Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2011, 18:04   #7141
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys. my am facing a issue with messaging in my galaxy s 9003. There is this lag while typing where in the alphabets does not get selected when pressed the first time. have to press it twice . I use a 3x4 layout of keyboard and not qwerty.

Also this problem occurs frequently if phone is in silent node. In normal mode its frequency is less.

Any idea what should I do for this?
The first thing you should do is synchronize all your contacts, messages, etc with your pc. I recommend you to better synchronize everything with outlook express etc than create a backup file. Also, copy all the files(songs, etc) from the device storage and copy it on your pc. Then do a master reset on your phone. This can be done from the appropriate menu option or by typing *2767*3855#. Do not enter this code before you have backed up everything. Next check if there is a firmware update for your phone using Samsung Kies. If there is an update available, update your phone to the latest firmware. After this has been done, synchronize your phone with your computer to get all your contacts,etc back on your phone. This should resolve your problems. If no update is available for your phone, you can manually update it by downloading the firmware and firmware update application from www.sammobile.com . Tell me if you want to know more about updating it manually, though there are very minimal risks involved in doing so. Cheers!
Old 25th December 2011, 19:32   #7142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head

The first thing you should do is synchronize all your contacts, messages, etc with your pc. I recommend you to better synchronize everything with outlook express etc than create a backup file. Also, copy all the files(songs, etc) from the device storage and copy it on your pc. Then do a master reset on your phone. This can be done from the appropriate menu option or by typing *2767*3855#. Do not enter this code before you have backed up everything. Next check if there is a firmware update for your phone using Samsung Kies. If there is an update available, update your phone to the latest firmware. After this has been done, synchronize your phone with your computer to get all your contacts,etc back on your phone. This should resolve your problems. If no update is available for your phone, you can manually update it by downloading the firmware and firmware update application from www.sammobile.com . Tell me if you want to know more about updating it manually, though there are very minimal risks involved in doing so. Cheers!

Thanks for the solution. But mine is the latest ginger bread which was installed by the service center when I had given the phone to them to change the display.

One things i have observed is there is no lag if I turn on the option which enables the click sound if I press any key. Also the lag is max when I type something in silent mode!

I feel this is the weirdest problem someone could have faced. And this problem was there even when the old froyo was there on this phone! I am stumped
Old 25th December 2011, 21:22   #7143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Thanks for the solution. But mine is the latest ginger bread which was installed by the service center when I had given the phone to them to change the display.
Does your phone vibrate with every press on the keyboard? If yes, try turning the vibration off and the lag might get fixed.
Old 26th December 2011, 12:23   #7144
BANNED

I personally think that htc Sense is the Best interface. Everybody has similar models so the rest does not matter.

I have a problem. For the past few months my Dinc2 (htc/Verizon) is not synching the contacts with Google (Google is not updating). How do I fix this - the phone contacts are more correct and recent.

Incidentally, my Dinc2 is on GB 2.3.3 now!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 12:31   #7145
BANNED

Hi All,

Is there a chance of any new model coming above galaxy s2? and also i was told that mobile prices will be increased in jan 2012,is that true?
Old 26th December 2011, 12:38   #7146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All,

Is there a chance of any new model coming above galaxy s2? and also i was told that mobile prices will be increased in jan 2012,is that true?
Google Nexus Prime is scheduled to launch by end of Jan 2012. The prices will drop at the usual rate like always.
Old 26th December 2011, 13:26   #7147
BHPian

I know, it has ICS already

But the brand name puts people off i guess.

Last edited by GTO : 27th December 2011 at 14:21. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 26th December 2011, 14:05   #7148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I personally think that htc Sense is the Best interface. Everybody has similar models so the rest does not matter.

I have a problem. For the past few months my Dinc2 (htc/Verizon) is not synching the contacts with Google (Google is not updating). How do I fix this - the phone contacts are more correct and recent.

Incidentally, my Dinc2 is on GB 2.3.3 now!
I too was facing the same problem after updating to GB. Finally it got resolved. This is how I did it:
1. Take back up of your contacts on the phone using the stock contacts app and save a copy of the .vcf file on your PC. Then delete all contacts.
2. Also go to Setting>contacts app>delete data (cache).
3. Login to your google account on your PC.
4. Take a backup of all contacts.
5. Delete all contacts on google.
6. From your google account, go to import contacts and import the vcf file earlier saved from the phone.
7. Thats it!
8. Try synching your phone with google and if everything is right, you will get back all contacts in "synchable" form. If not, atleast you have a backup file to restore.
Old 26th December 2011, 15:49   #7149
BANNED

@anuragn; I did something similar. Except I did not delete contacts on GMail. Imported the file, and then used Google's own tricks to remove the dupes. Now I may try to synch with my wife's Sammy otherwise will delete the phone-book and then try and resynch. Also, htc-sync is pretty useless, in that it can export a phone book but not import it from the phone.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:21   #7150
Senior - BHPian

He he..one of my uncles calls up and he wants my opinion about these two only... hence the question :P I told him about xcd and lg models also but he is so particular about Sammy & HTC.

Last edited by GTO : 27th December 2011 at 14:22. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 26th December 2011, 16:26   #7151
BHPian

Guys, my 1.5 yrs old Motorola Milestone has bricked. Now I am in urgent need of an android device to replace the milestone. Considering my budget, I have shortlisted the following:
1. LG Optimus 2x - Rs 19,900
2. Samsung Galaxy R - Rs 20,900
The Galaxy R looks great on all counts but doesn't have gorilla glass protection, so easy scratches are almost certain.
I am more inclined towards the Optimus 2x but online reviews say that the in-call volume is rather low even at the highest setting. If this is not an issue, I am going to place my order right away. Can owners comment on this?
I look forward to quick replies.
Old 27th December 2011, 11:42   #7152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All,

New models are always around the corner. Right now, there is a SIII going to be announced in Q1 2012. It boasts of a Quad Core Exynos processor and a 720p screen. Expect it to be announced in the Mobile World Congress to be held in Barcelona (Feb 27th to March 1st).
http://www.fudzilla.com/mobiles/item...i-coming-in-q1

For the flight simulation fans in here, XPlane is coming up with an Android version of its simulator. But in the specs they have mentioned, it needs a "relatively powerful" mobile to handle the same.

X-Plane for Android - X-Plane.com

Last edited by _raVan_ : 27th December 2011 at 11:50.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 12:24   #7153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
Guys, my 1.5 yrs old Motorola Milestone has bricked. Now I am in urgent need of an android device to replace the milestone. Considering my budget, I have shortlisted the following:
The specs of these phones are very similar and the community and developer support for these phones is very good too. Galaxy R has a 1GB of RAM and Optimus 2X has half of it, which means multitasking performance will be better in case of Galaxy R. Browsing with multiple tabs open will also be better in case of Galaxy R. Whereas in case of camera comparison, the Optimus 2X has a 8MP camera which is an advantage. The video recording is also better in case of Optimus 2X which is 1080p, but there is a chance that Galaxy R will also get 1080p recording in the future(community mod) as the processor is same. So simply put, it's a matter of double the RAM vs camera performance.
Old 27th December 2011, 13:04   #7154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
The Galaxy R looks great on all counts but doesn't have gorilla glass protection, so easy scratches are almost certain.
I am more inclined towards the Optimus 2x but online reviews say that the in-call volume is rather low even at the highest setting. If this is not an issue, I am going to place my order right away. Can owners comment on this?
I look forward to quick replies.
I am in the same dilemma as you. Samsung Galaxy R looks more promising with more RAM, better branding, more battery life and stock software being better.

Only concern is that Developer scene regarding Custom ROMS and rooting is very less in case of Galaxy R. Could anyone confirm whether Galaxy R with its own forum on XDA would help in fast development of Custom ROMS such as Cynogenmod, MIUI ?
Old 27th December 2011, 13:22   #7155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
= So simply put, it's a matter of double the RAM vs camera performance.

Thanks, but I was looking for opinions on the call quality of the Optimus 2x which, as claimed by online reviews, is too low. I am not such a heavy user and plan to install only a handful of apps. Has the call quality issue (if existent) been resolved by the gingerbread update or it still persists?
The only reason I am avoiding the Galaxy R is the lack of gorilla glass protection, as I know its importance - my bricked milestone has it.

Most Viewed