Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 22:02   #8821
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any idea what is the least price I can get a new HTC OneX? Last I saw in this forum was 35.6K if my memory serves me right... Is it offered anywhere for less than that?
Old 28th April 2012, 22:22   #8822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax
Any idea what is the least price I can get a new HTC OneX? Last I saw in this forum was 35.6K if my memory serves me right... Is it offered anywhere for less than that?
These are the current prices prevailing on ebay

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-forumrunner_20120428_222227.png
Old 28th April 2012, 22:42   #8823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
These are the current prices prevailing on ebay
Attachment 921349
Thanks!

This is an Android sticker my brother stuck on the wall few years back.. never thought we would be using Android devices this sooner

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-dsc03837.jpg
Old 29th April 2012, 09:45   #8824
BANNED

I saw on a TV programme that Chrome (at least Beta) is around. It was on the installed Apps screen. Any experience with it, and how does it compare to Dolphin. Firefox for Android is junk.
Old 29th April 2012, 09:48   #8825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I saw on a TV programme that Chrome (at least Beta) is around. It was on the installed Apps screen. Any experience with it, and how does it compare to Dolphin. Firefox for Android is junk.
Chrome Beta has been around for a while now, alas only for ICS running devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result
Old 29th April 2012, 11:54   #8826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Wait till the S3 is revealed? if you do buy from ebay use the discount coupons. will knock of a couple of grand off the price
Old 29th April 2012, 17:34   #8827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I'm on Gingerbread ( 2.3.7 MIUI ROM ) . So couldn't use chrome.

Regardless, Opera mini is the best mobile browser for browsing contents as far as speed and memory foot print is concerned because of its unique feature of compressing images before downloading it to phone using a proxy server.

If you want to use the ajax features of a website Dolphin HD browser is the leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
We all need to thank dkaile. He's the man.

Though I should tell you that using navigation just depletes your battery in matter of minutes! My 1650 mAH were gone in about an hour of use (from Bangalore airport to Marathalli) If you plan to use it in your car do buy a car charger for your mobile.
With android and ios phones, it's handy to have a charger wherever you go - wall charger, car charger etc.

Sony USB power supply is another handy gadget that will help you out. I bought one recently and since then I no longer worry about battery even after using Skype, GPS etc lavishly.

And since you mentioned your battery capacity as 1650 Mah, are you on Samsung Galaxy SL ( GT-i9003 ) ?

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th April 2012 at 09:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged on request. Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 18:13   #8828
Team-BHP Support

So I updated my mum's Galaxy Ace to Gingerbread. Now I've been trying to setup her Yahoo email account.

Although the a/c is setup, it just has a few days email. Earlier the account was setup as is; ie it had all the folders and emails as per the online account.

How do I do it now?
Old 29th April 2012, 19:02   #8829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I'm on Gingerbread ( 2.3.7 MIUI ROM ) . So couldn't use chrome.

Regardless, Opera mini is the best mobile browser for browsing contents as far as speed and memory foot print is concerned because of its unique feature of compressing images before downloading it to phone using a proxy server.

If you want to use the ajax features of a website Dolphin HD browser is the leader.
Thats why I use Opera most of the time. Even while using EDGE pages just zap open unlike any other browser. Saves me data charges too. Shame that Opera is still not made for Windows Phone. One of the reasons that ticked me off from buying a WP.

On the flip side it does not render some pages well and often does not render pictures well.
Old 29th April 2012, 19:06   #8830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
..- wajkIUI for defy is brilliant - i use about 60% in 13 hours. ..
Which version of WajkIUI? I am on MIUI-2.2.24 Hybrid ICS Build Number (Android version 4.0.3) and the battery drains up quite fast -- at the rate of ~15% per hour with quite active use of 3G services.
Old 29th April 2012, 19:49   #8831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Which version of WajkIUI? I am on MIUI-2.2.24 Hybrid ICS Build Number (Android version 4.0.3) and the battery drains up quite fast -- at the rate of ~15% per hour with quite active use of 3G services.
2.3.16 GB

Included ROM toolbox and disabled half the apps that auto started.

but on 2G, no 3G - if you use any app for an hour, you get 7-10% hourly drain. 3G will increase it only!!

@joslicx: That's far too much battery drain. My phone navigated just fine from 80% to 1% (or 4%) in about 5 odd hours.

If you're on a custom ROM, try disabling some crapware or autoloading services.
Old 29th April 2012, 20:30   #8832
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the buying suggestions guys. That was for my brother. He just bought HTC OneX. From a shop itself, just less than 37K he told - He could not wait ;-)
Old 29th April 2012, 21:17   #8833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax
Thanks for the buying suggestions guys. That was for my brother. He just bought HTC OneX. From a shop itself, just less than 37K he told - He could not wait ;-)
Please ask him to update to firmware 1.28 and feel the difference. Improved battery life and other software issues fixed.

- Sent from my HTC One X white
Old 29th April 2012, 23:53   #8834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
oh damn, i came online only to tell you to consider XperiaS if u havent. a friend tried both head to head and bought the sony.

and no he's not a sony fanboy.
Old 30th April 2012, 00:13   #8835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
With android and ios phones, it's handy to have a charger wherever you go - wall charger, car charger etc.

Sony USB power supply is another handy gadget that will help you out. I bought one recently and since then I no longer worry about battery even after using Skype, GPS etc lavishly.

And since you mentioned your battery capacity as 1650 Mah, are you on Samsung Galaxy SL ( GT-i9003 ) ?
Oops my bad. It is 1520 mAH battery. My phone is the HTC Sensation.

Quote:

@joslicx: That's far too much battery drain. My phone navigated just fine from 80% to 1% (or 4%) in about 5 odd hours.

If you're on a custom ROM, try disabling some crapware or autoloading services.
Hi phamilyman what phone were you using? I was using the notorious HTC Sensation and screen was ON all the time (and brightness set to Auto).

Quote:
oh damn, i came online only to tell you to consider XperiaS if u havent. a friend tried both head to head and bought the sony.

and no he's not a sony fanboy.
Spot on! I played with both (Xperia S and OneX) yesterday at a store here. XperiaS is so damn fast! It just flies. In comparison OneX looked very slow! I dont know what HTC is doing to their phones. Even on Quad-core it just doesnt feel fast enough! But the screen on OneX is just drop dead gorgeous!

Last edited by joslicx : 30th April 2012 at 00:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks