Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 00:03   #8446
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Well... Quad core Android lands in my hand

Yes, I got the HTC One X Limited White edition !! Enjoying every moment with it.
Old 5th April 2012, 07:31   #8447
BHPian

Any idea if S2 can simply replace HU in the Car? Theoretically it is possible but I am looking for accessories for the same. Can experts help?
Old 5th April 2012, 07:51   #8448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi

Yes, I got the HTC One X Limited White edition !! Enjoying every moment with it.
Wow. Congrats. Is it first quad core here?
Enjoy the super-smart phone.

BTW some pics & a bit review please..
Old 5th April 2012, 09:29   #8449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi

congrats! From an htc single core
Old 5th April 2012, 11:56   #8450
Senior - BHPian

I own a SE X10i and after researching a lot between a galaxy note and iphone 4s, I am again going for a android mobile Galaxy Note
Old 5th April 2012, 12:10   #8451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I own a SE X10i and after researching a lot between a galaxy note and iphone 4s, I am again going for a android mobile Galaxy Note
have taken a gander at the xperia NXT series?
Old 5th April 2012, 13:16   #8452
BHPian

Quote:
. I know some guys who are using (Note) and are really satisfied. These are people who moved camp from the original Xperia.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:16   #8453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
. I know some guys who are using (Note) and are really satisfied. These are people who moved camp from the original Xperia.
that is true, Note looks to be a good option, but i am already too satisfied from X10i, there was a obvious need of changing my cell as i dont keep any more than a year
that is why i was looking for the best smartphone nowadays and zeroed down 4s 16GB but after comparing it with Note, i became speechless
Old 5th April 2012, 14:21   #8454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Quote:
that is true, Note looks to be a good option,speechless
I had a chance to test drive the Note. Awesome display!
One thing I didn't like about Note is the lack of smoothness of scrolling of homescreen and app drawer. They are jittery. I guess you have to mod Note to get true performance out of it. CM7.1 coupled with LauncherPro in my older Desire can put a stock Note to shame in terms of UI smoothness. I am not talking about its capability to run multiple apps and do heavy processing, it is dual core and faster and it will perform.

Last edited by clevermax : 5th April 2012 at 14:25.
Old 5th April 2012, 15:18   #8455
BHPian

Guys,

What about the HTC One X? I've been waiting for a while for a worthwhile android phone and the One X looks like it. I like the specs, not that I will be able to max out a Quad core 1.5 processor but I like the idea future proofing it somewhat.

What I am seriously worried about is the battery life. I dont spend more than an hour a day in calls but do fiddle about a lot. More so, since I am moving on to android only now, I will be really playing around with the phone...atleast for the first 6 months or so. Do you reckon the battery will last me atleast a day? My phone dying in the middle of the day is a no no. It needs to last me from 7-11.

Any thoughts there? I find the Note too big. I thought the SII was pretty well sized.
Old 5th April 2012, 15:25   #8456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
Guys,

What about the HTC One X? I've been waiting for a while for a worthwhile android phone and the One X looks like it. I like the specs, not that I will be able to max out a Quad core 1.5 processor but I like the idea future proofing it somewhat.
One X is still the only phone in that category, but market watchers suggest anyone who's looking for buying a top notch Android to wait a coupe of months or even more, as they say the best is yet to come. I don't have much idea what's coming up.
Old 5th April 2012, 15:42   #8457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
One X is still the only phone in that category, but market watchers suggest anyone who's looking for buying a top notch Android to wait a coupe of months or even more, as they say the best is yet to come. I don't have much idea what's coming up.

Well, I know the SIII is coming. with similar specs, possibly a marginally bigger screen. I suppose Sony, Moto, et all will follow.

Now the waiting bit, I have literally sat and watched the kettle till it came to a boil for the last 8-9 months. So I doubt I will realistically be able to wait for a couple more. I've been wondering about waiting for the One S which is coming in about a months time.

But coming back, would you intelligently guesstimate that the 1800 Mah battery be enough for a days usage? Ofcourse, it'll be on the 3G network all day but I wont necessarily be using data off it.
Old 5th April 2012, 15:58   #8458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But coming back, would you intelligently guesstimate that the 1800 Mah battery be enough for a days usage? Ofcourse, it'll be on the 3G network all day but I wont necessarily be using data off it.
I have my doubts there, whether the battery will be able to keep it alive the whole day. My HTC Desire with one of the most battery efficient ROMs, with very less apps and less widgets lasts a day (24 hours) with data ON, but data is managed automatically.

Data switches off automatically if there's less than 10KB per 10 second transfer, after 5 minutes from a display switch off. If there's still traffic more than 10KB per 10 second, it will wait for it to diminish to switch data off. In this way, I can ensure that mails are sent from my outbox before data shuts down. Then it periodically turns on data. I am not using 3G yet, this is EDGE.

If I am buying another smartphone, that must have a better battery life than this. Sometimes I get so paranoid with the battery life and I will even switch off the option to display battery % in the status bar - otherwise I will end up looking at it all the time I use the phone.

Last edited by clevermax : 5th April 2012 at 16:05.
Old 5th April 2012, 16:37   #8459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I have my doubts there, whether the battery will be able to keep it alive the whole day. My HTC Desire with one of the most battery efficient ROMs, with very less apps and less widgets lasts a day (24 hours) with data ON, but data is managed automatically.

Data switches off automatically if there's less than 10KB per 10 second transfer, after 5 minutes from a display switch off. If there's still traffic more than 10KB per 10 second, it will wait for it to diminish to switch data off. In this way, I can ensure that mails are sent from my outbox before data shuts down. Then it periodically turns on data. I am not using 3G yet, this is EDGE.

If I am buying another smartphone, that must have a better battery life than this. Sometimes I get so paranoid with the battery life and I will even switch off the option to display battery % in the status bar - otherwise I will end up looking at it all the time I use the phone.
Hmm thanks. the Desire has a 1400 Mah battery with a Amoled 3.7 inch screen. The One X is a 1800 Mah with a 4.7 IPS-LCD. Not a hope that the One X will last 24 hrs. At best, it might-and im using might very very judiciously here-last from morning to evening. Lets see, I might still end up getting it. The kettle boileth over.

Btw, there is an additionaly battery pack available from ebay for the desire for approx 1K. Makes the phone 2X thicker but has 2 batteries in it. I've seen someone using it but cannot comment on if it boosts battery life significantly. Chk it out.
Old 5th April 2012, 16:45   #8460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm thanks. the Desire has a 1400 Mah battery with a Amoled 3.7 inch screen. The One X is a 1800 Mah with a 4.7 IPS-LCD. Not a hope that the One X will last 24 hrs. At best, it might-and im using might very very judiciously here-last from morning to evening. Lets see, I might still end up getting it. The kettle boileth over.

Btw, there is an additionaly battery pack available from ebay for the desire for approx 1K. Makes the phone 2X thicker but has 2 batteries in it. I've seen someone using it but cannot comment on if it boosts battery life significantly. Chk it out.
Mine is a PVT4 S-LCD version of Desire. But battery life is almost same as AMOLED version.

I have seen bigger battery packs for Desires. Makes it thicker, but some of them can run the phone for one full week with not-so-heavy usage!

My battery has shown signs of ageing - I think now it has less capacity than rated. While discharging, phone shuts down at around 12% battery, and while charging, it begins smoothly from 0,1,2,... and so on, until it reaches around 88% and suddenly it will assume 100%.

Last edited by clevermax : 5th April 2012 at 16:50.

Most Viewed