Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2012, 09:13   #8491
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
For ICS based ROMs - you could use an app called Triangle Away. It removes the yellow triangle and resets your flashing counter

I also found Check ROM to be the most stable of the GB ROMs. But now I have been trying ICS ROM's - the one that I like the most is Wanam Lite. For the past couple of days I am using Adyscorpious MIUI V4 - pure eye candy and stable too.

Well I have not yet tried ICS as I am waiting for Gadgetcheck (Founder of checkrom) to come out with a stable ICS ROM. Some how this guy maintains very high standards and his work can be trusted for its build and quality of ROM.
Old 8th April 2012, 09:16   #8492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Well I have not yet tried ICS as I am waiting for Gadgetcheck (Founder of checkrom) to come out with a stable ICS ROM. Some how this guy maintains very high standards and his work can be trusted for its build and quality of ROM.
Even I am waiting for a ICS ROM from gadget check. Till the time he comes out with a ICS ROM, whats the harm in trying out different ones ?
Old 8th April 2012, 17:38   #8493
BHPian

Thanks for the input crazy and freak.
I thought i will start the proceedings with checkrom and if need be then proceed onto ICS. That said i flashed Siyah 2.6.14 0n top of checkrom 6 and the phone is now working like a dream. Will deal with the triangle tomorrow.
Old 9th April 2012, 10:59   #8494
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the Atrix 2. Got it at 21700.. from a store in Pimpri. People considering a phone around 20k, do check this out.
Old 9th April 2012, 13:50   #8495
BHPian

So I finally picked up a white HTC One X. I had originally ordered it from Flipkart for 37899 but cancelled it. I was browsing around in Hiranandani, Powai in the wknd and saw it in a shop, found it was cheaper and picked it up for 36K.

Initial impressions, the phone is fast and using the Dolphin HD browser, webpages come up super fast; and the way the page is rendered, the text is pretty readable without having to resize.

The 4.7 screen has been running at 50% brightness and over the last couple of days, it has given me close to 24 hours running on 3G and data connections always on. And remember, this is during the honeymoon period and obviously the screen is the biggest drain on the battery, with over 40% usage.

I had also thought that a 4.7 screen might just be too big for me, given i am 5.6 and accordingly built. But the bezel is very thin and adds very little to the overall dimensions. I had absolutely no problems while playing with it in the shop and now in my pocket even when I'm sitting. In fact, in my pocket, i find it less intrusive than my N8 which is thicker.

No plans of custom ROMs for the next couple of months in the event that there are updates from HTC but definitely post 6 months or so.

Let me know if anyone needs any information about the phone and I will be glad to help. If you have generally like HTC, this phone is worth it with an analogy to the iphone; overall, given the charm of early ownership, its worth it.

@joslicx, Shankyz, anmolbedi, Bluengel180, sbkumar, clevermax, everyone else here: Thank you for your help.

Last edited by thewhiteknight : 9th April 2012 at 13:57.
Old 9th April 2012, 15:01   #8496
BHPian

@thewhiteknight

Congratulations on your new purchase, enjoy the honeymoon as you explore your new gadget.

Play some music and movies and browse the web, youtube and share your experience when you can.
Old 9th April 2012, 15:04   #8497
BHPian

Nexus S 4.0.4 update

My Nexus S getting updated to official 4.0.4 from 2.3.6 as I write this. Total Update size 128.6MB so ensure WiFi connectivity.

I had to Checkin as described below:

A). To force the update on your phone, go to dial pad and press: *#*#2432546#*#* it numeric combination means "checkin". Wait till you get "Check in successful" message.

B). Go to applicaitons...manage apps.....All....Go to Google Framework.....and press Clear Data...Restart Phone and the go to About Phone and System Updates. You might have to repeat this process. I had to do it only twice.

Above process courtesy gsmarena.

Will give first impressions in few days .

Regards;
-Rohit
Old 9th April 2012, 18:51   #8498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight
So I finally picked up a white HTC One X. I had originally ordered it from Flipkart for 37899 but cancelled it. I was browsing around in Hiranandani, Powai in the wknd and saw it in a shop, found it was cheaper and picked it up for 36K.

Initial impressions, the phone is fast and using the Dolphin HD browser, webpages come up super fast; and the way the page is rendered, the text is pretty readable without having to resize.

@joslicx, Shankyz, anmolbedi, Bluengel180, sbkumar, clevermax, everyone else here: Thank you for your help.
Congratulations dear. Welcome to HTC one x club. I am sure you would enjoy the quad experience.
Old 9th April 2012, 19:04   #8499
BHPian

Flipkart joins price war. HTC one x Brown/gray now for 35899/-.
Old 9th April 2012, 19:39   #8500
Senior - BHPian

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I heard it was to be launched in March 2012, however, its april already.
I think it should be in the 27-28K range based on the Galaxy SII price.

I checked on ebay, but all sellers are selling grey market items.
Any idea when it comes to India via official channels?
I picked up 2 Galaxy Nexus for 24K. Sold my SII for 22K after 10 months using which was rooted.
I do feel it's faster wee bit than SII in terms of browsing, UI, and some apps.
Overall much better. However liked the S.Amoled Plus on S II, slightly more saturated colors compared to Nexus.
There are 2 different version of Nexus that I got one was 'Yakju' which gets instant update from Google the other is 'Yakjuxw' which gets updates released from Samsung. However you can convert to Yakju if rooted.
Running AOKP and makes the Nexus even better. No issues what so ever.

Nexus if launched officially expect it be around 28k to 30k.
If not wait couple of months and get S III which is due for launch on 22nd May.

HTC one X
Was looking at get the One X the day it was launched. The phone is well worth the price for what it packs, especially the looks and the display. The price quoted was was Rs.35,500/-. However choose the Galaxy nexus for pure ICS experience. Also, decided to wait for S III expected launch is 22nd May.
Found an interesting video comparison on HTC one X with Galaxy Nexus.
Can the users confirm if there is such an issue present with the browser as mentioned in this video?

Last edited by Invinsible : 9th April 2012 at 19:55.
Old 9th April 2012, 21:26   #8501
BHPian

Guys,

Today my Neo V started acting really weird. The screen is receiving touch inputs without me doing anything. I downloaded this app Dotty (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...JyeS5kb3R0eSJd) to see what's happening with the screen.

This app confirms that the screen is getting random touch everywhere on the screen. This started happening suddenly today afternoon. It was running a custom ROM, I flashed the stock ROM back but still same issue. Any ideas what is happening here?
Old 9th April 2012, 22:05   #8502
BHPian

Flipkart has also reduced price of SGS2. Some days back it was Rs 30,900 and now it is Rs 27,900. Do you think this is because of SGS3? Rumours are that it will be launched in April/May and it will be 4G capable (not much relevant in India though for some time).
Old 9th April 2012, 22:25   #8503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Flipkart has also reduced price of SGS2. Some days back it was Rs 30,900 and now it is Rs 27,900. Do you think this is because of SGS3? Rumours are that it will be launched in April/May and it will be 4G capable (not much relevant in India though for some time).
You may like to check this out!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 9th April 2012 at 22:26.
Old 9th April 2012, 23:58   #8504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Here's a leaked info galaxy s3 and probably the closest to what it would be like
Samsung Galaxy S3 Press Invite Leaked , May 22nd UK launch ?

Expecting the price to be around 35k, has a quad core processor & super amoled plus HD display.

Last edited by Invinsible : 10th April 2012 at 00:01.
Old 10th April 2012, 01:13   #8505
Team-BHP Support

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I picked up 2 Galaxy Nexus for 24K. Sold my SII for 22K after 10 months using which was rooted.
It was all too confusing... so I picked up a samsung galaxy note. Considering my laptop has an 18" screen, its necessary that I pick up an obese phone. And I am loving it!
Its like the double cheeseburger at In&Out. You have to open your mouth uncomfortably to eat it, but once you eat it, its simply heavenly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks