right? Do they? I don't even see any provision to enter the coupon code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Hope you have noted that the HTC Explorer does not even have an Autofocus camera. For me thats a deal breaker.
Yes, i did notice that, but not sure if that really makes much of a difference in this range. For one, many companies use the term autofocus interchangeably even though the camera is nothing but a fixed focus. How many mobile cameras use motor mechanism etc, to offer true auto focus?

I may be wrong in my understanding above. Correct me if i am wrong.
Old 19th December 2011, 15:24   #7071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Awesome pricing at BuythePrice. How reliable is the site. Ofcourse, letsbuy is not great either. Thanks for suggesting this site.

Flipkart does not offer coupon discounts, right? Do they? I don't even see any provision to enter the coupon code
Site probably as reliable as Letsbuy (sarcasm intended ). Goes without saying that you should not expect service and speed like Flipkart (& probably their guarantee, etc), but you will get most things at lower price. As I mentioned, recently a friend bought an upper end Galaxy (cant recall model) and it was delivered sealed within a week or so. The price was also lowest I could find. But these things also depend on luck. If all goes well, it will go smoothly. If something goes wrong somewhere, you are likely to regret the professionalism of sites like Flipkart.

Quote:
Yes, i did notice that, but not sure if that really makes much of a difference in this range. For one, many companies use the term autofocus interchangeably even though the camera is nothing but a fixed focus. How many mobile cameras use motor mechanism etc, to offer true auto focus?
AF is required for macro shots/close ups. For me its very important. If it isn't for you, you can still consider the Explorer.

Aren't you considering the Optimus Net?
Raccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 17:11   #7072
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a GPS from buytheprice - Service is nowhere near Flipkart. I had to send 2 reminders for them to ship. However, they do have great prices.

Flipkart has stopped accepting coupons. Their pricing is not that great but service is fantastic.
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 17:34   #7073

Quote:
I had picked my Galaxy S+ from ButhePrice.com. While delivery took about 4 days in spite of ordering from the same base city, Hyderabad, it was still within their initial advisory of 7-8 days. So no actual complaints really, while offering the best prices in the market. You should also keep an eye out for their discounts coupons too, lowering the price even further!

Regards.
mushy876 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 17:52   #7074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Google has started pushing ICS updates OTA for Nexus S. Links are available through xda forums now. Just updated mine too. Have to see the performance now..
Anyone tried ?

Since u have updated, how good is UI and any network problems?

also i have picked up xperia active and from that phone you can call from underwater!! damn good
Old 19th December 2011, 20:36   #7075
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Upgraded my Nexus S phone to the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 code and the new OS is awesome. The phone feels much snappier and there's no lag for any apps. Also the features are pretty good and you don't feel the need for any 3rd party launchers or customization tools.
Will the update be available for samsung galaxy s plus? i plan to buy it so will be eager to know
Old 19th December 2011, 22:33   #7076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Since u have updated, how good is UI and any network problems?

also i have picked up xperia active and from that phone you can call from underwater!! damn good
UI is better than stock GB. Colour representation is better than previous releases. Network problem remains, as I am on BSNL

Active , I thought its always a better one compared to Defy and soon there will be an ICS update
Old 20th December 2011, 01:24   #7077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I use this software called Android Sync Manager. You need to have your laptop / pc and the.phone in the same network and you can use this software to sync your data wirelessly.

It will ask you to download a software on your computer too. Takes about 10 mins in total for setting it up.
Is this software wi-fi based? Will it work on ethernet?

I looked up in market and it says wifi at the end. how do you sync?

thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 08:58   #7078
Senior - BHPian

One problem i have recently noticed on my samsung android galaxy is suddenly the time (clock) would change to some other time. Usually its 30mins here or there. This stays like this for sometime and then later corrects itself on its own.

Anyone who has figured this out already?

Ps : figured this out. I had accidently chosen upate time through network instead of choosing a timezone manually. When i choose the timezone it corectly displas the time now.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 20th December 2011 at 09:04.
Old 20th December 2011, 09:49   #7079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Will the update be available for samsung galaxy s plus? i plan to buy it so will be eager to know
That update would be launched directly by Samsung, I remember reading somewhere that the SII should get it's update in Q1 2012.
Old 20th December 2011, 10:23   #7080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
figured this out. I had accidently chosen upate time through network instead of choosing a timezone manually. When i choose the timezone it corectly displas the time now.
I had seen this problem in Airtel recently. I have a SEK550i phone and Samsung Galaxy5 where I have set the time to sync with network provider. Airtel has been trying to set the timezone to GMT+5 instead of GMT+5:30.

Most Viewed