Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 12:36   #8476
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Also, the big question: ~37k - is it really worth it? I'm tempted but man so many options at that price. And where did you get the white version from? I cant find it anywhere :(

Cheers.
The 37K is a premium of early ownership. Btw, you can get it cheaper as anmol said and in white. check the sites he mentions in his post above.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:44   #8477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, the big question: ~37k - is it really worth it? I'm tempted but man so many options at that price. And where did you get the white version from? I cant find it anywhere :(

Cheers.
If the much inferior Me-Phone 4S 32GB can be worth 50k then OneX is certainly worth 37k. You get much better of almost everything!

But obviously at these insane prices all these so called smartphones are overpriced, especially in India where usage is in a very restricted sense.
Old 6th April 2012, 15:01   #8478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx

If the much inferior Me-Phone 4S 32GB can be worth 50k then OneX is certainly worth 37k. You get much better of almost everything!

But obviously at these insane prices all these so called smartphones are overpriced, especially in India where usage is in a very restricted sense.
Ha ha..! The best answer on OneX's worthiness! It definitely is worth the money compared to .... you know what.
Old 6th April 2012, 15:27   #8479
BHPian

Quote:
How is the back? I mean is it prone to getting scratches and stuff? Not sure if it is allowed, but some 'real' pics of the phone in a normal environment would be great for prospective buyers!

Cheers.
I would definitely upload some pictures later today. As far as I have used, I think it has a real premium feel and premium materials are used. I personally liked White much more than brown. It is a very out of the crowd phone. And yes, I am loving the attention.

I think it is well priced. Look at Xperia S (Sony Flagship) - 32,500/- and has a old dual core processor, no ICS as of now. SII - 30k - Waiting for ICS, Dual core. With the features and smooth operations, I am satisfied with what price was demanded.
Old 6th April 2012, 16:49   #8480
BHPian

Here are some pictures of my HTC One X white. I have installed armour shield on its back where it touches the back so as to avoid any dirt.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img2012040600022.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img2012040600023.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img2012040600024.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img2012040600025.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img2012040600026.jpg
Old 6th April 2012, 18:12   #8481
Team-BHP Support

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I heard it was to be launched in March 2012, however, its april already.
I think it should be in the 27-28K range based on the Galaxy SII price.

I checked on ebay, but all sellers are selling grey market items.
Any idea when it comes to India via official channels?
Old 6th April 2012, 18:16   #8482
Senior - BHPian

@anmolbedi

nice pics and a great buy. envy you.

if only it ran unadulterated ICS out of the box (or it was an official google phone instead of that cheap looking galaxy nexus) it would be the best set in the market to take on Me-phone. Unfortunately HTC doesnt listen and are losing as a result.

@tanveer

no way is nexus going to be that cheap. if anything it will be costlier than S2, might be priced around 35k. It has a much better screen than S2 and is running ICS.

Last edited by joslicx : 6th April 2012 at 18:18.
Old 6th April 2012, 18:19   #8483
Senior - BHPian

Help Needed: App Development for Field Data Collection (MS Access)

Guys, I am in need of inputs from you regarding a query that I have.

I am looking for some technological solution to replace the pen and paper survey questionnaires for field executives in my company. The OS I have shortlisted is Android.

Basically I want an application on an Andriod device which

- is compatible with Microsoft Access (I have asked our IT guys to develop a survey form)
- is easy to use for field executives for data entry in the form
- is able to send/sync the filled in data to the server wirelessly (3G/EDGE/Wifi)
- is able to connect the device to a pc and reproduce the data on a pc in a specific format (e.g. MS Excel table etc.)
- is user friendly and bug free

Please let me know if there is already solution available for my requirements (which I may have overlooked) and if custom developed, how much this application is going to cost me and who could develop such custom app for my needs?

I posted my query on XDA but could not see any input from those guys, so reposting it here in hope of some direction. Please share your inputs and am looking forward for your replies.

Ace
Old 6th April 2012, 20:30   #8484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
I would definitely upload some pictures later today. As far as I have used, I think it has a real premium feel and premium materials are used. I personally liked White much more than brown. It is a very out of the crowd phone. And yes, I am loving the attention.

I think it is well priced. Look at Xperia S (Sony Flagship) - 32,500/- and has a old dual core processor, no ICS as of now. SII - 30k - Waiting for ICS, Dual core. With the features and smooth operations, I am satisfied with what price was demanded.
@Anmol

Thanks for the pics, how is the audio/speaker response? Does it lack in bass like other HTC phones with beats? Is the speaker loud enough for taking calls
Old 6th April 2012, 21:38   #8485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz

@Anmol

Thanks for the pics, how is the audio/speaker response? Does it lack in bass like other HTC phones with beats? Is the speaker loud enough for taking calls
Frankly speaking, havent tested for bass. But tested speakerphone and it was sharp, loud and clear. Coming from iPhone 4s mono speaker this one sounded much better. No offense to any iPhone owner.
Old 7th April 2012, 22:52   #8486
BHPian

Guys i have a I9100 with DDKE4 Firmware and i want to root it. Is there any CF-Root kernel for this firmware? or do have to flash some other firmware first?
Pls help..
Old 7th April 2012, 23:32   #8487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Guys i have a I9100 with DDKE4 Firmware and i want to root it. Is there any CF-Root kernel for this firmware? or do have to flash some other firmware first?
Pls help..

Hi Maniac,

I too have I9100 and I am using Checkrom rom, I have used few but found this ROM close to stock rom and also is most stable,fast and battery efficient with great community for instant support.

CheckROM
Old 8th April 2012, 00:29   #8488
BHPian

Hi freak,
I had earlier read your review of checkrom and was certainly going to try it. Infact i was searching for the link. Thanks for the link. Will report back with my observations.

Also i have rooted my phone but on booting at the welcome screen is showing a triangle with exclamation sign. Is this a cause of concern? And is using Siyah kernal safe? I had read that Siyah kernel in Galaxy note had bricked some devices.
Old 8th April 2012, 08:09   #8489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Hi freak,
I had earlier read your review of checkrom and was certainly going to try it. Infact i was searching for the link. Thanks for the link. Will report back with my observations.

Also i have rooted my phone but on booting at the welcome screen is showing a triangle with exclamation sign. Is this a cause of concern? And is using Siyah kernal safe? I had read that Siyah kernel in Galaxy note had bricked some devices.

Triangle screen is a sign that your phone is rooted. Removing this triangle sign is very simple, If you have a jig then shutdown your phone and connect jig, phone will automatically boot and triangle would be removed, else you have videos on checkrom website explaining the procedure to remove this. In case you are not able to follow, feel free to PM me and i will help you step by step in removing triangle sign.

Regarding Siyah kernel, well i love this the most, I am currently using siyah 2.6.13 on my phone. Its developed by Gokhan and is very nice. I am using this kernel since I have started rooting my phone, SGS2 is one phone which cannot be bricked so easily is what I have heard from experts, there must have been some mistakes as people don;t look at the model of the phone begore flashing and that may have an impact.
Old 8th April 2012, 09:06   #8490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Triangle screen is a sign that your phone is rooted. Removing this triangle sign is very simple, If you have a jig then shutdown your phone and connect jig, phone will automatically boot and triangle would be removed, else you have videos on checkrom website explaining the procedure to remove this. In case you are not able to follow, feel free to PM me and i will help you step by step in removing triangle sign.

Regarding Siyah kernel, well i love this the most, I am currently using siyah 2.6.13 on my phone. Its developed by Gokhan and is very nice. I am using this kernel since I have started rooting my phone, SGS2 is one phone which cannot be bricked so easily is what I have heard from experts, there must have been some mistakes as people don;t look at the model of the phone begore flashing and that may have an impact.
For ICS based ROMs - you could use an app called Triangle Away. It removes the yellow triangle and resets your flashing counter

I also found Check ROM to be the most stable of the GB ROMs. But now I have been trying ICS ROM's - the one that I like the most is Wanam Lite. For the past couple of days I am using Adyscorpious MIUI V4 - pure eye candy and stable too.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 8th April 2012 at 09:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks