Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 09:57   #8431
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
@Ampere - Is the phone fast and snappy without any lag ?
I wont say its is as snappy has S2. But it is fast! There is no lag at all.
Also having said that I am not at it all the time. For my needs it is snappy.

Also I am not into rooting the phone and in that direction. I am just looking at
out of the box usage. Its perfect for that.
Old 4th April 2012, 09:59   #8432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Interesting perspective. Its okay for BB then - I am boring too That said, can't get Chacha's lovely looks/form factor out of my head. plus its got a better screen than the BB...

Believe me, Chacah screen is not good at all plus it is so small you don't have space. If indeed required do take a look at Samsung Galaxy Y pro (better internal memory and battery) and take a serious look at SE xperia mini pro SK 17i (similar battery but great display, good size, qwerty and better internal memory plus better processor)

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th April 2012 at 10:45. Reason: quote tag fixed :)
Old 4th April 2012, 10:11   #8433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys (BTW.. is it only me, or has the 'thanks' button gone ?)
Yup, the THANKS button disappears often for me too!!
Old 4th April 2012, 10:24   #8434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

----snip----
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Yup, the THANKS button disappears often for me too!!
The KRAs of the thanks button have been reworked.
He is no longer responsible for the non-auto threads.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:37   #8435
BHPian

Quote:

Others - I have the chance to buy a new phone and pass the defy onto the wife. Between HTC Chacha and BB9300, what do you advise? The broad budget is 12k and i NEED a qwerty.
How about the desire Z ? some websites and ebay still have some in stock
Old 4th April 2012, 10:42   #8436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Are your hands wet/sweaty? capacitive screens register water droplets as touch.and can go crazy if the screen is wet
Hands are dry and clean too. So is the screen.

Quote:
That sounds like the Motorola Defy (or Defy+) - does it happen while plugged in? That is the typical case. Take it out of charging and it should function just fine. Max, lock/unlock it. Don;t ask me why though.
The screen issue does not happen when connected to a charger but intermittently and unpredictably.

So yesterday, i kept a close watch on my phone and it was fine all day and the problem occurred only in evening. I played a couple of games in the day and nothing happened. Please note, while the screen goes awry the phone does vibrate just like it does when one presses the back button many times when in the home screen. So anyway, the screen issue popped up late in the evening and this was when wireless was not active, not even scanning, charger not connected, hands were clean, screen was clean - no smudges or dirt on the screen as i had wiped it clean (had a screen guard), no downloads, uploads, nothing happening and when a call came through the phone went berserk - blips of vibrations, none of the keys work (home, back, menu etc.). Had to do the on off thing again and take the call.

Noticed that the battery was low (at around 30%) and figured this was the problem.

But another surprise for me.... left the phone charging overnight and in the morning switched it off for a couple of mins and turned it on again. I thought low battery was the culprit but again a couple of times the issue cropped up. So disappointing. As i type this, the issue has occurred for at least 3-4 times since morning. Oh yeah, while this is happening, the screen orientation changes when the handset is tilted so no problem with the accelerometer (?). So beats me what the problem is!!!

I spoke to the Motorola service center in Blore (Fine Fone Solutions) yesterday and they said they will provide a DOA letter so i can exchange the handset for a new one from where i bought it. This replacement is possible only within 7 days for motorola phones. Going to get the DOA later today and a new instrument too.

Damn, i have to do all the customizations and data transfer all over again

Quote:
Thanks button is deactivated for the Shifting Gears section.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th April 2012 at 10:43.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:20   #8437
Senior - BHPian

Few days into the Sense 3.5 ROM Runnymede, I am "Runny"ing into issues. sdcard filesystem was corrupted yesterday but managed to fix it using 4EXT recovery. Phone became so slow and sometimes it has lags to open even frequently used apps like e-mail. The default e-mail client became so slow so I had to revert back to good old K9. The sms app became slow, so I installed GO-Sms app. The notification sometimes refuses to come along my thumb when I try to pull it down. Overall, there is absolutely no SMOOTHNESS of the UI.

I am done with Sense ROMs, they are not smooth at all as Launcher Pro on an AOSP. Those who feel that Sense ROMs are smooth, haven't used Launcher Pro. I loved the widgets on Sense 3.5 but I can't use a ROM which is not fast enough as my fingers, sorry Runnymede. :P

CM7 coupled with Launcher Pro seems to be the best bet in terms of smoothness and snappiness. Please note - even the default launcher on CM7 (ADW) sucks when it comes to smoothness of scrolling, especially in app drawer.

I don't regret my decision of buying LauncherPro at all

Last edited by clevermax : 4th April 2012 at 12:26.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:27   #8438
Senior - BHPian

Have u used ADW EX? I find it perfectly usable and fun with MIUI ROMs
Old 4th April 2012, 12:34   #8439
Senior - BHPian

@Clevermax, I thought you will be trying out the RSK rom!
Slowness can happen if the sd card is not fast enough.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:35   #8440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have u used ADW EX? I find it perfectly usable and fun with MIUI ROMs
No I haven't... Is it just a paid version of ADW? There's a difference somewhere deep within the way scrolling is implemented in Go Launcher as well as Launcher Pro - both scrolls butter smooth while others don't. Some other Launchers scroll without lag and appear to be smooth but if you notice closely, there is jitter - some may not notice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
@Clevermax, I thought you will be trying out the RSK rom!
Slowness can happen if the sd card is not fast enough.
Yes I agree, there can be annoying lags but the jittery scrolling is definitely not due to a slow sd card. It has got to do with the way it is implemented. I will try RSK as a last step before going to CM7! I saw in RSK thread in xda someone complaining about the slowness of the ROM who came from Runnymede.

Learning it the hard way - you can't have anything and everything in one ROM. You just need to identify your needs, weigh them and decide on the best option which can satisfy the top needs.

Last edited by clevermax : 4th April 2012 at 12:40.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:43   #8441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
CM7 coupled with Launcher Pro seems to be the best bet in terms of smoothness and snappiness. Please note - even the default launcher on CM7 (ADW) sucks when it comes to smoothness of scrolling, especially in app drawer.

I don't regret my decision of buying LauncherPro at all

Desire has an AOKP port right? not trying that out?
Once you have ICS the Nova launcher makes launcher pro look like a snail
Old 4th April 2012, 13:31   #8442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Hands are dry and clean too. So is the screen.
..So beats me what the problem is!!!
The problem is with the ROM - It does happen sometimes in stock ROMs..Just reflash and you will be fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Learning it the hard way - you can't have anything and everything in one ROM. You just need to identify your needs, weigh them and decide on the best option which can satisfy the top needs.
Try WIUI 2.3.30 Stable GB - most issues are ironed out in it! One of the best ROMs for the defy in the market
Old 4th April 2012, 14:30   #8443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem is with the ROM - It does happen sometimes in stock ROMs..Just reflash and you will be fine!!
Thanks Vikram. How do i reflash the ROM? This is my first time with a smart phone, even a touch screen mobile, so pardon the noob Q. Will this void the warranty? Would any data be lost?
Old 4th April 2012, 14:33   #8444
Senior - BHPian

@bluengel/others -
Guys,

I want a qwerty in candybar format - no slide out keyboards for me. If not the chacha then what? Droid pro isnt coming to india anytime soon as it seems to me!
Old 4th April 2012, 15:11   #8445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thanks Vikram. How do i reflash the ROM? This is my first time with a smart phone, even a touch screen mobile, so pardon the noob Q. Will this void the warranty? Would any data be lost?
If you are new into this, I'd say do not jump into flashing the ROM all of a sudden, you have to get familiar with the process first by reading up a bit..

And no, flashing the same ROM again normally will not result in any data loss. Flashing the same ROM again just means installing the OS components all over again, so your data will be preserved. This can be compared to "Repair" option you see in a windows installation disk when you insert a windows set up DVD into a PC which already has Windows.

Quote:
Try WIUI 2.3.30 Stable GB - most issues are ironed out in it! One of the best ROMs for the defy in the market
I don't think this ROM is compatible with my phone

Last edited by clevermax : 4th April 2012 at 15:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks