Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 12:50   #7081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Is this software wi-fi based? Will it work on ethernet?

I looked up in market and it says wifi at the end. how do you sync?

thanks
My Desktop is connected to the router using LAN Cable. And i connect the phone to the same router using wifi.

Basically the phone and the PC need to be in same network and then once setup you get a IP address on the screen of your phone which you need to uset to connect the PC & the phone.
Old 20th December 2011, 21:46   #7082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
My Desktop is connected to the router using LAN Cable. And i connect the phone to the same router using wifi.

Basically the phone and the PC need to be in same network and then once setup you get a IP address on the screen of your phone which you need to uset to connect the PC & the phone.
I did all that, but its not working. The phone says waiting to connect even after entering IP in pc and also entering the pin.

Dont know why this happens. Will give it a try again today. Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 07:31   #7083
BHPian

I came across some strange news yesterday. Has anyone heard anything about Samsung's android phones not being compatible with the Vodafone network ? My GT-i9000 does not connect to Vodafone anymore and the good folks at the Samsung service centre confirmed my apprehensions.

Anyone ?
Old 21st December 2011, 10:46   #7084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h
I came across some strange news yesterday. Has anyone heard anything about Samsung's android phones not being compatible with the Vodafone network ? My GT-i9000 does not connect to Vodafone anymore and the good folks at the Samsung service centre confirmed my apprehensions.

Anyone ?
My GT - i9003 connects to vodafone, I am posting this message from my phone connected on Vodafone 3G.
Old 21st December 2011, 11:48   #7085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Wow! Awesome pricing at BuythePrice. How reliable is the site. Ofcourse, letsbuy is not great either. Thanks for suggesting this site.
Hi all, I too need a discount coupon for Letsbuy. Anyone??
Old 21st December 2011, 11:55   #7086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h

Anyone ?
Recently VF in gujarat had some network changes and after that i did face some issues on my i9003 for a day or 2. But the VF cc helped me with it and things back on track. They made me delete the AP details and sent me new ones and after a quick restart, all is well.

Ps. Msging from i9003 (edge)
Old 21st December 2011, 12:03   #7087
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I have purchased a Galaxy S2 for 28 K. But unable to sync it with the Ford Figo bluetooth. My previous phones ZTE Blade and SE Cedar worked fine. Anyone tried it and succeeded syncing SGS2 on ford figo please let me know how.
Old 21st December 2011, 12:15   #7088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l

Don't both, the phone and the PC have to be on the same wifi network ? I guess it won't work with the PC on wired mode and the phone on wifi.
Old 21st December 2011, 14:35   #7089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Got an Xperia X8 to network unlock.

Rooted the phone in 10 minutes flat with SuperOneClick. But that's a long way still from network unlock. Torrenting a tool called SETool which hopefully will aid in network unlocking. Frustrated to see all this network unlocking being made a big business in the internet, where one has to pay ~ $50 to unlock a phone. Forums like XDA is useless when it comes to network unlock.
Finally network unlocked the Xperia X8. I used FastGSM.com service to do that. Basically you have to buy enough credit from their site, run an unlocking application in PC, connect the phone over USB and just click Unlock.

The application will talk to their server to see if I have enough credit to unlock the specified model and if found yes, it will proceed with unlock. The process takes about 5 minutes and one time you have to manually restart the phone, allow USB debugging and connect back to PC.

It costed 19.99 USD. There is no free or cheaper unlocking for X8 yet.
Old 21st December 2011, 14:39   #7090
Senior - BHPian

Here is a little something I just cooked up - its terribly WIP so bear with me for a week or two, but I hope it is useful for everyone:
Android App Recommendations | FreeRiding

Today, this thread has so many discussions on phone models and particular queries but not enough consolidated information on what applications one must look out for.

@clevermax - could you not have flashed a completely new ROM? I thought that's how SGS2 users were reporting doing it. btw, superoneclick takes under a minute - wonder how you took 10 min flat? lol bro!
Old 21st December 2011, 15:00   #7091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@clevermax - could you not have flashed a completely new ROM? I thought that's how SGS2 users were reporting doing it. btw, superoneclick takes under a minute - wonder how you took 10 min flat? lol bro!
Flashing a new ROM after rooting will not remove the network lock. The network lock resides somewhere else (called trim area, not sure its specific to SE) and ROM is not responsible for actually checking it in low level... it just gets to know that network is locked and that it should ask for the code.

SuperoneClick... I meant downloading the thing, connecting phone, mental preparation and then clicking and waiting time

Last edited by clevermax : 21st December 2011 at 15:05.
Old 21st December 2011, 15:12   #7092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Here is a little something I just cooked up - its terribly WIP so bear with me for a week or two, but I hope it is useful for everyone:
Android App Recommendations | FreeRiding

Today, this thread has so many discussions on phone models and particular queries but not enough consolidated information on what applications one must look out for.
Commendable effort @phamilyman! It definitely will help lot of us
Old 21st December 2011, 15:17   #7093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Flashing a new ROM after rooting will not remove the network lock. The network lock resides somewhere else (called trim area, not sure its specific to SE) and ROM is not responsible for actually checking it in low level... it just gets to know that network is locked and that it should ask for the code.
Exactly. Its just another part of the firmware - nothing else. The website tool just overwrote it and did nothing else.

So is it possible that a fully-capable SETool would have been able to do the job? no?
Old 21st December 2011, 15:25   #7094
BHPian

SGS2 - Ice Cream Sandwitch update

There is a good news for Samsung Galaxy SII owners. The Ice Cream Sandwitch update is coming to the handsets by March 2012.

Source: TechGuru FB Page

Cheers!
Irish
Old 21st December 2011, 16:18   #7095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
Exactly. Its just another part of the firmware - nothing else. The website tool just overwrote it and did nothing else.

So is it possible that a fully-capable SETool would have been able to do the job? no?
No way... As of now, there could be very crude methods which are risky or the easy paid method. I was there in setool forum and got to know that there is money involved for that too.

Most Viewed