Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 18:17   #7396
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 I9220 Thread : Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
If you wear trousers you can. Jeans? Forget it.
With Jeans you have wear Shirt with pocket, then you can carry comfortably. No tshirts please.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:26   #7397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Well i dont think i am going to use the bluetooth or the handsfree either.

But i am concerned about the size from the pov of it being pocket-able and being convenient to carry around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
If you wear trousers you can. Jeans? Forget it.

It can very well fit in jeans except for the Tight Fits.

But the point is - Will you be comfortable to use such a huge Phablet? Even if you are 6 Feet, I am sure, one can not operate it with singe hand. Moreover, it looks different (awkward) when you talk on such a huge phone.

If you want a Mobile phone then go for SGS2. Don't think that by paying a difference of 2K, you are getting bigger phone. If you are comfortable with the size then only go for it.

I would advise you to visit a dealer and have a look at both (Note & SGS2). Notice the difference between the two by making (dialing a number) a call, speaking with somebody using the phone, keeping one by one in your pockets. You will have the answer.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 18:39   #7398
BHPian

i got my note few days back , i was using galaxy tab earlier , it fits well in to pants but not into the tight ones ,screen is brilliant , its quite fast and you can multitask as well , i have installed syigic its comes very handly as good GPS as well .

I was looking out to buy Iphone 4 compared both note was miles ahead in all aspects (thats my personnel opinion ) overall quite satisfied with the product ...

Regards
Abhishek
Old 17th January 2012, 19:34   #7399
BHPian

Quote:
Well i dont think i am going to use the bluetooth or the handsfree either.

But i am concerned about the size from the pov of it being pocket-able and being convenient to carry around.
Go to the store wearing your tightest pair of jeans.pocket the demo piece and walk around a bit
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 21:34   #7400
Senior - BHPian

Well i did go to croma and checked out the phone and liked it a lot

I am ok with the size when it comes to typing a little with one hand and talking on it

But am still unsure if i will be really comfortable carrying it in my pocket on a daily basis. .

@ all note owners - do you think its a matter of time and i will get comfortable over a period of time? I have a desk job and travel to work by car

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 17th January 2012 at 21:35.
Old 17th January 2012, 22:24   #7401
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

If you like it then buy it. Its not the end of the world. And definitely not the last cell phone you will be buying.
Anyways electronic items specially the cell-phones have a short life. Technology changes too fast.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 22:45   #7402
BHPian

Quote:
Well i did go to croma and checked out the phone and liked it a lot

I am ok with the size when it comes to typing a little with one hand and talking on it

But am still unsure if i will be really comfortable carrying it in my pocket on a daily basis. .

@ all note owners - do you think its a matter of time and i will get comfortable over a period of time? I have a desk job and travel to work by car
Yes, dad has a Note and I used it for the first 2 weeks. Awesome battery life, much better than any Android I've used. About carrying, then yes, it's pretty light weight and will fit in your pocket easily. But if you have a habit of wearing tight jeans, then you might have a few problems. I used to do ~70 kms on my bike with the note in my pocket, never had any problems while riding. You get comfortable over a period of time and then using any mobile smaller than the note will make you feel that the other's are so tiny!
Old 18th January 2012, 00:11   #7403
BHPian

ive been having pretty bad battery life lately with my Defy. Im running 2.3.4, but i installed Go Messenger a few days back. Is that program the culprit?
Old 18th January 2012, 02:13   #7404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
ive been having pretty bad battery life lately with my Defy. Im running 2.3.4, but i installed Go Messenger a few days back. Is that program the culprit?
Have you checked the battery stats, it will show you the % of batt used by applications with name.

If you are root on your phone, you can full charge the phone and once 100% charged try doing battery calibration, you can download battery calibration from market.

Also if your phone is a year old, battery shows signs of swelling, don't waste your time and buy a new battery, atleast this was the case with my SG3.
Old 18th January 2012, 05:45   #7405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

of course, we were all comfortable carrying around RETROBRICK - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones - we evolve.

Frankly, if you enjoy carrying or being seen carrying such a large phone, then power to you man. Many posts have been written by many people - ultimately its your call to be taken!
Old 18th January 2012, 09:34   #7406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Can you clarify how much exactly are you getting on Defy now? My wifey's Defy gives 1.5 days on an average with full time Exchange sync and average usage.
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 09:38   #7407
BHPian

I used to have a Dell Streak when I was in the UK. Flashed the crap out of it but never really adjusted to the size of the phone especially if its your primary phone. Sold it and got the GSII.

In the same logic and experience of using the Streak I am staying away from the Note and my GS2 is just the perfect balance.
Old 18th January 2012, 09:51   #7408
Senior - BHPian

To the users of Galaxy S2, there is an official update flashed on the Kies from Samsung. I suppose its the 2.3.6 one. I was unable to update mine, has anyone done it successfully?

Also, downloaded an app called Easy-Battery, which has been helping me extend the battery hours by almost 20 to 30%.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 18th January 2012 at 09:54.
Old 18th January 2012, 12:45   #7409
BHPian

I'm looking to upgrade to a mid-range android. Looking at Galaxy S Plus and Galaxy R as of now. Need some advice on these.. I have read all the comparos available on the web, still not able to decide.

This is what I have gathered so far.

Galaxy R has lesser data speeds ( Not sure how it's going to impact us in India, as a consistent 3G network seems too far)

Galaxy R is dual core ( there by faster/more multitasking/future proof ???)

AMOLED on Galaxy S plus is better than SLCD on Galaxy R.

Longer Battery life for Galaxy S Plus

Lighter and thinner - Galaxy S Plus.

Lesser RAM ( 512 vs 1 GB) on Galaxy S plus compared to R.

I like Custom ROMs, so would want to know the expected community interest/support for these models too.
Old 18th January 2012, 13:16   #7410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
To the users of Galaxy S2, there is an official update flashed on the Kies from Samsung. I suppose its the 2.3.6 one. I was unable to update mine, has anyone done it successfully?

Also, downloaded an app called Easy-Battery, which has been helping me extend the battery hours by almost 20 to 30%.
Is yours the G version?

wow 20 ~ 30%. I should give it a try then. You haven't rooted your Galaxy S2 right?

Most Viewed