Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 17:43   #8746
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Ebay has a new 15% off coupon.with no upper limit on the discount .
Old 25th April 2012, 18:30   #8747
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Ace. For some reason, all online apps are working but i cant connect to the internet. I installed Opera but same problem.

The data transfer icon on the top is showing red n yellow whenever i use the online apps.
Internet runs on wi-fi but not on GPRS. Any clues?
Old 25th April 2012, 21:49   #8748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage

This is a super deal.

Any way we can use Market enabler to set a US IP and book the phone to someone in the US from here?
Any of ur friends working on US based virtual machines can do it. Let me know if ur ok giving me the details. I can do it for you.
Old 25th April 2012, 23:43   #8749
BHPian

ICS Update for Xperia Neo V is available through PC Companion (or Sony Bridge for Mac) .

I'm downloading the update right now. Will post some screenshots after the phone is updated successfully.
Old 26th April 2012, 09:18   #8750
BHPian

Well, looks like Sony removed the option to take a screenshot.

First impressions are very good. ICS version is 4.0.3 instead of 4.0.4. Google apps are much better, especially GMail. Overall UI feels much better polished and slick.

From Sony's side, they've improved the UI further. Most important functional change is smart dialing in the stock dialer, now I don't need any third-party dialer.
Old 26th April 2012, 09:23   #8751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Believe me, Chacah screen is not good at all plus it is so small you don't have space. If indeed required do take a look at Samsung Galaxy Y pro (better internal memory and battery) and take a serious look at SE xperia mini pro SK 17i (similar battery but great display, good size, qwerty and better internal memory plus better processor)
Has anyone used the galaxy Y pro Duos? Its a nifty little device with a nice keyboard (looks quite ugly) but has alot of features, optical trackpad without the BB premium? and just seems to be a nice all-around device? though, honestly, the fluid workhorse BB interface is quite attractive and i get the sneaky feeling that the Y Pro may not be as smooth with messaging (the primary need).

/else it was going to be the BB 3G
Old 26th April 2012, 09:28   #8752
Team-BHP Support

I am on update-cm-7.1.0-jordan-signed.zip in my Defy since Oct 2011. Since stability is quite important for me, I don't use nightly builds. But how is update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-jordan-signed.zip?

Is it stable enough, it is up there for more than a month. What do I get over 7.1.0?
Old 26th April 2012, 10:09   #8753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I am on update-cm-7.1.0-jordan-signed.zip in my Defy since Oct 2011. Since stability is quite important for me, I don't use nightly builds. But how is update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-jordan-signed.zip?

Is it stable enough, it is up there for more than a month. What do I get over 7.1.0?
Check out WajkIUI. Mostly stable (check 3.30 or prior) builds for a long time since oct. Latest one is broken. I cannot use market on my phone for some stupid reason. Else rock stable. Gives a full day of usage despite games, calls and now occasional foursquare.

btw, after install, wipe once or twice if its a bit laggy.
Old 26th April 2012, 10:51   #8754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most likely a setting issue. But in my case it turned out to be a faulty SIM. The first thing the guy at the vodafone store did was to change the SIM and now GPRS and 3g work properly.
Old 26th April 2012, 10:56   #8755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perform the below:

Go to Settings > Wireless & Network, scroll down and select Mobile Networks and check the option for Use packet data.

Also check if access point names exist. Samsung will not allow download of GPRS / 3G settings over the air. It has to be entered manually. Call your service provider from another instrument and ask for these settings and enter them into the samsung handset.

If it still does not work, go to the service center and have them look into it.

P.S. Ensure your handset is not set to access the internet via WiFi only.
Old 26th April 2012, 11:36   #8756
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Go to Settings > Wireless & Network, scroll down and select Mobile Networks and check the option for Use packet data.
It is checked.

Quote:
Also check if access point names exist. Samsung will not allow download of GPRS / 3G settings over the air. It has to be entered manually.
It is set to airtelgprs.com

Quote:
Call your service provider from another instrument and ask for these settings and enter them into the samsung handset.
Did that; as usual, Airtel's servers are down so I've been asked to call after 4 hours.

Quote:
P.S. Ensure your handset is not set to access the internet via WiFi only.
Where's that option :P
(The online apps are working on GPRS)
Old 26th April 2012, 12:02   #8757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Well, looks like Sony removed the option to take a screenshot.

First impressions are very good. ICS version is 4.0.3 instead of 4.0.4. Google apps are much better, especially GMail. Overall UI feels much better polished and slick.

From Sony's side, they've improved the UI further. Most important functional change is smart dialing in the stock dialer, now I don't need any third-party dialer.
That's great. Please post a screenshot of free RAM right after boot up and after some usage. I am worried only about this, sony has been not so good in RAM management of their ROMs. Also, any change in quality of camera ?
Old 26th April 2012, 12:20   #8758
BHPian

Guys, have a query. I am currently using Iphone 3g (bought with bill & unlocked with cydia) , primarily as a phone & email device. Now it lasts me less than a day on browsing, mails & calls. Plus I am not an apple fan boy ( no offenses to anyone). Besides the fact that I am simply bored of the device.

I am looking to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note ( at a price of Rs31,500) . Now the dilemma is that with the New Galaxy s III , soon to be launched, should I go ahead with the buy?

As the deal on the Note with the free headphones is a good one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as my prior experience with Android platform is Zilch!!
Old 26th April 2012, 12:25   #8759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

I am looking to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note ( at a price of Rs31,500) . Now the dilemma is that with the New Galaxy s III , soon to be launched, should I go ahead with the buy?

As the deal on the Note with the free headphones is a good one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as my prior experience with Android platform is Zilch!!
SII user here ... and my dad got his new note last week ... (I took his headphones though )

I personally would wait for the SIII launch on May 3rd. See what it offers, then decide. Even if the sIII isnt exciting, the SII prices should fall to the 24 k region soon, making it the best deal possible. IMO, Note is too big for one hand use.

If you have anyone coming from the USA, just get an unlocked galaxy nexus. Hell of a buy @ 22K only!
Old 26th April 2012, 13:25   #8760
BHPian

Just got the Note. Love the first look. Data plan isnt active yet so havent really used apps and browser. Also, fits in my jeans pocket and doesnt feel that big. It will be a matter of getting used to it IMO...

Will post update once its fully functional

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks