Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 21:14   #7126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

my input is exactly on blue's lines except the lack of gorilla glass and the final conclusion.

i firmly believe dual core is the future - so what you buy today should be able to play everything you throw at it. ergo Galaxy R - at 20k there is NO better device.
Old 24th December 2011, 12:18   #7127
BANNED

Getjar is giving premium applications for Android Free (limited period).

GetJar | Mobile |
Old 24th December 2011, 19:09   #7128
BHPian

I need some help. Can someone please confirm if we can use the same gmail id to configure two android handsets? I have bought my 2nd android handset. What will happen if I configure this new handset with the same gmail id, I have on my earlier android phone. Is there any way that all the apps installed on my old phone are installed on my new handset as well and I can use both the handsets parallely for some time before I sell off the old phone.
Old 24th December 2011, 19:22   #7129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash
I need some help. Can someone please confirm if we can use the same gmail id to configure two android handsets? I have bought my 2nd android handset. What will happen if I configure this new handset with the same gmail id, I have on my earlier android phone. Is there any way that all the apps installed on my old phone are installed on my new handset as well and I can use both the handsets parallely for some time before I sell off the old phone.
Yes you can use same account on more than one phone.
Apps will have to be installed separately.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 19:24   #7130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
Yeah you can use the same account on two devices. You can have the same apps on both phones but they wont install automatically, if you've bought them you'll have to manually send them to the new device from the online version of android market .
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 23:22   #7131
BANNED

Motorola Droid RAZR Vs Samsung Galaxy s2

Dear all,

I am in a big confusion on choosing the right phone for myself,initially i thought of samsung ace then switched to galaxy s and s2.went to univercell to check out the s2 and the person there insisted that i have a look at new Motorola DROID RAZR .

+ve of RAZR
  • Strong body unlike flimsy plastic galaxy S2
  • 1850 Ah battery /long talk time
  • Suppose to be slimmest smartphone-not really a feature for changing my decision
  • HD Cameras and Super amoledHD display
  • I was told that google has taken over Motorola so product should be good

-ve
Motorola brand
2k expensive than S2
S2 sells more so better service back up

Now i dont know the technical detail of processor and motherboard or chipset,

SO request gurus here to let me know which is better ? Also will the price of morotola come down soon so that i can buy it at less than 33k?
Old 25th December 2011, 00:24   #7132
BHPian

Re: Motorola Droid RAZR Vs Samsung Galaxy s2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post

+ve of RAZR
  • Strong body unlike flimsy plastic galaxy S2Kevlar body.Razr wins hands down in the build department
  • 1850 Ah battery /long talk timeEven though it has a bigger battery the one on the razr is fixed,you cant change it for a higher powered one whereas you can get an aftermarket one for the S2
  • Suppose to be slimmest smartphone-not really a feature for changing my decisionFlaunt value
  • HD Cameras and Super amoledHD displayThe displays are not the same. the motorola razr has a Qhd display compared to the wvga of the S2,bigger is better
  • I was told that google has taken over Motorola so product should be goodHasnt yet, but will soon

-ve
Motorola brand Google will own it soon
2k expensive than S2higher resolution and better build/design,worth it
S2 sells more so better service back up

Now i dont know the technical detail of processor and motherboard or chipset,

SO request gurus here to let me know which is better ? Also will the price of morotola come down soon so that i can buy it at less than 33k?
Opinions in bold

I'd pick up the Motorola,Though the DEV community for the S2 is pretty huge the razr isnt far behind, Motorola has also launched a line of pretty funky accessories for the razr like the lapdock.

Here is a tech comparison Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II vs. Motorola DROID RAZR XT912 - GSMArena.com

Last edited by Bluengel180 : 25th December 2011 at 00:25.
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 09:17   #7133
BANNED

Finally managed to get Dinc2 to Gingerbread with the official Verizon ROM (2.3.3). See my post at Flash & Recovery Solutions For HTC Incredible 2 - Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) - Discussion Forums - Page 2. I hear somewhere that the Verizon upgrade to 2.3.4 is also available. MaybeI will wait for 2.3.5. Find the unit faster, and much lower battery consumption.

Last edited by sgiitk : 25th December 2011 at 09:18.
Old 25th December 2011, 09:49   #7134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Opinions in bold

I'd pick up the Motorola,Though the DEV community for the S2 is pretty huge the razr isnt far behind, Motorola has also launched a line of pretty funky accessories for the razr like the lapdock.

Here is a tech comparison Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II vs. Motorola DROID RAZR XT912 - GSMArena.com
Fixed battery,Thats gonna be a problem?

Now which one do you remommend if all i needs is a sturdy moblie with good battery backup and good browsing speed and good pictures as well...

Which will be the winner ,do you recommend me the Motorola????

I would require feedback from other people as well (especially if someone is already using)
Old 25th December 2011, 13:31   #7135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Tough call!

The galaxy R is faster, whereas the Incredible S has the better camera.But the incredible is laden with HTC sense goodness .whereas the R has a slightly bigger screen.

The Galaxy R has slightly better hardware (tegra 2 ) but as of now the incredible has better DEV support (i'm sure the R will catch up).

I would pick the incredible,i'm kinda biased towards HTC phones phones

HTC incredible/galaxy R users can chime in
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
my input is exactly on blue's lines except the lack of gorilla glass and the final conclusion.

i firmly believe dual core is the future - so what you buy today should be able to play everything you throw at it. ergo Galaxy R - at 20k there is NO better device.
Hmm, well. Thanks guys! What I'll do is, go and actually experience some of the devices I've not yet tried and eventually decide. I'll come back soon for further clarifications (I'm sure I'm bound to need some more help!)
Old 25th December 2011, 13:49   #7136
Senior - BHPian

Samsung Galaxy Fit or HTC Explorer? 5 MP camera over 3 MP camera not so important in decision.
Old 25th December 2011, 14:08   #7137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Samsung Galaxy Fit or HTC Explorer? 5 MP camera over 3 MP camera not so important in decision.
Galaxy fit is Qvga.avoid

Explorer looks good at that price point,not looking at sony erricson/acer liquid?
Old 25th December 2011, 14:11   #7138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Between Galaxy Fit and HTC Explorer, HTC Explorer is the better option because of better resolution(320*480 vs 240*320) and increased RAM.

LG Optimus NET scores some more points over the HTC Explorer with better battery backup, faster processor(800 MHz vs 600MHz) and a cheaper price(~10k). Another good option would be Motorola Fire XT which has a bigger screen and battery backup equivalent to LG Optimus NET for a greater price(~12k).

Motorola Fire XT also has a better camera 5MP and a front facing camera.

Mods-Please join these back to back posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th December 2011 at 15:08.
Old 25th December 2011, 15:34   #7139
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys. my am facing a issue with messaging in my galaxy s 9003. There is this lag while typing where in the alphabets does not get selected when pressed the first time. have to press it twice . I use a 3x4 layout of keyboard and not qwerty.

Also this problem occurs frequently if phone is in silent node. In normal mode its frequency is less.

Any idea what should I do for this?
Old 25th December 2011, 17:49   #7140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Dear all,

I am in a big confusion on choosing the right phone for myself,initially i thought of samsung ace then switched to galaxy s and s2.went to univercell to check out the s2 and the person there insisted that i have a look at new Motorola DROID RAZR .
Motorola RAZR XT has a SGX540 GPU, the same GPU runs in Galaxy S I9000 and is old now. Galaxy S II has a Mali 400 GPU which is a next generation GPU and runs much faster. Gaming and flash performance will be much better in Galaxy S II. The community support is very high in case of Galaxy S II which is another plus. Though Motorola RAZR XT has a higher resolution screen, the Galaxy S II uses Super Amoled Plus display which has RGB pixel arrangement(equal reds,greens and blues) and the Motorola RAZR XT uses PenTile matrix arrangement(more green than red and blue). So I would recommend Galaxy S II over Motorola RAZR XT.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks