Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2012, 10:45   #7516
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Then i think it is better to wait for few charge and discharge cycles. Battery issue and somehow related to the phone ? How ? Did you try the usual factory reset and other stuff ?

My i9003 is 10 months old, it takes time to reach 100%. As soon as i disconnect it from the charger within 1 hr, the phone reaches 90% and from there it seems to hold the charge well. I am already starting to think my battery is giving up. Any idea what is the warranty on the battery ? Is it 6months or 1yr ?
I'm at the 6th charge/discharge, so I'm thinking that the battery is seasoned and should start delivering. As mentioned earlier, the battery retains charge if kept out of the phone after a charge, meaning that the problem is with the phone.

You will get 6 months warranty for a replacement battery. I went with this one for mine.

The battery that came with the phone tolerated me for 15 months, so you still have some time. Although, you can have a spare if required. I went for these one and two as well. They are compatible with my i9000.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:05   #7517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I need details on how good the service was, how the product was delivered, were there any tense moments as there is no COD option. Details like quality of service and necessity to contact the call center etc.

The details are there on the site. If you have an airtel number, you just need to enter the same and click verify and they will send a verification code to your phone, and if you u use the verification code you will get a discount code. visit the site to get a feel.
i had bought my galaxy 9003 from sulekha. had got it within a week.
initially i was panicked when i didnt see any delivery/courier details updated
on their site. but some 3rd or 4th day the details were available. also the customer care was reachable via emails, in my case.
overall, at least u can expect a delayed delivery of products.
There are other (relatively newly launched)sites that quote very attractive prices but which cancel the order as per their convenience.
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 16:35   #7518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hi,

I do not have singapore, Indonesia, India..instead it shows it is under Hongkong, Taiwan Optus SEA 2.59...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Saar,

There are 3 tabs - under APAC tab you should see that one.

Else download and install the latest one from: [Tool] basebandswitcher V4 multilanguage V0.7 (22.07.2011) - xda-developers
Just replying to some old posts.
I did a road trip of around 2000 KM and realized that my phone would go off the network in smaller towns. In large cities, I had no issues.
(I am on IDEA network with 3G enabled)

I think the issue was due to the fact that I am a 3G subscriber and not all mobile towers (especially in smaller towns) support 3G.
In those locations, my phone was off the network completely - I could not send/make/ receive messages or calls.
After playing around with all settings and enabling 2G mode, I realized this issue could be due to baseband settings.

Somehow I managed to switch to another baseband, connect via 2G and download baseband switcher app from market.
Then I selected "India, Singapore..." settings and rebooted.
Suddenly I was seeing full network. So it was confirmed that incorrect baseband settings were causing problems for me.

Now, back in my home circle, I have seen that call drops have reduced drastically and I get full network even in my office basement parking (earlier, I was getting no network in basement).

So, Defy users using CM7, please select the correct baseband (should have India in it) and then see the network connectivity difference.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 10:00   #7519
BHPian

Do you guys know how I cant tell if my Vodafone or any SIM is 64k or not ? I know my Airtel sim is 64k because it says so on it. A search shows a lot of Airtel 64k SIM related airticles and discussions, which leads me to believe that they are the only one's supporting it.
Old 26th January 2012, 23:56   #7520
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone bought the SGS2 official 2000 mah extended battery from Samsung?

Is it available in India officially? If yes, any idea at what cost?
Old 27th January 2012, 08:39   #7521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010
Any one tried any custom rom on Note and can give some feedback

My SGS runs on CM7(and i really dont see a point moving to another rom)

SGS2 runs on CM9 which is another speed demon.

Note is on standard rom and yet to find a compelling reason to get custom roms. Anyone with Note can share their experience please?
Is there an official release of CM9? I think current ones are not proper releases and are quite buggy.
Old 27th January 2012, 09:32   #7522
BHPian

Any Galaxy R users here?Can you please give review of your phone?
Old 27th January 2012, 10:43   #7523
Senior - BHPian

Finally bought the Galaxy note from the mobile store. Cost me 32.6 K, goodies include car charger, 1 year extended warranty, 0% processing/interest fees for conversion to EMI.

I am loving the phone to the T!
Old 27th January 2012, 13:21   #7524
Senior - BHPian

The Note's screen is flickering when it is becoming dim. So the transition from bright screen to timed out screen is not smooth, it flickers a lot before its gets dim more like difference between smooth braking and ABS controlled braking. Does it happen to anyone else? I tried all the permutations and combinations involving auto brightness, auto power save etc, nothing works!
Old 27th January 2012, 14:00   #7525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
The Note's screen is flickering when it is becoming dim. So the transition from bright screen to timed out screen is not smooth, it flickers a lot before its gets dim more like difference between smooth braking and ABS controlled braking. Does it happen to anyone else? I tried all the permutations and combinations involving auto brightness, auto power save etc, nothing works!
It has got to do with the way auto brightness is handled in that ROM. In ROMs like cyanogen, you get a lot of controls to tweak, like widow length, reset threshold, sample interval, hysteresis, custom dim levels and so on.
Old 27th January 2012, 21:26   #7526
Senior - BHPian

Got to agree with Clevermax. The Cynogen mod is something different from the standard samsung OS.

My samsung galaxy S feels exactly like my stock S2. I am using Checkrom in S2 and there is a difference.

But CM7 by far is the best rom i have ever used in galaxy s and for somereason the charging speed is also atleast doubled is what i feel.
Old 27th January 2012, 23:13   #7527
Distinguished - BHPian

Been planning, in an unhurried way, for a Defy+: should I wait for the Samsung Xcover to arrive before deciding? Samsung seems to be in the lead these days.
Old 28th January 2012, 01:37   #7528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
Been planning, in an unhurried way, for a Defy+: should I wait for the Samsung Xcover to arrive before deciding? Samsung seems to be in the lead these days.
Using a samsung galaxy.s lcd. I am waiting for the motorola beats to be unleashed in the future, now that google owns motorola.
Old 28th January 2012, 15:21   #7529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150

Using a samsung galaxy.s lcd. I am waiting for the motorola beats to be unleashed in the future, now that google owns motorola.
I meant beasts. Not beats, typo. I have seen the episode on gadget guru, about the recent ces show, motorola has a line up of powerful phones coming up
Old 28th January 2012, 17:45   #7530
BHPian

Guys need just one clarification: I might buy an android phone in the coming days and I was not sure about transferring contacts from my current phone to an Android device. I am currently using Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic - S60 OS. I also have Nokia PC suite on my system. Can contacts be transferred directly from the SIM? Or do I need to save all the contacts from my current phone to the computer and then transfer the contacts to the new phone? How it works? Any help will be appreciated. Should I post this in the mobiles thread? I thought since I was shifting to android I should post here.

Most Viewed