Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2012, 09:02   #7636
BHPian

I brought Sony Ericsson xperia neo v, at 17.5 k from local shop. The phone is simply amazing, best value for money phone. Great display, perfect screen size for my requirement, amazing Facebook integration, and I like this Sony UI, even battery is acceptable. Cam is also good with almost digi cam like features. And best part is HDMI out and it works perfect. Am not crazy for games but tried few games and works perfect.
Those who are in hunt for a mid range Android have a look at this model, and white looks classy in real.
Also this phone will get Ice cream sanwitch update in March.:-)
parimal_g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 12:46   #7637
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Anyone using Launcher7?
It is a minimalistic launcher which lets you have a WP7 fusion in your Android home screen

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot1328335915600.png
Old 5th February 2012, 01:09   #7638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax
Anyone using Launcher7?
It is a minimalistic launcher which lets you have a WP7 fusion in your Android home screen
Hey i have downloaded it on my S2.
But not able to activate it. Can you guide me on that.
Old 5th February 2012, 14:27   #7639
BHPian

Hi friends

Finally after breaking my head, i have shortlisted with all these phones. Please suggest any one of these.My main requirements are good browsing, good interface, reasonably good camera etc.

1) Moto Defy +
2)SE Neo V
3)Galaxy S LCD i9003 (Is it 2.3 Ginger bread)
4)LG Optimus Sol E730.

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th February 2012, 15:55   #7640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Hey i have downloaded it on my S2.
But not able to activate it. Can you guide me on that.
All it needs to activate any launcher is to press home key, select the newly installed Launcher after checking the box to make it default. There is a free and a paid version of this launcher, I use the paid version.

Name:  screenshot1328437605161.png
Views: 724
Size:  124.2 KB

Last edited by clevermax : 5th February 2012 at 15:58.
Old 5th February 2012, 18:53   #7641
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and bought the SGS2 (I9100G) from Alfa for Rs 29.5k. This is my first Android and I am still trying to figure out the basics. Transferring contacts via Gmail was a breeze! I have a few questions though:

1. I have not put any Screen Guard on the phone yet. I see that the touch screen has a lot of hand impressions which I try to clean with a cloth. Have you guys put any screen guard on SGS2? Is it worth it?

2. Where to save apps when downloading from the market- Internal memory or the 16GB card - I am talking about apps like Angry Birds, Whatspp etc - When we install them do we get an option of saving them wherever we want?

3. While messaging I am using entry by Voice option - Does this feature use GPRS? How do I monitor how much data I have used by using GPRS - Is there an app preinstalled for this?

4. In Nokia in Inbox, I used to know how many messages I have in my Inbox and how many messages I have sent in a day - Since Android uses thread system is it possible to check how many messages I have sent in a day?

5. Can I add some favourite contacts on the home screen? I have about 7-8 contacts which I would like to have on my home screen so that I can call/msg them without opening Contacts application.
Old 5th February 2012, 20:12   #7642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007
Hi friends

Finally after breaking my head, i have shortlisted with all these phones. Please suggest any one of these.My main requirements are good browsing, good interface, reasonably good camera etc.

1) Moto Defy +
2)SE Neo V
3)Galaxy S LCD i9003 (Is it 2.3 Ginger bread)
4)LG Optimus Sol E730.

Thanks in advance.
SE neo v is the best out of the rest. It will get ICS update in March. Galaxy S does not have flash and does not get official ICS.
Old 5th February 2012, 20:57   #7643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Finally took the plunge and bought the SGS2 (I9100G) from Alfa for Rs 29.5k. This is my first Android and I am still trying to figure out the basics. Transferring contacts via Gmail was a breeze! I have a few questions though:

Congrats!

1. I have not put any Screen Guard on the phone yet. I see that the touch screen has a lot of hand impressions which I try to clean with a cloth. Have you guys put any screen guard on SGS2? Is it worth it?

I guess it is better without the guard IMO

2. Where to save apps when downloading from the market- Internal memory or the 16GB card - I am talking about apps like Angry Birds, Whatspp etc - When we install them do we get an option of saving them wherever we want?

You can dl them to ext memory card but widget options might be restricted..angry birds is fine, but whatsapp is not - it actually depends on the application dl whether to put them in phone memory or otherwise!

3. While messaging I am using entry by Voice option - Does this feature use GPRS? How do I monitor how much data I have used by using GPRS - Is there an app preinstalled for this?

You can DL 3G watchdog - it monitors your GPRS use

4. In Nokia in Inbox, I used to know how many messages I have in my Inbox and how many messages I have sent in a day - Since Android uses thread system is it possible to check how many messages I have sent in a day?

Check the message settings - some phones have the counters - am not sure of your specific model!

5. Can I add some favourite contacts on the home screen? I have about 7-8 contacts which I would like to have on my home screen so that I can call/msg them without opening Contacts application.
Ofcourse you can add favorites as well as speed dials - check the android market for specifics and explore / enjoy

Touchpal dialer is one such option that has both pf the above!

Old 5th February 2012, 21:08   #7644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
SE neo v is the best out of the rest. It will get ICS update in March. Galaxy S does not have flash and does not get official ICS.
For defy plus is there official update of ICS.
Old 5th February 2012, 21:25   #7645
BHPian

What is the difference between Vodafone Live and Vodafone Mobile Connect? I activated GPRS on my phone and got some messages on my phone regarding the settings - One for Browser, one for MMS etc. When I open the message there is an Install option (in SGS2). I click on it and it shows "Successfully Installed". Is there anything else I need to do to use GPRS? OR just installing is fine? WAP and GPRS are different things? I am getting confused here, Can someone using Vodafone please tell me what to use? (I am on the 2GB for Rs99 offer to be clear - This is a part of a corporate plan)
Old 5th February 2012, 22:02   #7646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the difference between Vodafone Live and Vodafone Mobile Connect? I activated GPRS on my phone and got some messages on my phone regarding the settings - One for Browser, one for MMS etc. When I open the message there is an Install option (in SGS2). I click on it and it shows "Successfully Installed". Is there anything else I need to do to use GPRS? OR just installing is fine? WAP and GPRS are different things? I am getting confused here, Can someone using Vodafone please tell me what to use? (I am on the 2GB for Rs99 offer to be clear - This is a part of a corporate plan)
Use vodafone mobile connect. Thats all i can say. dont know the difference though, dont remember it any more, ever since I moved to vodafone 3g
Old 5th February 2012, 22:08   #7647
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats ! You have choosen arguably world's best smartphone. Suggestions to your queries:

1. You can put screen guard to avoid fingerprints. Keep soft cloth to wipe which is used to clean spectacles. It has scratch resistant Gorilla Glass and no need to worry when keys and phone both are in your pocket.

2. While downloading from android market, it will save in internal memory by default and later you can move to SD card like this: Settings>Applications>Manage applications>choose which application to be moved to SD card. In case if you need more memory, you can root the system which provide more usage of system's unused memory, but it voids warranty. Cynogenmod is one way of rooting.

3. While messaging, if you use voice talk, it do not use GPRS. For monitoring GPRS usage, there are many application in android market. When you get official Icecream sandwich update, it has inbuilt internet data usage monitor. You can review and use internet moderately.

4. I think you cannot keep message count.

5. You can add contact in home screen, like this: press let key of phone on home screen>click add+>click shortcuts>click contact>choose which contact. It will show that contact on home screen.

The cool feature in this mobile is you can watch movies in pen drive by attaching OTG Calble.........Enjoy !
Old 5th February 2012, 23:27   #7648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can I add some favourite contacts on the home screen? I have about 7-8 contacts which I would like to have on my home screen so that I can call/msg them without opening Contacts application.
Go to home screen
Click the options button (the one left of the Home Key)
Choose Add
Choose Shortcuts

For QuickDial : Choose Direct Dial
For Quick Message : Choose Direct Message.

Old 6th February 2012, 10:02   #7649
BANNED

It seems that the data settings of the phone were wrong. They were gprsnorth, etc. After a lot of hunting I found the settings as bsnlportal, bsnlnet, bsnlmms, and bsnlwap. I have attatched the file. I had to do it twice since after the OTA upgrade to 3.3.5 the settings were lost.
Device Settings-North Zone.pdf
Old 6th February 2012, 12:00   #7650
BHPian

Guys should i go in for the galaxy r?Buying it today.Is it future proof?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks